2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Base would be an issue if we were stuck with Voit at first/ IL next season
I don't think Voit is on the team in 2022. Trotting him out to 1b again, risking injury along with the subpar defense he plays, would piss a lot of fans off. It doesn't work with him at 1b.

Anyone see the comments Pete Rose made about Gallo and his inability to hit? Something to the affect of "Ray Charles could make more contact!" Kind of funny, I am not a Pete Rose supporter, but thought the comment was funny and pretty indicative of how Gallo is not only perceived by fans but also a former all star player.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I don't think Voit is on the team in 2022. Trotting him out to 1b again, risking injury along with the subpar defense he plays, would piss a lot of fans off. It doesn't work with him at 1b.

Anyone see the comments Pete Rose made about Gallo and his inability to hit? Something to the affect of "Ray Charles could make more contact!" Kind of funny, I am not a Pete Rose supporter, but thought the comment was funny and pretty indicative of how Gallo is not only perceived by fans but also a former all star player.
Not sure why Texas never tried to have him change his approach.

I guess they are all in on this "three true outcome" bullshit. No wonder they keep finishing last.

On the plus side. He’s not terrible in left.
Also I believe he can play some other positions including 3rd base.
he’s not a 300 hitter but I think he’s better than what he put up this year just like most of the other lineup.
Besides, He still has a year on his deal and is making less than hicks and is better than Frazier

billyS

Reign of Terror
On the plus side. He’s not terrible in left.
Also I believe he can play some other positions including 3rd base.
he’s not a 300 hitter but I think he’s better than what he put up this year just like most of the other lineup.
Besides, He still has a year on his deal and is making less than hicks and is better than Frazier
I agree he has plenty of upside. I can see why he won a Gold Glove and his arm is a weapon.
The fact that he strikes out so much means he doesn't hit into double plays.

But he can't be your number four hitter unless he changes his approach.
Otherwise he's a very dangerous bottom third of the order guy.

I agree he has plenty of upside. I can see why he won a Gold Glove and his arm is a weapon.
The fact that he strikes out so much means he doesn't hit into double plays.

But he can't be your number four hitter unless he changes his approach.
Otherwise he's a very dangerous bottom third of the order guy.
He's Richie Sexon / Russell Branyon all mixed in with a little Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia, with a hint of Odor.

He can't get it done in NY, when he only been here 3 months and there are whispers its in between his ears, its time to cut bait. Cashman waited way too long on Grey turning it around and we got humped in that deal with Cincy.

Kaprelian looks nice since he has found health.

This front office sucks. Read that for the Wild Card game, there were 30 people in the front office who put together the lineup.

If you can't trust your manager to manage, WTF are you doing? This isn't rocket science.

And those 30 big brains settled on Gallo batting cleanup for that game. Unbelievable.

This front office sucks. Read that for the Wild Card game, there were 30 people in the front office who put together the lineup.

If you can't trust your manager to manage, WTF are you doing? This isn't rocket science.

And those 30 big brains settled on Gallo batting cleanup for that game. Unbelievable.
Not to stick up the those Yanks, but it seem like that is how most of the teams work these days. I remember, Steve, and a few other Yanks fans, going crazy that Cashman runs the team and makes out the lineup every day, but the more you read, because of analytics, it a joint effort , like you said, but most, if not all do it. Maybe thats why a Showalter, who I love , just wouldnt work out anymore. They dont make instinctive baseball decisions anymore. its all computer generated decisions. I hate it.

Not to stick up the those Yanks, but it seem like that is how most of the teams work these days. I remember, Steve, and a few other Yanks fans, going crazy that Cashman runs the team and makes out the lineup every day, but the more you read, because of analytics, it a joint effort , like you said, but most, if not all do it. Maybe thats why a Showalter, who I love , just wouldnt work out anymore. They dont make instinctive baseball decisions anymore. its all computer generated decisions. I hate it.
I hate it too!
I think Showalter is EXACTLY what the Yankees need.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And when are they going to realize this shit doesn't work?
The next smart team will be the one that doesn't pay as much attention to analytics.

I would move Torres and others for Olsen in a snap.
I prefer DJ at 2B compared to any other position.

BillyS, brings up some good points about Seager and the injuries/dip in power. For me, it's Semien for 3 years to bring along Volpe/Oswaldo.

Can't sign Rizzo for more than 4 years IMO, 4 years/80 million minimum for him on this market. Not sure Yankees can have 2 guys at 36 years old making 36 million combined a year in their infield at end of those contract for DJ and Rizzo. If Belt cost less, I would consider him. But 1B too me isn't the pressing issue. It's C, SS, CF, (LF/3B), #2 Starter
Semien is going to a minimum of six years, no?

billyS

Reign of Terror
He was looking for a 3 year deal last year, but only got the 1 year deal. He's 31, I can't see more then 4 years tops. Maybe he takes 3 with a higher average salary per year.
Plus he shot his wod this year. You really think he's going to hit 45 homers again?

The advantage Toronto has is that most of their stars aren't even eligible for arbitration yet. They could give Semien a little extra over three years and that will coincide when these other guys are due big money.

Plus he shot his wod this year. You really think he's going to hit 45 homers again?

The advantage Toronto has is that most of their stars aren't even eligible for arbitration yet. They could give Semien a little extra over three years and that will coincide when these other guys are due big money.
Agreed he peaked last year.
He made 18 million last year, have too think some team will offer him 22-23 million per year, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.