2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year there were rumors that Baltimore was looking to trade him. Maybe looking for a big haul of prospects. He is really good and I would LOVE to have him as our centerfielder but I would be surprised if they moved him and especially to a divisional rival.
They are so bad that if you gave them the right package of young developing players, I'm sure they would at the very least be interested.

Could you imagine the top of the Yankees lineup with any 2 of the following 3 players.

Merrifield - 2B
Mullins - CF
Marte - LF

The "NEW" MnM boys!

Speed, Power, and GREAT defense.

A fan can dream,.....

billyS

Reign of Terror
Could you imagine the top of the Yankees lineup with any 2 of the following 3 players.

Merrifield - 2B
Mullins - CF
Marte - LF

The "NEW" MnM boys!

Speed, Power, and GREAT defense.

A fan can dream,.....
I love Merrifield but since we already have two second baseman probably won't happen. Although KC has used him in the outfield.

Mullins I've said before I'd love to get him. He seems to be hitting his peak.

Marte will be 33 next year, about the age guys start dropping off. Especially guys who rely on speed as a big part of their game.

I love Merrifield but since we already have two second baseman probably won't happen. Although KC has used him in the outfield.

Mullins I've said before I'd love to get him. He seems to be hitting his peak.

Marte will be 33 next year, about the age guys start dropping off. Especially guys who rely on speed as a big part of their game.
I read an article on Marte a few days ago, they make mention how he has actually gotten better in his thirties. The one thing that stuck out the most was how his strikeout rate has declined every year since his rookie year. Here is a part of the article:

Marte swiped 47 bases in 2021 between Oakland and Miami, electrifying both cities in the process. His career-high in strikeouts? 138 in his first full season at the age of 23, a number that declined year over year until inching below 100. This season, in his career-best year? Marte struck out only 99 times.

That’s a hefty addition. He’s the best center fielder on the market by a wide margin. As of now, though, we’re early enough in the offseason that nothing can be ruled out in the realm of athleticism and contact-making.

I detest Hicks but he is owed like another $50 mill over 5 more years I think. You would have to pay half OR MORE to get someone to take him off our hands. I don't think Cashman will do that. Besides Cashman absolutely LOVES Hicks and it isn't even up to Boone as to who plays where. I can almost guarantee Hicks is back in CF. I would take literally ANYBODY over Hicks.

He has 4 years/40 million left, I think there are a few teams out there that would take a flier on him if the Yankees kicked in 10-15 million.

I think he is a solid switch hitting 4th outfielder off the bench if he stays. Cashman is out of his mind if he thinks that guy can be relied on yet again to stay healthy and be productive. He got paid, he's content.

I was listening to one of the many Yankee podcasts on YouTube. Bunch of the usual stuff that we are aware of, but the one that surprised me was that Cashman is not high on Rizzo which was a surprise. It that is the case, and a trade for Olson falls through, I expect DJ will be the first baseman.

Read an article today on a spat between Cole and Gardner that writer says kind of divided the clubhouse. Apparently Gardner smeared pine tar all over his cap and was referencing spider tek directing it at Cole in an attempt to make him laugh. Article claims Cole got in Gardners face and screamed at him, he later apologized to Garnder.

Interesting because a lot was written in this thread about how something was missing in terms of comrodery and cohesion with this group. Maybe that had something to do with it, the writer thinks so.

A "family member" leaked out to the press that Rizzo really wants to come back to the Yankees. 3 years 60 million ? I can't see paying much more, not in his age 35-36.

A "family member" leaked out to the press that Rizzo really wants to come back to the Yankees. 3 years 60 million ? I can't see paying much more, not in his age 35-36.
I love Rizzo but he's not an immediate priority. Shortstop, starting pitching and extending Judge are more important than first base in my opinion. You have DJ to play first if all else fails. I hate that Rizzo most likely will go to Boston, but I would rather see Correa or Seager and Kevin Gausman signed before Rizzo.

I love Rizzo but he's not an immediate priority. Shortstop, starting pitching and extending Judge are more important than first base in my opinion. You have DJ to play first if all else fails. I hate that Rizzo most likely will go to Boston, but I would rather see Correa or Seager and Kevin Gausman signed before Rizzo.
Respectfully, I have to disagree with you a bit. For me, its Seager or Semien, I can't stand the site of Correa's face. I couldn't root for that guy, ever. He doesn't deserve to wear a Yankee uniform.

Gausman I am VERy weary of. He never was productive when he pitched in the AL East with the O's. He goes to an extreme pitchers park and finds success. I don't think he is a good fit at Yankee Stadium or in a really tough AL East.

I agree with you on Rizzo, would be nice to have him, but C, SS, CF all need to be addressed. They need to also figure out a solution for LF and even 3B for me isn't what it needs to be.

Respectfully, I have to disagree with you a bit. For me, its Seager or Semien, I can't stand the site of Correa's face. I couldn't root for that guy, ever. He doesn't deserve to wear a Yankee uniform.

Gausman I am VERy weary of. He never was productive when he pitched in the AL East with the O's. He goes to an extreme pitchers park and finds success. I don't think he is a good fit at Yankee Stadium or in a really tough AL East.

I agree with you on Rizzo, would be nice to have him, but C, SS, CF all need to be addressed. They need to also figure out a solution for LF and even 3B for me isn't what it needs to be.
He's a lefty. So we kinda need him too.

Rizzo is not that good any more ... older and quite frankly after his first couple of weeks he wasn't hitting. Plus he is going to want a lot of money that he isn't worth. PASS!

billyS

Reign of Terror

You're going to be disappointed.
A team that won 92 games, had a winning record against both teams in the World Series and is already against a self imposed cap isn't going to change five positions.
Especially not with what you are looking for

I get your point, but the guy is a winner and comes from a winning environment. The Yankees need guys like Correa. I scratch my head wondering how Houston is back to the WS without Verlander and Cole. Hey, I can’t stand Houston, but that team has balls.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I get your point, but the guy is a winner and comes from a winning environment. The Yankees need guys like Correa. I scratch my head wondering how Houston is back to the WS without Verlander and Cole. Hey, I can’t stand Houston, but that team has balls.
They have a sick lineup. Very balanced and poised.
They know what it takes to win, and that helps a lot.

They did cheat those years and that helped them get the experience they needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.