2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not get too excited over sweeping a Triple A team over the weekend. Lets see how they come out against Houston - They should be PISSED OFF and kick the crap out of this squad for the cheating and thievery that they practiced and was allowed. NOT 1 player was punished for all that. Only rewarded.

Watching over the weekend, they still struggled to get clutch hits with RISP. A LOT!

GREAT game last night! The crowd was great! Boy do I want to punch Bregman in the face! After he hit the home run he was all defiant ... like he was vindicated in some way. YOu cheated dude ..... the only person you should be angry with ... is yourself.

Stanton is really hitting up a storm. He is really earning his money now. It would be fantastic if he can stay healthy all year and keep this up. Hicks sucks .... Frazier sucks (and I think it has now become mental) .... Judge had some god awful at bats last night. Sorry to see Odor get hurt. I know his average is low but this guy has definitely helped this team win.

Let's not forget we have Voit, Britton and Severino coming back this year. That's three HUGE additions. Funny how things can turn around. Let's keep it up and keep heading in the right direction.

GREAT game last night! The crowd was great! Boy do I want to punch Bregman in the face! After he hit the home run he was all defiant ... like he was vindicated in some way. YOu cheated dude ..... the only person you should be angry with ... is yourself.

Stanton is really hitting up a storm. He is really earning his money now. It would be fantastic if he can stay healthy all year and keep this up. Hicks sucks .... Frazier sucks (and I think it has now become mental) .... Judge had some god awful at bats last night. Sorry to see Odor get hurt. I know his average is low but this guy has definitely helped this team win.

Let's not forget we have Voit, Britton and Severino coming back this year. That's three HUGE additions. Funny how things can turn around. Let's keep it up and keep heading in the right direction.
Stanton has been really good in the 2 spot, hope it continues. They're a different team when he hits consistently.
I defended Hicks forever, time to let go. He seems totally unplugged from playing, platoon him with Gardy. Lefty/Righty - Hicks much better from the right side.

Frazier is a head scratcher, so disappointing to see him struggle like he is.
Urshela looked good at SS last night.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I thought Frazier was going to change that shitty stance of his. I hate seeing that left heel up in the air. I know when the pitch is on it's way he moves it but I still don't like it.
Me neither. He just looks uncomfortable.
Same thing with Wade. His swing is so complicated no wonder he can't hit.
It's a shame because all of his other skills are strong.
I don't know why someone just doesn't grab him and say "look, this isn't working, you need to simplify your swing".

Me neither. He just looks uncomfortable.
Same thing with Wade. His swing is so complicated no wonder he can't hit.
It's a shame because all of his other skills are strong.
I don't know why someone just doesn't grab him and say "look, this isn't working, you need to simplify your swing".
Did he change it from last year? Why would he change it after the success he had last year? It definitely looks awkward.

I think they shoudl have let Cole pitch the 8th. He was only at 97 pitches. He is young and a stud. He can throw 120 pitches and be fine. They shoudl have let him start the 8th and if he gave up anything then bring in a reliever. The pen has been good this year but I wanted Cole on the hill.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think they shoudl have let Cole pitch the 8th. He was only at 97 pitches. He is young and a stud. He can throw 120 pitches and be fine. They shoudl have let him start the 8th and if he gave up anything then bring in a reliever. The pen has been good this year but I wanted Cole on the hill.
Hindsight is always 20-20

Of course ..... but I am sure I have posted before about letting the starters go deeper in games .... I get it - nobody is going to throw 300 innings again ... but the top starters in the league should not be limited to 100 pitches or twice through a lineup. Cole is one of those guys. If he was at 110 pitches going into the 9th with a one run lead and Chapman ready for the 9th ... I would have been fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.