2020 Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely true, he did get Lindor and now he has a clear path to sign him to a record breaking deal.
I'd rather have Lindor then any of those three.

But that said now Frankie knows he has the hammer and the Mets have to sign him.
He will hold out for Betts type money.
They won’t mind paying him. He’s going to sell a lot of Jerseys and put a lot of asses in the seats.

The Dodgers will regret this.

I said back in December - (I believe post 218) that after all this talk that Cohen had best sign two out of the big three Free Agents ... Bauer, Realmuto and Springer. Cohen after running his mouth whiffed on all three and was outbid by three different teams. I will agree that Springer and Bauer were WAAAAAY overpaid for ... but Cohen had to put his money where his mouth was ... he failed. He was supposed to make a statement. He came up empty. If I were a Met fan I would be pissed off.
Glad you are not a Met fan. He has owned the mets for a few hours basically.

Nope LW - It has been an entire offseason. He gets a failing grade.
All kidding aside, Bauer was never coming. i always thought he was going home to Cal.
Hand, would have been really great but he took less money to close. Springer was such a good match, if you were going to over pay, I guess thats the guy. Realmuto, Mets could not take a chance on not getting one of the 2 catchers, so thats a real good move. Lindor was huge.
But Steve, Cohen was ready to spend whatever. It was Alderson that Didnt get it done. Mets had a really really good off season. Springer would have made it great.

Agreed, Springer was PERFECT for the Mets!
Bauer is a douche and its one less headache they don't need.

But they need a little something something more to make this a better offseason.

I like the McCann signing, but lets not forget this guy hasn't been an offensive juggernaut his entire career, only the last 1.5 seasons. He could end up being a 220 hitting dead spot with 10 home runs batting 8th. So a better average then Gary Sanchez with 10 less home runs, not pretty.

Springer was the White Whale that got away, and to Toronto! Ugh.

Sign Rosenthal, Walker, Trade for Story and have him play 3b. Thats how you WIN!

Right now as it stands that second wild card comes out of the AL East - Its between Mets, Nats, and Phillies. I don't think Mets pitching stacks up against Nats staff. I think Nats hitting is a little less than the Mets, while the Phillies hitting is best of both, but they're pitching is worst of the bunch - by far.

All kidding aside, Bauer was never coming. i always thought he was going home to Cal.
Hand, would have been really great but he took less money to close. Springer was such a good match, if you were going to over pay, I guess thats the guy. Realmuto, Mets could not take a chance on not getting one of the 2 catchers, so thats a real good move. Lindor was huge.
But Steve, Cohen was ready to spend whatever. It was Alderson that Didnt get it done. Mets had a really really good off season. Springer would have made it great.
I Agree you can’t spend for the sake of spending money.

Agreed, Springer was PERFECT for the Mets!
Bauer is a douche and its one less headache they don't need.

But they need a little something something more to make this a better offseason.

I like the McCann signing, but lets not forget this guy hasn't been an offensive juggernaut his entire career, only the last 1.5 seasons. He could end up being a 220 hitting dead spot with 10 home runs batting 8th. So a better average then Gary Sanchez with 10 less home runs, not pretty.

Springer was the White Whale that got away, and to Toronto! Ugh.

Sign Rosenthal, Walker, Trade for Story and have him play 3b. Thats how you WIN!

Right now as it stands that second wild card comes out of the AL East - Its between Mets, Nats, and Phillies. I don't think Mets pitching stacks up against Nats staff. I think Nats hitting is a little less than the Mets, while the Phillies hitting is best of both, but they're pitching is worst of the bunch - by far.
Couldnt agree more.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Kevin Pillar is one of THOSE players. He hits 500 vs the Yankees and 200 vs everybody else.
Exactly. I can't stand that guy. I remember him showing up Betances once. Now they are on the same team.

Pillar is a good, or at least when he was younger, defensive player who can't hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.