2015 NY GIANTS It's 4 Years Later......................again!!

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
BWAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh did I mention I'm a Cowboy Fan?
Mind You I'm not saying it was the dumbest thing in the world. But it really is fun to see the "High & Mighty" Giants Organization is (For 8 Years now) acting more inept and half assed than anyone else in the league. They Make Cleveland & The Jets look like Well oiled machines.
Yeah Dallas has won a lot of Super Bowls recently..oh wait. Sorry.
Jerry Jones is the poster child for arrogant fucks. That said I guess to be as successful as he had been you have to be, at least a little.
I do agree that the two sons, especially Mara, have turned the football operation to shit. They wanted a new stadium so they could charge seat licenses which used up their wait list and now you can’t buy tickets for every game because they no longer sell out despite what they say. They are all about the dollar.
To give Jones his due, prick, he has done a masterful job with Dallas Cowboys the business. Football team not as much.
Always fun to engage in sports discussions with other fans without animosity.

Can't argue with the lack of titles or even playoff wins. But that's not the topic of the day my friend. Today(meaning for the next cpl months at least) It's all about Giants Nation going Bat Shit Crazy over the dysfunction. And after 20 years of them pronouncing a BS superiority complex upon everyone in the NY Metro Area. Funny that even though you can't take away 2 Superbowl Runs to a title. They've been Mediocre AT BEST and last 7 have been a joke. Even funnier thing is there's a part of me that would like to like the Giants a t least a little bit or at least respect them. Haven't been able to in the last 30 years since Parcells & Simms. You are aware that Tom & I came through the Giants Org. back in the 50's.

Mr. Wiggley

I might use the term disappointing rather than mediocre. There were times they made the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round, sometimes at home which is horrible.
Joke about sums it up recently no argument there.
That Parcells guy that won two titles? Is that the same guy that Dallas hired years later to take over a talented team and shit the bed?
Am curious about your opinion seriously of Tony Romo

I don't like him but he does "SEE" the game better than all of these so called expert announcers.
He brings something for information for us x and o types.
I am sic of gettlemon and his boston twang...Why the fuc would you tell everyone who you are taking in the draft two years a row...Is this a confessional??

Mr. Wiggley

Sorry I meant Romo as a qb not as an analyst.
I agree on his analysis as many other guys now just mail it in he seems to actually enjoy it

Mr. Wiggley

Have been listening to sports talk chatter about the “pick”. NOBODY saw this guy as a first rounder let alone at 6.
One guy on Golic and Wingo compared the pick to Erik Flowers where nobody saw him as a player and the Giants went crazy over him.
Curious... is anyone hearing anything other than WTF were they thinking??

I listen pretty much only to Sirius NFL radio. All are former players, coaches, GMs, for the most part. Some of them like the pic. But still the minority opinion.

I might use the term disappointing rather than mediocre. There were times they made the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round, sometimes at home which is horrible.
Joke about sums it up recently no argument there.
That Parcells guy that won two titles? Is that the same guy that Dallas hired years later to take over a talented team and shit the bed?
Think I was pretty accurate with the terms Mediocre & Joke:
2018 4th -- NFC East 5-11
2017 4th -- NFC East 3-13
2016 2nd -- NFC East 11-5
2015 3rd -- NFC East 6-10
2014 3rd -- NFC East 6-10
2013 3rd -- NFC East 7-9
2012 2nd -- NFC East 9-7
2010 2nd -- NFC East 106
2009 3rd -- NFC East 8-8
2008 1st -- NFC East 10-4
2007 2nd -- NFC East 12-6
2006 3rd -- NFC East 8-8
2005 1st -- NFC East 11-5
2004 T2nd -- NFC East 6-10
2003 4th -- NFC East 4-12
2002 2nd -- NFC East 10-6
2001 T3rd -- NFC East 7-9
2000 1st -- NFC East 12-4
1999 3rd -- NFC East 7-9

= 161-159 exactly 9 winning seasons & 9 losing seasons with 2 .500 seasons = MEDIOCRE
2011-2018 = 47-65 18 games below .500 = JOKE
Least # of Division titles in the past 20 years.
fwiw
The Team Parcells took over was Not Talented... He developed & drafted(Jason Witten & Romo)among others) a More talented team .....And then Shit the bed. Funny(not so much) thing I always said about Parcells was that he took EXACTLY 1 step backwards in each coaching job..
Giants 2 SB wins
Patriots 1 SB loss
Jets AFC Championship game loss...
... So I knew he wasn't getting us any further than that.

Romo....I can't even begin to get too much into. Simply put If you really understand the game he gets a VERY Bad rap. If you just want to pile on. Then Not worth my typing to argue. The prototypical game was 2013 game against Broncos and he puts up 500+ yards & 48 points. No one says anything about that. Just that he threw the pick with 2 min to go. Even though he made a million plays to bring them from behind 6 times during the course of the game. Even though it was a 2nd & 16 because of a penalty. Even though a DT broke through a double team into his face as he was releasing and trying step into the throw. Even though the outlet back ran the wrong route or just gave up on it I'm not sure. Even though Peyton Manning threw a MUCH worse/ill advised pick earlier in the 3rd Quarter that no one notices. Even though his defense was like a sieve. Even though he has almost as many 4th quarter comebacks as his contemporaries in less games played. But going back to the beginning of the issue.....EVEN Though Parcells should NEVER have had him holding that FG attempt in the first place!

Oh wait I wasn't going to get into it.

Romo....I can't even begin to get too much into. Simply put If you really understand the game he gets a VERY Bad rap. If you just want to pile on. Then Not worth my typing to argue. The prototypical game was 2013 game against Broncos and he puts up 500+ yards & 48 points. No one says anything about that. Just that he threw the pick with 2 min to go. Even though he made a million plays to bring them from behind 6 times during the course of the game. Even though it was a 2nd & 16 because of a penalty. Even though a DT broke through a double team into his face as he was releasing and trying step into the throw. Even though the outlet back ran the wrong route or just gave up on it I'm not sure. Even though Peyton Manning threw a MUCH worse/ill advised pick earlier in the 3rd Quarter that no one notices. Even though his defense was like a sieve. Even though he has almost as many 4th quarter comebacks as his contemporaries in less games played. But going back to the beginning of the issue.....EVEN Though Parcells should NEVER have had him holding that FG attempt in the first place!

Oh wait I wasn't going to get into it.
Romo was a pretty good QB. Not great but way better than an average QB.

Plus , the Giants first round pick was horrible. They could have got him in the second or maybe even the third.
It could cost Gentleman his job if he was wrong.
We can't kill him yet.
We have no choice but to live with it.
He's gonna be our guy.

I just hope he's not another
Dave Brown.

Btw. Snacks is sitting out of camp because he wants a new deal.
I'm glad he's gone

Truth is He may be a Good QB actually(Daniel Jones). For it to have shocked EVERYONE like that, ya gotta believe they could have picked him later in the round. I do also gotta say I don't have as big of a problem with the guy they did pick later in the round. And Eli has certainly shown that you can be Mediocre at best and still win championships.

And you, an intelligent and respected member of this community, believes everything you hear?
Well, that you for that complement. To answer your question, most definitely not... I do believe he absolutely would not have been a first round pick. Maybe late second? Maybe. Certainly a third. Just my opinion. I hope he does great. I am a big Jets fan who roots for the Giants always, unless its against the Jets.