2018 Mets

That is a lot of money for Cano who is what???? 35? I am sure he can still hit and will be good in 2019 ..... maybe 2020. After that - who knows. He is still owed something like 120 mill.
And we know what happens when the Mets get American League All Star second basemen slightly passed their prime;
Carlos Beargea
Robbie Alomar

It depends greatly on how much salary Seattle is going to eat... if they eat enough and he only costs 10 mil or under a year and we also get a good young closer for 1 mil ...thats not a bad deal. Wait and see what the other closers get. Kimbrell is asking the moon as are the others. if you do the math and Diaz has a year like last year its good.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Seems trade done. Hopefully Cano gets his next steroid suspension out of the way early. Last one was 80, next is ????
Whole season???
Doesn’t anyone question the birth certificates of these Latin players anymore?

Apparently they’re looking at Kluber, possibly a way to ship out Thor and “upgrade”. I know Kluber has been healthier but he also pitches in the worst division in baseball—not trying to take any skill away as I’ve seen him pitch live and he has loads of talent. Just questioning the new front office on getting rid of a 26 year old for a 33 year old. Both controlled for 3 more years and both have the ability to dominate just wondering if they should worry about mileage on Kluber’s arm.

Btw, not a Met fan looking at this through the lense of a Yank/Braves fan and trying to look at situation as if it were one of my 2 teams thinking of getting rid of Thor and grabbing Kluber.

So, I think I am in the minority. Most seem to love the trade. Its definitely a good trade for the next few years.Supposedly Mariners were going to pay half of Canos salary, $60 Mil. I hear its only 20Mil? Dont like it. We got rid of 2 bad contracts which is great. Obviously Cano has 2 maybe 3 years left? It will hurt us later down the road. Of coarse getting maybe the best closer in the game at low money and 24 years old is great. I dont like adding Kelinic. I know a prospect is a prospect and we got a great Closer. The other 2 prospects I dont care about, Kelinic, will be really good.

So, I think I am in the minority. Most seem to love the trade. Its definitely a good trade for the next few years.Supposedly Mariners were going to pay half of Canos salary, $60 Mil. I hear its only 20Mil? Dont like it. We got rid of 2 bad contracts which is great. Obviously Cano has 2 maybe 3 years left? It will hurt us later down the road. Of coarse getting maybe the best closer in the game at low money and 24 years old is great. I dont like adding Kelinic. I know a prospect is a prospect and we got a great Closer. The other 2 prospects I dont care about, Kelinic, will be really good.
I'm glad you guys got him and not the Yankees.
His best days are way behind him.
The Mets should have been able to get more. Or gave up less. They were only bidding against themselves, A 36 year old washed up juice head who likes to admire his long singles that for most would be a double.
Good luck.

First of all, you kept hearing the Mariners were going to pay half the remaining salary, $50 to $60 million. Now we hear they are paying only 20 mil. That makes it worse. But again. These are like 2 separate trades here. You get Cano, and git rid of 2 bad contracts. Maybe almost a wash. You cant just kill getting Cano at 35, because you gave up 2 bad contracts. I still dont like having Cano for 5 more years.
Of coarse you have to love getting Diaz, one of the top few closers in the game and only 24 years old, and low salary for 4 years. That almost makes up for over paying Cano? Getting Diaz, giving up 3 prospects, you have to do it, but remember I am saying, Kelinic will be a stud.

with that 3 team deal possibly in the works at the end of the day if mets trade Syndergaard and get back Realmuto I dont think that is enough mets need more back for him

with that 3 team deal possibly in the works at the end of the day if mets trade Syndergaard and get back Realmuto I dont think that is enough mets need more back for him
I don't see it happening. The yanks don't tip their hand in any moves.
Its been quiet in Vegas so the writers are just trying to get something to write about. Why would the Mets trade away their number 2 pitcher that's cheap for a catcher. Its not like he's Johnny bench.
The Yankees could definitely use him but I don't see them trading Anduar. He's got too Much upside and is also cheap for years to come.