2020 Yankees

Baseball players are being told to go home by MLB. Loved that the Yankees voted as a team to stay in Tampa, but it appears that's not being allowed.

With the indefinite absence of baseball and the knowledge that the season may not start until the end of May, I think this may be a bit of a blessing in disguise. We have a couple of guys battling injuries so this gives them time to heal and get ready.

Still curious what happened to that report on the Red Sox cheating scandal that's been getting delayed more than a flight out of LGA.

I don't know ... maybe no baseball in 2020. If there is .. I would go with a half season. July 1st may be accurate. This virus has to bottom out and then they restart spring training.

In the car tonight and was listening to Chris Carlin o ESPN. Basically his whole show was his opinion that Judge and Stanton are essentially the same player ( besides the $$). Made some decent points...what do you guys think?

billyS

Reign of Terror
In the car tonight and was listening to Chris Carlin o ESPN. Basically his whole show was his opinion that Judge and Stanton are essentially the same player ( besides the $$). Made some decent points...what do you guys think?
From what I've seen Judge is better defensively, but yeah, the same player.

We haven't seen much of Stanton to have an opinion.
Stanton’s 2018 season was a pretty good indicator for me. At times during the season he carried the team on his back. He struck out nearly a third of the time, the highest rate in his career. If he can stay healthy, a big if, I would sign up for his 2018 season for the next few years.

From what I've seen Judge is better defensively, but yeah, the same player.
No arguing that both are sluggers who strike out a lot and are injury prone. Judge is still young and if he can find a way to stay healthy, I’d bet that his contact rate improves. It seemed like a good percentage of his K’S were called third strikes last season.

I think that's a bored radio host with nothing else to talk about. I'm not sure what his point is. Having two large dudes capable of hitting 50 HRs on your team is somehow a negative?