2020 Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe freeing up $$ to make a move?
you would think. I am wondering if Cohen is telling Sandy to go get Bauer? I think they are surprised they didnt get springer. Probably not. I dont think Cohen will do that. Supposedly, all Cohen said was to spend like a big market team. I think Bauer is more important however, because we didnt get Springer or Hand. Hand would have been big. Supposedly mets offered 2 years with no promises that he can close where nationals promised him their closer role. I get that, but there had to be something, money wise, that could have or should have gotten it done. The guy is one of the best relievers. Just venting.

I don't think he is worth it. If they give him that money then they wil have nothing left to get anybody else next year. I wouldn't want to have that much money dedicated in this guy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Trevor Bauer signing down to 2 teams Mets and Dodgers...Mets offer is supposedly 3 yrs $100 million..
I think he takes it !
I'm surprised the Angels aren't going harder for him. They need a stud pitcher worse than the Mets and Dodgers.
In the case of those two teams it's just a case of the rich getting richer as far as pitching goes.

Another thought, I really don't see why the Dodgers would be interested in spending that much money on a pitcher.

They already have two mega contracts in Betts and Kershaw. They are going to have to pay Seager this off season if they want to keep him and eventually Bellinger.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Total jerk off who had 1.5 good seasons.

Not trying to beat up on the Mets, I like the moves they made. But they failed to sign ANY of the top free agents, is it same old Mets?
Are they done? Do they spring for another bullpen piece like Rosenthal or starter like Odorizzi?

I said back in December - (I believe post 218) that after all this talk that Cohen had best sign two out of the big three Free Agents ... Bauer, Realmuto and Springer. Cohen after running his mouth whiffed on all three and was outbid by three different teams. I will agree that Springer and Bauer were WAAAAAY overpaid for ... but Cohen had to put his money where his mouth was ... he failed. He was supposed to make a statement. He came up empty. If I were a Met fan I would be pissed off.

how the hell can the Dodgers give this guy $85 mill for 2 years???? No way he opts out after the first year. I bet he doesn't opt out after the 2nd year. I think his salary is like $20 mill for the third year. After 2 years of his 4.00 ERA nobody will want to give him more than $20 mill.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I said back in December - (I believe post 218) that after all this talk that Cohen had best sign two out of the big three Free Agents ... Bauer, Realmuto and Springer. Cohen after running his mouth whiffed on all three and was outbid by three different teams. I will agree that Springer and Bauer were WAAAAAY overpaid for ... but Cohen had to put his money where his mouth was ... he failed. He was supposed to make a statement. He came up empty. If I were a Met fan I would be pissed off.
Not entirely true, he did get Lindor and now he has a clear path to sign him to a record breaking deal.
I'd rather have Lindor then any of those three.

But that said now Frankie knows he has the hammer and the Mets have to sign him.
He will hold out for Betts type money.

Status
Not open for further replies.