2017 Mets

To clarify , that trade would be Matt Harvey for Gary Sanchez It's a fair trade that would benefit both the Mets and Yankees
Good news is that Ray Ramirez and Dan Warthen are out The Ramirez regime as trainer coincided with the curse of injuries the past decade and which got worse the past 2-3 seasons So better times ahead

To clarify , that trade would be Matt Harvey for Gary Sanchez It's a fair trade that would benefit both the Mets and Yankees
Good news is that Ray Ramirez and Dan Warthen are out The Ramirez regime as trainer coincided with the curse of injuries the past decade and which got worse the past 2-3 seasons So better times ahead
Pet2as many of you know on this thread I am a Met fan but seriously do you really think Harvey for Sanchez makes any sense for the Yankees? Yes this trade would benefit the Mets but for the Yankees this would be a bad trade based on what we have seen from Harvey in 2017. If Matt Harvey was pitching like he was in his first 2 full seasons with the Mets this would still be a difficult trade. Back in 2012, 2013 and 2015, Harvey was considered one of the best pitchers in the NL. If he was dominating hitters like he did back then I am not certain I would make the trade and Sanchez is a very good offensive catcher. Some may disagree but he has yet to put in a full season. His offensive numbers don't lie, he is very good player and might be the best catcher in baseball some day.

Sanchez is really a DH so the Mets cant use him. Would I make that trade, in a heart beat but the Yanks never ever would....

Yanks would NEVER do that. Harvey just is not that good. Sanchez is a fantastic talent. ALmost drove in 100 while missing 40 games.

Yanks would NEVER do that. Harvey just is not that good. Sanchez is a fantastic talent. ALmost drove in 100 while missing 40 games.
If it were the old Harvey, it would take Judge and Sanchez. The way Harvey pitched this year, if he continues, he will be out of the league. But at least next season, he should at least be 100% healthy to start Then we will see how it plays out.

I'd bet that Harvey will pull it together next season for many reasons So considering he's a soon to be free agent, the Yankees can more easily re sign him afterwards So though it is definitely a gamble I think they would benefit and win the bet on him So the trade would make sense to both teams

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Harvey for Sanchez??????
Are you fucking nuts????
Harvey can't find his ass with both hands.

Next you'll say how about getting Babe Ruth for cash.

I wouldn't give them Ronald Torreyes for Harvey. I would give them a dozen baseballs. AND ... they would have to pay all of his salary over the major league minimum. Then I would put him in triple A with an invite to major league spring training camp.

LISteve I agree that Harvey has been awful this year.There is no getting around his stats this year.That being said there isn't a large enough sampling size of pitchers that have had Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery so the healing period is unknown. Those pitchers who have had the surgery were towards the end of their careers so relying on their information is not reliable. I don't believe there is anyone including Harvey himself who knows what the future holds for him.What I do know however, is he is going to work his butt off during this off season to figure things out and perhaps learn that he needs to adjust if he is unable to throw his fastball at 98 and have the nasty cut he had on his slider. Next year he is pitching for a contract and lets face it he has a lot to prove not only to himself but to the Mets and the other teams in the league that the Black Knight is back. We all have seen it with other major league players that is on the last year of a contract and how well they perform. I don't believe Harvey is done and neither does he. But I strongly believe that we are going to be hearing about him during the off season and what he doing in order to turn things around. If he gets back to his prowess on the mound and dominate hitters once again, this season would be overlooked and I bet the Yankees would be salivating hoping to sign him come next years free agency. For a matter of fact every team in baseball will want this guy. LISteve look at his stats for those 3 years 2012, 2013 and 2015. It is hard to find another pitcher during those years that was better. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but jeez you need to look at the entire situation before spouting negativity.

EASY Assman. He never pitched a complete season. One year he made 29 starts and 189 innings so I guess that is close. His ERA was good but he didn't even win 10 games. The guy can't stay on the mound and let's not talk about what happened in small sample sizes 2-3-4 years ago.

