2022 World Cup

Controversy and corruption are just part of the game, and this year's world cup isn't any different.

A major sporting event that takes place every 4 years, will stop the majority of the world on its tracks as 64 games determine who will lift the ultimate title in football (or soccer in the United States)

Will France become back to back champs, or are we going to see a new country win this year's final?

Feel free to discuss individual countries or make knockout stage predictions.

I haven't seen much discussion about soccer besides a couple comments about the Euros a couple years back. Soccer nerds, this is your time to shine.

I'd say Argentina, France and Brazil are pretty good for it.
Brazil have taken an interesting approach by mostly taking attacking players. Their midfield appears empty but there are few play makers in the squad that it may just shut naysayers like myself up.

France has a versatile squad but it will be interesting to see how well they do without their star midfielders from the previous world cup (Pogba & Kante out due to injuries)

Argentina always has an energetic squad lined up so I don't see them making a quick exit. With Messi getting a last go at the world cup, his teammates may put it a greater effort collectively.

Now, the UEFA region has had some major surprises and upsets in the last couple years that its trully difficult for me to say that England and Spain are stacked compared to the rest of the competition (besides France whom I believe have the most depth)

The US should be able to make it to the playoffs but time will tell. England also has some generational talent looking make a great first impression so group B will be of great interest to many people on this board if they choose to watch.

Poor Sir Alex. I guess it is sitting though. Man U was always compared to the Yankees and now they suiffer the same fate. Poor return on massive financial investment
The Glazers only care about the money they can get out of their investment. The big spending helps with their commercial revenue, for the last decade or so their earning was riding on the coat tials of previous success. The lack of silverware is not helping them on that front so it will be interesting to see how they approach spending on the next couple transfer windows.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they jumped ship and bought Liverpool but that is likely not going to happen given the price tag and the Glazers reputation.

Soccer is a bore.. it will never , and that would be never ever , compete with the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL in the good ole USA.
If the MLS had all the premier players, as in the best players, not the league, at their peak. They would beat out NBA and NHL. I also am not a fan of soccer, but I will watch it in the world cup and it in the Olympics.