2017 Yankees

You guys are always welcome as Yankee fans. You should break the chain of emotional abuse you endure as Met fans. At least spare your children!
Too late, My children are all Met fans... Proud of it.... I have taken them to so many games... I never let them go to Yankee games when they were young.. I wouldnt take a chance...lol

Watching ESPN today and Buster Olney is reporting that Girardi and the Yanks are parting ways.I am surprised because I know Hal likes him alot.Unless it is Joe's choice.He has been managing for 10 yrs maybe he has had enough.Hard to see him walk away from this team though...we shall see if the rumor is true

Watching ESPN today and Buster Olney is reporting that Girardi and the Yanks are parting ways.I am surprised because I know Hal likes him alot.Unless it is Joe's choice.He has been managing for 10 yrs maybe he has had enough.Hard to see him walk away from this team though...we shall see if the rumor is true
Wow I am shocked!!! Perhaps after speaking with his family he had a change of heart. I liked Girardi a lot personally!!! I know some Yankee fans liked to complain about him but it is hard to ignore his success with 910 wins in 10 years. I can't think of too many managers that won as many games over a 10 year period with the same team!!

its probably bs. It would be all over the News.

I would not be surprised if he took another job in the organization or just retired. He still has one young kid that is 11 years old. Would he uproot him so he can manage in say ... San Diego? His other kids are 17 and 19 I think so they probably don't care as much. I would be surprised but not shocked if he walked away. He has a ton of money. He doesn't have to work any more. I am about the same age. At some point you have had enough. That being said - If he wants to continue to manage how could you walk away from this Yankee team that is on the precipice of another dynasty? I would also be scared to death with who we would get as a replacement. Stump Merrill??? Dallas Green? Bucky Dent?

well its official: Breaking news on espn is that Joe Girardi will NOT return as Yankees manager.I personally am surprised because he is walking away from this team that is going to be right there the next few years.But who's call was it did he walk away on his own or did the Yankees want a change? I think that he got the most out of his teams.Who is his replacement? I have no clue?

Reading now that it was the Yanks that didn't want him back not Girardi walking away.We shall see. If he takes another job soon that means he still wanted to manage and the Yanks told him no

I as never f a big fan. I don't mind that they fired him ... BUT .... they better not hire some retread hack like Manny Acta or Fredi Gonzalez. Maybe they can give the job to Long or Robby Thompson.

Really caught me and many of you by surprise. We never heard of any rumblings out of the front office that they didn't like Girardi and decisions he made during games. You have to wonder what ownership is thinking. One name that pops in my mind is Kevin Long. He had a good relationship with ownership and has had success as a hitting coach with both the Yankees and Mets. Girardi averaged 91 games per year what more could they possibly want. I know a world series title this year. It should be interesting to see what names are mentioned.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Really caught me and many of you by surprise. We never heard of any rumblings out of the front office that they didn't like Girardi and decisions he made during games. You have to wonder what ownership is thinking. One name that pops in my mind is Kevin Long. He had a good relationship with ownership and has had success as a hitting coach with both the Yankees and Mets. Girardi averaged 91 games per year what more could they possibly want. I know a world series title this year. It should be interesting to see what names are mentioned.
Just heard on Francessa that Girardi had a core of the team that really weren't fans of his, specifically Sanchez. Of course the fact that he plays catcher like a hockey goalie probably drove Joe up the wall.
As long as they don't hire that asswipe Dusty Baker it will be ok. Think the Mets are pissed they didn't get wind of this?

Just heard on Francessa that Girardi had a core of the team that really weren't fans of his, specifically Sanchez. Of course the fact that he plays catcher like a hockey goalie probably drove Joe up the wall.
As long as they don't hire that asswipe Dusty Baker it will be ok. Think the Mets are pissed they didn't get wind of this?
Very interesting that Sanchez wasn't a fan of Girardi's. I know during the season Girardi was somewhat vocal and critical of his lack of defense behind the plate and had sat him because of it. I am sure Sanchez is aware of his weaknesses. Hopefully instead of criticizing him he took the time to learn what things he needs to do in order to improve upon his craft.

Btw, I have to think someone in the Met organization must be kicking themselves in the ass when hearing about Girardi not coming back as the manager of the Yankees.

no way Kevin long would go back to the yanks since they dissed him a few years ago , just prior to him joining the Mets
Think Tony Pena is perfect fit since he knows players plus fact he's been waiting a decade plus it's a great pr move as he's a Latino and wasn't he a top catcher too (for pitching management purposes)?

Jeter wasn't a fan of Girardi either. Dont even think they liked each other. Who cares if Sanchez didnt like him. Who the Fuck is Sanchez. If If that had any part of this, then thats fucked up. I have said, many times, as a Mets fan, I really liked Giradi. Is he a perfect manager, No, but he is pretty damn good.