The main reason for the trade I mentioned is that the Yanks have no starting pitchers who can be called an ace Severino lasted one third of an inning but he will be great down the road if he keeps progressing but there is no guarantee on that . Sonny Gray , has been a major disappointment , considering the hype he got prior to the trade in July . Tanaka could be a top pitcher but he is inconsistent at best lately and CC is close to retirement The rookie , Montgomery , seems to have a lot of promise though but that is still a crap shoot. The Yanks need a top flight pitcher The Mets have 2 or 3 top ace type pitchers ( Syndergaard , DeGrom and perhaps Lugo or Gesellman or one of the others ) and can still have a great starting staff even if they trade Harvey I think Harvey is fed up with the Mets especially since he has lost close to a couple dozen games over his career because the Mets did not score runs for him when he pitched during the 2013 , 2014 seasons . And from the grapevine he seems to prefer the Yanks to the Mets . Plus it is his contract year so as Assman said , he is motivated to do well . The Mets need a catcher like Gary Sanchez . Darnot and Plawecki can be good backups but not starters . So this is why it makes sense for both teams to pull the trigger . If not , the Mets will reap the benefits next season and maybe for years to come (Fingers crossed either way)
Separately , I think Alderson will be well served to trade Cespedes and get a reliable consistent bat for the outfield . Cespedes is too moody and is hit or miss because of his attitude . Better to have an outfield like with Bruce , Conforto and Lagares or Nimmo in the outfield

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
The main reason for the trade I mentioned is that the Yanks have no starting pitchers who can be called an ace Severino lasted one third of an inning but he will be great down the road if he keeps progressing but there is no guarantee on that . Sonny Gray , has been a major disappointment , considering the hype he got prior to the trade in July . Tanaka could be a top pitcher but he is inconsistent at best lately and CC is close to retirement The rookie , Montgomery , seems to have a lot of promise though but that is still a crap shoot. The Yanks need a top flight pitcher The Mets have 2 or 3 top ace type pitchers ( Syndergaard , DeGrom and perhaps Lugo or Gesellman or one of the others ) and can still have a great starting staff even if they trade Harvey I think Harvey is fed up with the Mets especially since he has lost close to a couple dozen games over his career because the Mets did not score runs for him when he pitched during the 2013 , 2014 seasons . And from the grapevine he seems to prefer the Yanks to the Mets . Plus it is his contract year so as Assman said , he is motivated to do well . The Mets need a catcher like Gary Sanchez . Darnot and Plawecki can be good backups but not starters . So this is why it makes sense for both teams to pull the trigger . If not , the Mets will reap the benefits next season and maybe for years to come (Fingers crossed either way)
Separately , I think Alderson will be well served to trade Cespedes and get a reliable consistent bat for the outfield . Cespedes is too moody and is hit or miss because of his attitude . Better to have an outfield like with Bruce , Conforto and Lagares or Nimmo in the outfield
If you're talking Degrom or Syndergard we can have a conversation. If you won't budge off Harvey I'm hanging up the phone.

Mets management has reduced the payroll by trading away veteran players with so called , "expensive" contracts Does anyone know what the team payroll was before the trades took place last July ? And what the payroll is now , after the trades ? And does it include the David Wright salary ?
I'm trying to figure out how much money will be available for free agent signings for the 2018 season

Mets management has reduced the payroll by trading away veteran players with so called , "expensive" contracts Does anyone know what the team payroll was before the trades took place last July ? And what the payroll is now , after the trades ? And does it include the David Wright salary ?
I'm trying to figure out how much money will be available for free agent signings for the 2018 season
I believe the Mets payroll going into 2018 Free Agency and Player Arbitration's is in the mid to high 90's. David Wright's contract is included which is around 20 with about 16 if not more covered by insurance. So there actual payroll is a lot lower as long as Wright stays on the DL.

That's small market team and post Made Off (with the loot) range I hope they allocate at least $40 million for free agents That would bring their budget into the $125 k range , which is closer to hig market team range Or higher than that Hopefully Wright retires and frees up more salary

I recently read that the Marlins are looking to rid themselves of Stanton, Gordon and Prado's contracts. I really like Prado at third base. He is a very good fielder, he is a very good hitter, and has a terrific OBP. Stanton with the changes he made during the season would a terrific acquisition but we are talking about the Mets. No way are they going to go out that much money per year for this or any player. I happen to like Yelich a lot for center field but since his name wasn't mentioned I guess his pay is very manageable.

Well the FUN now starts in trying to structure this team into a contender for next season!!! Despite some negative viewpoints from UG members, I am still highly optimistic in some of these arms we have on our team. I for one am look forward to a comeback year from them in 2018!!