2022-23 NY Knicks

He's not what you'd expect from an overall #3 pick.

None of their high draft choices have worked out over the last eight years or so.
Porzingis @ #4
Ntilkina @ #8
Knox @ # 9

You really should have gotten a star or two or franchise player at those spots.
Absolutely right, although porzingis wasn’t a bust. Barrett is getting worse. He takes threes that are air balls and isn’t even close. Tonight at the half, he is 0 for 6 from 3 and 5 for 14 from the field. He can’t shoot.
Turn over machine. Hart will be starting over him soon enough or at least Jart will be playing more minutes than Barrett.

Good win against a team they have to stay ahead of in the standings and with Miami's loss they move into the 6th seed, and will eventually pass the Nets for the 5th. Anyway, I got to go, I have a date with a cavewoman.

Barrett is getting worse. He takes threes that are air balls and isn’t even close. Tonight at the half, he is 0 for 6 from 3 and 5 for 14 from the field. He can’t shoot.
Turn over machine. Hart will be starting over him soon enough or at least Jart will be playing more minutes than Barrett.
Barrett's shooting has been brutal the past 5-6 games. Last night he was missing 3's by city blocks. He still does a good job of penetrating to the paint though.

Not sure if Hart will see the starting lineup anytime soon, he's been as good a sixth man you can possibly ask for. Grimes and Hart both played 24 minutes last night RJ, 32 minutes. If you look at last night's box score, the minutes were equally distributed outside of Brunson, RJ and Randle.

Barrett has lost all confidence in his 3pt shooting. There was a point in the game where he had a wide open 3 and instead drove to the basket. Even the announcer took note of it. I hope he spends the next 9 days working on it and gets his touch back, he's probably aiming the ball now. Make use of all those asst coaches, christ, in the old days it was just the head coach. Imagine the Knicks if he could become proficient from 3, they would be unstoppable.

Barrett has lost all confidence in his 3pt shooting. There was a point in the game where he had a wide open 3 and instead drove to the basket. Even the announcer took note of it. I hope he spends the next 9 days working on it and gets his touch back, he's probably aiming the ball now. Make use of all those asst coaches, christ, in the old days it was just the head coach. Imagine the Knicks if he could become proficient from 3, they would be unstoppable.
If you are correct and he lost confidence, then he needs to gain it back in practice or the G league. Not here. He air balls are embarrassing.

Barrett's shooting has been brutal the past 5-6 games. Last night he was missing 3's by city blocks. He still does a good job of penetrating to the paint though.

Not sure if Hart will see the starting lineup anytime soon, he's been as good a sixth man you can possibly ask for. Grimes and Hart both played 24 minutes last night RJ, 32 minutes. If you look at last night's box score, the minutes were equally distributed outside of Brunson, RJ and Randle.
You mention his driving to the basket, he almost gets there at will, and he is strong so he gets there. One problem. He is not missing those layups. It’s incredible.

What is interesting about this run is the emergence of Immanuel Quickley who had a huge game last night. Quickley and Hart have been on the court the final six minutes of many of the last six games, excluding blowouts. Quickley has been a potent third option at crunch time and currently, may be the best sixth man in the league as this is by far his best season as a Knick. Having him on the court takes pressure off Brunson and Julius to score late in games. And he plays great defense.

MItchell Robinson's return has really improved this team. What a beast!

I expect the Knicks will continue to thrive as their offense uses their many options. Imagine if RJ turns his game around? I'm starting to believe that the Knicks can go deep in the eastern conference finals. I'm hopeful that we can catch Cleveland for the #4 spot, they're only two behind the loss column.

On to the struggling Nets tomorrow night!

Good win last night against the Celtics. Thought the Knicks could have played better. With all the assistant coaches they have, could one of them teach Mitchell Robinson how to shoot free throws before it costs us some games. What is so hard about putting some arc on the ball. Just shoot them for an hour or two and develope some touch, it's not hard.

Good win last night against the Celtics. Thought the Knicks could have played better. With all the assistant coaches they have, could one of them teach Mitchell Robinson how to shoot free throws before it costs us some games. What is so hard about putting some arc on the ball. Just shoot them for an hour or two and develope some touch, it's not hard.
Barrett is terrible. And just think. We could of had Donavan Mitchell if we would have included him. He is getting worse by the day.

Barrett is terrible. And just think. We could of had Donavan Mitchell if we would have included him. He is getting worse by the day.
I don't dispute that Mitchell is a great player, however it is not clear what the additional cost was. The Jazz wanted a few of the younger players and a boatload of draft picks in addition to RJ.

Also, would the duo of Mitchell and Brunson produce the same or better outcome of this year's current results? Would Randle be as productive with Mitchell as a teammate?

RJ has been terrible since coming back from the injury. (and really most of the season) I still have faith that he will return to form. Fortunately for us, other guys are stepping up in his place.

I don't dispute that Mitchell is a great player, however it is not clear what the additional cost was. The Jazz wanted a few of the younger players and a boatload of draft picks in addition to RJ.

Also, would the duo of Mitchell and Brunson produce the same or better outcome of this year's current results? Would Randle be as productive with Mitchell as a teammate?

RJ has been terrible since coming back from the injury. (and really most of the season) I still have faith that he will return to form. Fortunately for us, other guys are stepping up in his place.
What I like about this squad is they get contributions from everyone. They're pretty deep and don't rely on a top 3 type of foundation.
Barrett is still too young and has a ton of upside. Hindsight is 20/20 with Mitchell, on paper it makes the team look a lot sexier, but you can't always assume that the chemistry would be there.

Lets see if they can carry it over and beat a very beatable Nets team tonight.
Knicks are starting to gel and coaching has been best it has been in decades.
LGK!!

What I like about this squad is they get contributions from everyone.

Lets see if they can carry it over and beat a very beatable Nets team tonight.

Knicks are starting to gel and coaching has been best it has been in decades.
LGK!!
Watched the Nets last night and they were awful in the second half. That should favor the Knicks tonight with the Nets having no rest between games.

I was extremely critical of Thibs earlier in the season, but you’re right he’s really turned things around. This team knows how to close out games now. Less isolation for Brunson and Randle who would get in trouble when double teamed.

I agree with everything you said except for RJ. Can’t shoot. I think even he now knows, he is not good and lost confidence in himself which isn’t a good thing .

Sunday is the barometer. Boston should be at full strength and looking to blow the Knicks out after losing two straight. If the Knicks win or lose by a few I think they can go deep into the playoffs.

I agree with everything you said except for RJ. Can’t shoot. I think even he now knows, he is not good and lost confidence in himself which isn’t a good thing .
His minutes have been seriously cut lately. At crunch time, Quickley and Hart have been on the floor replacing Grimes and RJ. Grimes will only get better. Not sure about RJ who only played 26 minutes last night.