A couple of what?

These unintended consequences stories remind me of on of my own - only semi hobby related.

I have been here off and on since 2001 (actually earlier under a different handle) but rarely posted, so none of you know much about me. I'll preface this post by saying that when the love of my life dumped me at age 22 (circa 1989) I turned into the biggest unabashed misogynist from hell.

"Charlie" (name she used at the old harmony theatre) was working girl I used to hang out with, primarily because her life was so screwed up her antics were just plian fun to watch. I met her at the studio 90/Tina's of the mid-late 1990 that used to be on... er... think it was west 29th st ? (45 west 29th is the adress I recall)

Anyway, we had a routine - she be low on cash and would call me. She would tell me I was her boyfriend. Ya. OK. I knew she had a live in sugar daddy. I figure she played games with him too. Anyway, one night she calls me up for our usual hang out, hoping i'd spare a bit so she could go cop. We had a routine. Her apt is in the east village - but I am not supposed to ring the bell to her apt lest her sugar daddy (whom apparently thought they were engaged) find out about me. I call from the payphone, tell her I am there, and she has to make up some BS excuse to be able to go out without her man.

45 minutes and 3 phone calls later she finally makes it down. (This was typical. ) Anyway, tonight, she says, we have to go meet some friends of hers. We go to our usual dive country western bar on.. er... I think it was 10 or 11th and "A" - right accross from the park.. The friends walk in. I am suprised. Look to be decently dressed middle class white couple in their 20's. Hey, people from my own demographic! Who'd 'av thunk? They sit down, and I quickly pick up on what the deal is - couple of white kids from Upstate (Ulster County way) that go to community college. Girl has a dope habit, guy is trying to get in her pants, and is seeing Charlie tonight to try to cop for her.

Now, problem comes in: Charlie seems to honestly have convinced herself some where along the line that she and I are a bonafide couple. Nope. Not in a million years. She lives with a guy who is fucking her, she rarely bathes, and rarely puts out, even when paid. We ain't no couple. She is playing me for cash, but doesn't want to admit it to herself. I am single, have decent cash flow, play along because I am SO fucking bored with my life I just love watching her shit when I deliberately put her in situtions (like taking her to a 3-4 star resturaunt, tipping the maitre'd' a couple of benjamins to actually let us in, then watching the fireworks when she nods out in the ladies room and someone finds her...LOL)

Anyway, back to the other "couple" ... the girl starts hitting on me. The guy knows Charlie, so he knows she has a live in boyfriend, so I must just be a friend. Apparently he made the mistake of telling the girl that. She starts flirting with me. Charlie notices and get's jealous, but can't start hanging on me to mark her territory, because apparently this guy is in regular contact with her BF/SD and she doesn't want that to blow up. Oh shit. This is even more funny than usual.

So, Charlie, goes and cops her usually lame 2 bundles of stepped on all over dope, and gets extra for this girl. The two girls, the dude and I all sit in his parked car on 11th street while the two girls shoot up. We start talking more, and I realize that I actually have similar interests to this girl that is hitting on me, she is in pre-med and actually has a very good brain. She is quite hot looking. Hmmm... she exactly my type physically. I suddenly realize I want to blow this scene with her, go somewhere else and get busy.

Unfortunately she is one of those rare folks that, when on heroin, instead of mellowing out, gets wound up and paranoid. She starts freaking out, yelling that we are all going to get busted, etc, and starts crying about her habit, how she needs to clean up, or she'll never get a nice guy "like you" (meaning me) The guy with her calms her down, and we go back to the bar. She now is keeping her gaze on me nearly 100% of the time, and everything she says is directed at me. The guy is getting pissed. She suggests that Charlie and I "double date" with her some time. I say yea, then Charlie elbows me, and I realize this girl meant Charlie and her boyfriend date with her and me. Oh. Even better.

So, the guy is now REALLY pissed, and more or less drags her out. I wanted her, but figured I'd get her phone number some other time when things were not so heated.

1 week later I hear she OD'ed and died that night.

Damn. Not sure if I just saved myself the trouble of having her OD in my apt that night, or if I would have been able to keep her alive for the night had I taken her up on her advances.

Last edited:
hmmm... just re-read my post, and realized that not only was it long and rambling, but it was not clear what the "unintended" part was:

I helped out "Charlie", whom I truly despised, by not blowing her fiction that I was "just a friend", did not act on the other girl hitting on me, and the girl I actually wanted died as a result.

got more...

Got plenty more where that came from. Perhaps I should ask for my own "through the lookinglass" section?

Most of my better stories have a dark side to them. Used to be with me that if it wasn't sick, it wasn't fun. The uglier the better.

Problem is, some of the folks involved have been members of this board in the past. I have no issue embarrassing myself (hell, the email I registered with here has my real name in it!), but I don't want to blow anyone else's confidence.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Problem is, some of the folks involved have been members of this board in the past. I have no issue embarrassing myself (hell, the email I registered with here has my real name in it!), but I don't want to blow anyone else's confidence.
Just don't use their handles in the stories. I definitely want to hear more of these.

Got plenty more where that came from. Perhaps I should ask for my own "through the lookinglass" section?
Now, you got it and you deserve it.

Funny, you had just returned to this board with a couple of posts when I told you that you should write about your past experience. Of course, you have a lot to tell, way much more than I imagined then.

Keep writing... please.