2020 Yankees

I don't recall them making a story out of it - that he flew planes. I think it is ridiculous how these guys all seem to hop on small planes all the time and fly when they aren't supposed to.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thinking about Kobe Bryant I have to think that many of you Yankee fans today thought about Thurman Munson.
I know I did. I learned today that Mercer would never go into Munsons plane because he thought it was just too much plane for him to handle. I remember when I heard of Munson death. I was shocked and very sad. I think because of his toughness, He would have been one of the last guys I thought that would happen to. I was in Middle School. I dont even think that, at that time, Munson flew planes. I assume, most you older fans, knew that Munson flew? Was it really out there that he did fly?
Yes it was out there.
He wanted to spend more time with his family in Ohio and even asked to be traded to the Indians or Reds.
Of course they wouldn't trade their captian so he took flying lessons and would fly home on off days.

Yes it was out there.
He wanted to spend more time with his family in Ohio and even asked to be traded to the Indians or Reds.
Of course they wouldn't trade their captian so he took flying lessons and would fly home on off days.
I remember how the Fans loved him. Not many Yank fans, I have heard say, yea, I wasnt a big Munson fan. I wonder if Munsons family were ever upset that The Yanks didnt trade him after he requested that. He would have never been up there.

Which Yankee do you guys think bounces back the BIGGEST in 2020?

1.) Jo-Anne Carlo
2.) Andujar
3.) Frazier
4.) Voit
5.) Happ
6.) Severino

Personally, I think Andujar is going to absolutely rake after his first 80 at bats. If the baseballs aren't juiced I could see Happ being pretty solid as a 5th starter. I hope Severino is healthy, if so, I think he will be a BEAST.

And both can win over 90 games even if they don't win the east.
If all goes wrong for Yanks, they still win over 90 games, so I agree. Tampa is good, but Boston , I think will have issues and just not be that good. Of coarse if Boston is the regular Boston, then I take away they are the worse division.

The Nats are good ..... so are the Braves ... but who else is good in the NL East? The Phillies? I will believe it when I see it. The Marlns suck, The Mets???? They are a 500 team. Plus the NL overall is a weaker league. The AL East had 3 teams over 500. Plus Toronto is chock full of good young players. Baltimore is bad but Toronto is every bit as good if not better than the Mets. Sorry LW ... but your premise that the AL East as being the worst division in baseball is just way off.

Boston could implode and be sellers, but they have a lot of talent on that team, and the best player in the division (Betts).

Tampa just went to the playoffs and should be competitive next year. Toronto has some really good young players and while they probably won't be contending, should be improved from last year. The Orioles are an AAAA team but the rest of the division is solid.

NL Central is full of a lot of mediocre to slightly above average teams. I'd look either there or the NL East for worst division in baseball.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree. For once, their division is weak and maybe the worse in baseball. Last time that happened, had to be like the 70's maybe?
The weakest division is the AL Central.
Minnesota is a beast especially after adding Donaldson. Chisox are much improved but the Tribe is heading in the wrong direction and Detroit and Kansas City are among the worst teams in baseball.

The Nats are good ..... so are the Braves ... but who else is good in the NL East? The Phillies? I will believe it when I see it. The Marlns suck, The Mets???? They are a 500 team. Plus the NL overall is a weaker league. The AL East had 3 teams over 500. Plus Toronto is chock full of good young players. Baltimore is bad but Toronto is every bit as good if not better than the Mets. Sorry LW ... but your premise that the AL East as being the worst division in baseball is just way off.
I will give you, you know your yankees. But thats about the extent of your baseball knowledge...lol

With Kris Bryant losing his grievance against the Cubs, the rumor mill is in full swing about Chicago potentially dealing him this off season, and teams from around the league are thought to be a possible landing spot for him.

So Yankee fans: Are you for taking on Bryant to solidify the 3B position? If so, what are you comfortable giving up to get him?