2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Odor has played the past few weeks, getting Story doesn’t make sense to me in the short term.
I want NO part of story, in fact if you look at his numbers they are pretty similar to Odor's. If the latter could just hit 250-260 he could become a solid player overall.

I don't think SS is a glaring need, certainly not ahead of CF, LF, and maybe a bullpen piece. Unless of course we really are talking to the Nats about Turner - That kid is phenomenal!

Stanton is lost, a pitcher could roll the ball to the plate and he would swing at it. It's all between the ears with this guy, has been since he came to NY. I don't know how he hit 59 hrs in a season watching him play, I don't know how he managed to play enough games to hit 59 hrs in a season.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Starling Marte to A's. He would've been a nice add.
A's gave up a pitcher ranked higher than either Devi or Schmidt. So the Yankees didn't have a chance.

But it's odd seeing these so-called small market teams making moves, Reds, A's and Rays and the Yankees hamstrung by the Luxury Tax limit.
I guess this is what most of the country wants to see.

Just don't bitch about payroll if the Yankees start winning again.

A's gave up a pitcher ranked higher than either Devi or Schmidt. So the Yankees didn't have a chance.

But it's odd seeing these so-called small market teams making moves, Reds, A's and Rays and the Yankees hamstrung by thwsnt e Luxury Tax limit.
I guess this is what most of the country wants to see.

Just don't bitch about payroll if the Yankees start winning again.
I don't care about payroll, it's not my money. I just want them to win.

No I'm talking about fans of small market teams, writers, sometimes even Mets fans who accuse the Yankees of buying the WS
I would be the last Mets fan to knock the Yanks for trying to buy a World series. I respected them for that. Other teams could have tried that, but win or loose, the Yanks put the money up to try to win. Only a small market team would knock it. I always respected the hell out of that. Plus, the term " trying to buy a WS " isnt a bad term, as much as low budget teams and their fans want to make it out as such.

Just to clarify a MAJOR point. This most recent Yankee dynasty was not "BOUGHT". This was a dynasty built on the backs of home grown Yankees. We traded for and signed a couple of additional players .... and we used money to extend and retain our own players ... but please ... don't insinuate or try to think that They won from buying the best players. Every team that wins has some free agents .. some more than others. The Yankee Dynasty was built on the backs of home grown talent. Bernie, Jeter, Posada, Pettite, Mariano, etc. We traded for Brosius, Tino, Jeff Nelson, O'Neil, Clemens, Knoblauch. Free Agents (bought players) - Cone. Who else ... Wetland? Not sure.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just to clarify a MAJOR point. This most recent Yankee dynasty was not "BOUGHT". This was a dynasty built on the backs of home grown Yankees. We traded for and signed a couple of additional players .... and we used money to extend and retain our own players ... but please ... don't insinuate or try to think that They won from buying the best players. Every team that wins has some free agents .. some more than others. The Yankee Dynasty was built on the backs of home grown talent. Bernie, Jeter, Posada, Pettite, Mariano, etc. We traded for Brosius, Tino, Jeff Nelson, O'Neil, Clemens, Knoblauch. Free Agents (bought players) - Cone. Who else ... Wetland? Not sure.
Cone and Wetteland were both aquirred via trades. Cone mid-season from Toronto, Wetteland that spring from Montreal.

Jimmy Key, Boggs, David Wells, Chilli Davis, Daryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden were Free Agents.

Cone and Wetteland were both aquirred via trades. Cone mid-season from Toronto, Wetteland that spring from Montreal.

Jimmy Key, Boggs, David Wells, Chilli Davis, Daryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden were Free Agents.
Those were some pretty good player there, you just mentioned.

I dont think anyone said they " Bought" a WS. I think everyone realizes what you said. Someone just posted something about them Buying a WS... They were talking in General, not that Yank team. And if they decided to try to buy a WS next year? More power to them. Good for them, for wanting to win so bad. Thats a good thing. That was my point. It was a positive not a negative about the Yanks.

Yeah - Gallo is not my idea of the perfect player that we need but instead of LaMarre/Andujar/Frazier and the new flavor of the week - we have a solid producer who can actually field. He will definitely help. We had a ton of players who were supposed to be very good: Andujar, Frazier, Voit, Hicks, Torres - they all fell flat on their faces - either due to ineffectiveness or injury. Gallo is healthy and will produce. He will help. However - in the offseason if there is an outfielder out there more to my liking then I would not mind if they traded Gallo out of here. for right now - I will take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.