2019 Mets

Sad news for nostalgic Mets fans. Wilmer Flores is on the 10 day IL with a fractured foot. That sounds like something that will require a longer duration to heal, so this is probably just the first rung for him. It means that the likelihood of seeing him play when the DBacks hit town has definitely diminished.

Just when you think they may have turned the corner and sparked a flame, BAM! Diaz melts down like a pat of butter in a hot cast iron skillet!! Holy crap that was an awful, brutal loss. How much worse can it get for this team?? It's utterly amazing how snake bit they are. Do everything right in the top of the 9th, add an insurance run with a gutsy hit n run call, and they totally implode.

If the wilpons had any balls, they would clean fucking house and start with Van Wag. What a total fraud, this franchise needs new blood, breath of fresh air. Despicable loss.

I feel for Mets fans, because I don't hate the Mets. Its good when both NY teams are winning. But they really need a new course of direction. Poor Callaway, I give him credit for standing up there day in and day out, defending his players and taking all this heat and blame.

Tear it all down and start over, put DeGrom out there and get a kings ransom. Move Wheeler for a decent piece or 2. This team can't and won't compete next year with the baggage they have in Cano, Lowrie, Familia, Diaz.

You have a nice core with McNeil, Alonso, Comforto, Rosario, and maybe Nimmo if he comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:

billyS

Reign of Terror
Brutal loss today. Best part was that I was on my way to Queens to Indulge in some Dark Chocolate and was listening to the FAN.
Francesca was going nuts relaying what was happening. It was almost like he was making it up.
It must really suck to be a Mets fan.

Just when you think they may have turned the corner and sparked a flame, BAM! Diaz melts down like a pat of butter in a hot cast iron skillet!! Holy crap that was an awful, brutal loss. How much worse can it get for this team?? It's utterly amazing how snake bit they are. Do everything right in the top of the 9th, add an insurance run with a gutsy hit n run call, and they totally implode.

If the wilpons had any balls, they would clean fucking house and start with Van Wag. What a total fraud, this franchise needs new blood, breath of fresh air. Despicable loss.

I feel for Mets fans, because I don't hate the Mets. Its good when both NY teams are winning. But they really need a new course of direction. Poor Callaway, I give him credit for standing up there day in and day out, defending his players and taking all this heat and blame.

Tear it all down and start over, put DeGrom out there and get a kings ransom. Move Wheeler for a decent piece or 2. This team can't and won't compete next year with the baggage they have in Cano, Lowrie, Familia, Diaz.

You have a nice core with McNeil, Alonso, Comforto, Rosario, and maybe Nimmo if he comes back.
Before van wag get fired. He should trade his boy Degrom to the yanks for Frazier. He'd fit right in. :)

I looked it up: 73 innings last yr in 73 games. Also 124 K's 1.96 e.r.a. and 57 saves! What a great season! Maybe he is injured? Take him out of the closer role for a little bit?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I looked it up: 73 innings last yr in 73 games. Also 124 K's 1.96 e.r.a. and 57 saves! What a great season! Maybe he is injured? Take him out of the closer role for a little bit?
Maybe last year was a fluke?
There have been many one hit wonders when it comes to closers.

Yankee fans say this all the time about their players who suck. " Maybe he just cant play in NY "
Maybe this is the case here? Not sure but right now he sucks.
Last year he was better than Mariano... This year he is worse than Ed Whitson, or doug sisk....

Alonso is so good, mature beyond his years. Mets have a gem in this player, how long before they fuck it up?
If the Mets had any smarts AT ALL, trade DeGrom NOW. They're never winning with him, certainly not in the next few years. DeGrom is a market changer in the trade landscape, nobody like him on market. Why keep that contract to finish in 4th place next few years? They could get some SERIOUS talent to surround Alonson, McNeil, Conforto, and Even Rosario to a degree. Catcher, 3B, CF all area of needs. Plus what they get back for Wheeler. This is a golden opportunity to build for the future and they're blowing it. Van Wag Swag is blinding the NoFril-Pons

It was great to watch last night. We had something to cheer for finally. Only the second time ever that I had any interest in that home run derby. The only other one was it last year or 2 years ago when it was Sanchez, Stanton, and Judge....That was a great one...