A rant...or why do you guys undermine the earning potential of UG

Status
Not open for further replies.

retired

Thinks she's Scipio
Ozzy said:
...stop with all the complaints, pay your bill on time and tell your friends it really does pay to advertise here.
you mean miki should embellish the truth in order to attract more revenue for slinky?

now here's the rub...

Ozzy said:
One question for everyone here....

Which posts undermine the earning potential of UG more.

Vermmer calling someone a sloppy old ho... (a poster almost no one takes seriously anymore).

Or

A current advertiser saying that their UG ad yields no significant results.
I have gotten some business here but lets get real,I am a niche provider,I am not in the demographics of the average UG consumer...but my friends are,it seems to me that no matter what I say here I lose,I can't be honest,I get flamed,I don't lie so what am I supposed to do...ozzy,I wasnt looking to change anything,reread the thread,I posed a question and you've chosen to attack me repeatedly through this thread...I never put UG down,I'm here and continue to advertise..it obviously pays for me what I said is thast MOST of my business comes from a different demographic,my friends know I'm 48...you know I'm 48,what the problem?

retired

Thinks she's Scipio
music to my ears?

miki,

thanks for coming back to this thread. whether or not we agree on every point, i really appreciate your efforts to participate positively in the community, both on UG and in other venues.

there was a crazy article on netscape news yesterday stating something like: research has shown that men do not listen to women because men's ears are designed to hear the sounds of music rather than the sounds of women's voices***

i wonder if their eyes are also designed to read music rather than to read womens' words? ;)

***paraphrase subject to inaccuracies.

[size=+1](note from UG Service: Please read your e*mail)[/size]

Miki...

Who's attacking you... That post pertained to about a dozen women who have all in the past said the same exact fucking thing while advertising here while at the same, bitching about their treatment. Sorry for spelling out the intent of all your words for you.

X... Sorry for wasting my time trying to explain anything to a woman who has her mindset in a certain place and refuses to open it to a dumb mans honest observation. When Gwen’s not jumping out of planes I hear she's hosting men bashing parties at her place. It's a great get together. I hear Thorn is the guest of honor at the next meet. You can take turns tying him to a rack, berating him and then beating him upside the head with large florescent colored rubber dildo's.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
retired said:
there was a crazy article on netscape news yesterday stating something like: research has shown that men do not listen to women because men's ears are designed to hear the sounds of music rather than the sounds of women's voices***

i wonder if their eyes are also designed to read music rather than to read womens' words? ;)

***paraphrase subject to inaccuracies.
There's a lot of junk science out there.

A better explanation:

Ever heard the phrase "Wait till your father gets home"? Wonder why it's so prevalent?

What happens is that kids of both sexes don't listen to their mothers (which sort of rules out the "male's ears are phsyically...." argument). The reason is that mothers natter on about all sorts of things all day long, and when they tell the kids not to do something 500 times and never back it up with anything concrete, the nattering simply gets filtered out as "noise"*. The father, OTOH, rarely says anything, but when he does, if the kids don't listen, there's real consequences. So, as a result, the kids "hear" the father much better than they "hear" the mother.

* please atke a look at the scientific definitions of "noise" before jumping to conclusions about the meaning of this.

PS There's big difference between not hearing someone and saying that they are not telling the truth. In fact, you sort of have to have heard them to say that what they are saying isn't quite the truth. But I guess it's easier to always say someone isn't hearing you than to accept that they have an actual opinion or counter argument which needs real answers/arguements in return.

Did I mention her boxing lessons here?

She's still doing that last I heard... and she knocked a dude down in one of her sparring sessions.

She's retired from ho-ing and taken up BDSM.

retired said:
besides, thorn can be a bit presumptuous sometimes... ever since the vibrator incident, i feel a need to put him in check when he gets carried away with himself ;)
"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril."

Sun Tzu

Ozzy said:
Actually... it's

"Know your enemy better than he knows you"

Ozzy (whoreboard poster)

And you will always win.
Actually, you never "lose" when you know the enemy and yourself.
The reason being that if you know the enemy is stronger or in a better position to win, then you leave and fight another day.
You may not win, but you will avoid the loss.
Only fight when winning is a certainty.

slinkybender said:
mothers natter on about all sorts of things all day long, and when they tell the kids not to do something 500 times and never back it up with anything concrete, the nattering simply gets filtered out
And the reason for this is that the mother child thing is the greatest thing women EVER find. Many Women don't know how to handle it, so they get this "terms of endearment" thing going where they control, protect, overwhelm, feel guilty, feel great love, control, protect, ad nauseum ... "

One of the many reasons for the hobby is that most men can never get in the middle of that woman-child thing. They are excluded and seek elsewhere. But the kids don't get it either, so MOM is the strangest creature in the family...

One of the common triangles is "I love my kid, so I hook to support", "I'm left out, so I seek hookers"

For more from Captain Obvious, tune in Wednesday morning at 2:00 A.M. on WYAWN .............

retired

Thinks she's Scipio
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

- John F. Kennedy

Cloud Nine said:
Like the myth that JFK was a great president?
Never heard anyone claim that he was.

He was well-liked, because he was rich, good-looking, well-spoken, telegenic, President of the United States, married to Jackie, and fucking Marilyn Monroe. Women wanted to fuck him, men wanted to be him. He was a very good writer and public speaker, and I've heard people describe him as a great Irish-American, or great Catholic American, since he was the only one to be President, but I've never heard anyone claim he was a great president.

Status
Not open for further replies.