2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course ..... but I am sure I have posted before about letting the starters go deeper in games .... I get it - nobody is going to throw 300 innings again ... but the top starters in the league should not be limited to 100 pitches or twice through a lineup. Cole is one of those guys. If he was at 110 pitches going into the 9th with a one run lead and Chapman ready for the 9th ... I would have been fine with it.
I hear what you are saying and I agree, however, I think some of these managers, are just terrified, of leaving in one of the top pitchers in the game too long. It is safer to take him out. I think they are scared, what may happen....

Yeah, no team is going to leave a high dollar stud starter in the game after 7 innings with 97 pitches early in the season when they have a lights-out bullpen - if Green did what he does every other game we wouldn't even be thinking about it. Post season or playoff race must win game late in the season, then depending on the score probably let him stay in til he gives up a run or a baserunner.

Judge has struck out 12 of his last 18 at bats, in a 1-20 slump. Looks awful at the plate.

That 8th inning last night was some of the worst baseball I have seen in my life. Still not hitting at all situationally. Again, only runs scored were on home runs, 5 hits total.

I think they need a HUGE WTF moment, just not carrying over any momentum. I would love to see Buck come back and turn this team around. They aren't kids anymore, this is a veteran team. I think they need a change of leadership, Boone's approach isn't working.

I know its only 1 loss, but the same problems are still there. The message isn't being heard, or its being ignored. Team needs to be shaken up. Maybe its time for Cashman to make a few moves, change the energy and lose some of this dead weight in the lineup (Hicks, Frazier, Sanchez, Torres)

I think they need a HUGE WTF moment, just not carrying over any momentum. I would love to see Buck come back and turn this team around. They aren't kids anymore, this is a veteran team. I think they need a change of leadership, Boone's approach isn't working.

I know its only 1 loss, but the same problems are still there. The message isn't being heard, or its being ignored. Team needs to be shaken up. Maybe its time for Cashman to make a few moves, change the energy and lose some of this dead weight in the lineup (Hicks, Frazier, Sanchez, Torres)
I agree the past two losses were not pretty. I'm glad that Andujar has been called up. I hope he stays healthy and is able to contribute.

I've calmed down a bit. It's a long season with some studs returning soon. If we're under .500 at the end of May, we should be concerned but there are positives as well. Both Kluber and Taillon appear to be huge upgrades from Masa and Paxton, the latter having TJ surgery. Stanton has looked like Herman Munster in the episode when he tried out for the Dodgers.

Here's a concerning stat - Gleyber Torres hit 38 home runs in 2019. (144 games) Slugging percentage - .535

2020 - 42 games he hit 3. Slugging percentage - .368

2021 - 30 games - 0. Slugging percentage - .279

Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.