2022 MLB news, topics not involving NY teams or not NY teams 2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Happen to know (2nd hand) that he's been a bit of a douche since he was 14.
It's ok to have a chip on your shoulder but at some point Grow the fuck up!
Yeah he doesn't know when to shut up.
He threw a tantrum when he was traded to the Mets who weren't in contention at the time. He thought he was going to come to the Yankees but when they didn't try for him he started bashing them.

Then there was the whole do-rag thing.

And him calling Michael Kay a racist.

billyS

Reign of Terror
That Rendon contract is not working out for the Angels. I thought it was way too much when they signed him after he had an outlier career year with the Nats.
And he still has four years of 38.5 mil left.

I think if the Angels signed Judge it would be for 40 mil for ten years and he'd get hurt the first year.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Anyone still want Robbie Ray? 4-5 4.56 ?
After a career season in his walk year he's back to who he is. But with four more years @ $25 mil a year.

Wow, he has been awful since 2020
14-31, including 9-16 last year
And he's making $23.4 this year, $24.4 next...and get this, that extra year the Yankees wouldn't give him? $35.4 in 2024!
That's an albatross for a rebuilding team.

Lol, maybe Cashman isn't as dumb we thought.
Cashman went after him hard during free agency that year. Corbin spurned the Yanks for the better offer. He was the one that got away so to speak, local boy that they thought would want to return home. Could you imagine having that contract on the books currently?

If we wanted Soto and the only way the Nationals would trade him is if we took that contract off their hands, would you do it?

I see all these bad contracts ... see our own bad gambles ... and wonder what will happen if we give Judge his 10 years and $400 mill. Will he go back to getting hurt all the time? What is that contract going to look like after 5 years when he is 35 and $200 mill left and he has missed large chuinks of a few seasons? Tough call ... glad I am not Cashman on this one. Hard to let Judge get away if he plays a full season this year and wins the MVP.

I can tell you I was 100% against HIcks' contract and Severino's too - They were a year away from free agency.

Looks like Stanton may earn his contract! He is who he is ...a very good player who when hot is unbelievably good. He is costing the Yankees like 31 mill on avg through 2027 and Yanks got $30 mill total from Miami in that deal. He will be like 37 or 38 when the contract is over. If he can stay healthy enough this may turn out to be a good deal in the end. Shocking really. I guess the question is ... if he hits 260-270 with 35-40 homers and 100 RBI - is he worth the money?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Cashman went after him hard during free agency that year. Corbin spurned the Yanks for the better offer. He was the one that got away so to speak, local boy that they thought would want to return home. Could you imagine having that contract on the books currently?

If we wanted Soto and the only way the Nationals would trade him is if we took that contract off their hands, would you do it?
No, because Soto is already talking about $400 mil. Only if we lost Judge then maybe

billyS

Reign of Terror
I see all these bad contracts ... see our own bad gambles ... and wonder what will happen if we give Judge his 10 years and $400 mill. Will he go back to getting hurt all the time? What is that contract going to look like after 5 years when he is 35 and $200 mill left and he has missed large chuinks of a few seasons? Tough call ... glad I am not Cashman on this one. Hard to let Judge get away if he plays a full season this year and wins the MVP.

I can tell you I was 100% against HIcks' contract and Severino's too - They were a year away from free agency.

Looks like Stanton may earn his contract! He is who he is ...a very good player who when hot is unbelievably good. He is costing the Yankees like 31 mill on avg through 2027 and Yanks got $30 mill total from Miami in that deal. He will be like 37 or 38 when the contract is over. If he can stay healthy enough this may turn out to be a good deal in the end. Shocking really. I guess the question is ... if he hits 260-270 with 35-40 homers and 100 RBI - is he worth the money?
In this economy yeah.
I remember that was one of the things Cashman mentioned when he made the deal, that guys like Harper and Machado were going to that or better money and things were only going to go up.

I just wish the small market teams hadn't fought so hard for the lower cap limits.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I saw an article where some teams are pissed at the A's because they were put on the list of teams getting revenue sharing money and they just pocketed it.
It is supposed to go teams in low revenue markets so they can pay players and stay competitive, but instead Oakland had a fire sale.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The A' a are horrible.
Two catcher interference in one inning.
A guy jogging on a two out double and couldn't score.

And besides the lack of talent they look raggedy.
That shade of green they were wearing last night is not the same that Sal Bando, Reggie and Catfish wore. It's actually ugly.
Their pants were baggy and wrinkled and an off grey color.

The pitchers they paraded in looked like they were hiding out in woods for years.

The team has no discipline and their is no excuse for that.

It's one thing to be bad, but when you're that bad you need to try to make up for it with hustle and play hard.

And at least try to look like a MLB team, not a Sunday beer league softball team who got their uniforms form Walmart.

The A' a are horrible.
Two catcher interference in one inning.
A guy jogging on a two out double and couldn't score.

And besides the lack of talent they look raggedy.
That shade of green they were wearing last night is not the same that Sal Bando, Reggie and Catfish wore. It's actually ugly.
Their pants were baggy and wrinkled and an off grey color.

The pitchers they paraded in looked like they were hiding out in woods for years.

The team has no discipline and their is no excuse for that.

It's one thing to be bad, but when you're that bad you need to try to make up for it with hustle and play hard.

And at least try to look like a MLB team, not a Sunday beer league softball team who got their uniforms form Walmart.
And they scored 5 runs.
Monty wasn’t good..

Nationals now offered Juan Soto 13yrs $425 mil...he said no .
That's crazy. How do you say no to that? If this was the offseason of free agency he could try to get a better deal but this is the middle of a season - he could get hurt and never be the same. How much more money can he get? Is it worth it to gamble? If I were him - I would say deal but put in an opt out - they always have them and he can then try to get a couple hundred more million! I don't know - seems crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.