2016 METS

Collins was interviewed a couple of weeks ago and had stated that one of the things the Mets are looking to do is work with Darnaud in the off season to get him hitting. Interestingly, when they traded Dickey to the Blue Jays he was the main guy in the trade and not Syndergaard. Yeah and now we have to wait to see what punishment MLB will hand out to Familia. I don't condone anyone hitting another person especial a woman but from the sounds of things it wasn't like the Reyes or Chapman situation but they will still need to suspend him. I do like Reed as the intermittent closer and we have Salas to handle the 8th. But looking for a bullpen arm is something they should consider. Maybe Wheeler if he is healthier enough can help out.

I like to say that I feel confident with the Mets brass that they will do all they can to sign Cespedes, but I am not feeling it. The only way I think he signs is if he wants to stay in NY because too many teams will bid much higher than the Mets. As fans we will hear why he got away, he wanted too many years, or we are trying to protect the nucleus of the team. If he sign elsewhere, I just hope it's in the AL. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

Sad to see him go. He was one of the few steadying presences on the pitching staff. But good for him. American athletes are woefully underpaid, so it is refreshing to see him get his due. :rolleyes:

Today's Newsday had a column by one of the beat reporters recommending a trade between the Yankees and the Mets. One of our aging corner outfielders and a star-in-the-making pitcher for their shoved-aside catcher.
We need a catcher, as a I said earlier, and I was not pleased with Bruce's lack of adaptability to NY so I would love to see the Yankees saddled with his contract and poor performance.

Today's Newsday had a column by one of the beat reporters recommending a trade between the Yankees and the Mets. One of our aging corner outfielders and a star-in-the-making pitcher for their shoved-aside catcher.
We need a catcher, as a I said earlier, and I was not pleased with Bruce's lack of adaptability to NY so I would love to see the Yankees saddled with his contract and poor performance.
Brian McCann is another left handed bat which we don't need. He was a Mets killer when he was with the Braves. I think they need better clarity before they entertain such a trade. Also what young pitcher /prospect are we giving up? I think the amount remaining on his contract (McCann) is too rich for the Mets. I think he gets around $17m per year. We may have a better idea after today if Walker accepts the qualifying offer of $17.2m. My guess is that he will, as he needs to prove that his back is healthy.

It is my understanding that Alderson wants to have the situation with Cespedes wrapped up after the winter meetings. Once that happens he can then shape the rest of the team.