2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

An edge rusher would be nice.

I know this is the Jets thread, but both the Jets and Giants have been picking in the top of the draft for a few years now with not much to show for it.

Either they are not picking the right players or they are not developing them.
I see both teams grabbing a tackle and edge rusher with their first round picks.

Edge rusher for the Jets, sure.

We have almost as much luck selecting them as we do franchise QBs, Lots of promise. Little delivery.

What the Jets need, more than any other position player, is either new ownership or the current owners hiring real football front office talent and getting out of their way and allowing them to do their jobs. We haven't had that since Tuna was deeply entrenched in how things ran around there.

Best scenario.
4 is an edge rusher
10 is a corner if Dauce and Singltary is gone, then the Safety Hamilton.
then we trade both of our seconds for Deebo.
that’s my hope.
It would probably take at least one of your first round picks to get Debo.

Gardner and singitary wouldn't have gone in the first round in last year's draft or at least behind Horn and Surtan

Disagree. Gardner and Singletary go in the 1st in any draft.
They will def go in the first round, I wouldn't take either if I am the Jets though.

I saw some writer propose the Jets #10 pick, #35 pick and Moore for Deebo - That is insanity!
I would love some Deebo for sure, but not for that price. I wouldn't trade either of the first rounders for him. I might entertain the 10th and a 5th rounder for Deebo and a 3rd. Should be interesting draft, Jets and Giants have a lot of pressure on them.

If Jets don't trade the 10th for Deebo I feel like they will trade back for more assets.

Jets get Sauce Gardner in the 1st round. Good for them! Now will they go after Becton's replacement with their second 1st round pick? Seems that Becton not only can't stay healthy, but that he got up to 400lbs during his rehab.

I think it all fell perfect for the Jets. Best corner in the draft and best receiver. I wanted the speed of Wilson over the one of London. Great draft so far. Now if we can get a good edge rusher , it will be a really good draft. I wonder if Douglas trades back into the fist.

Lets hope so LW, too much suffering the last 5 decades.
I still feel like we need that ALPHA #1 WR, I don't know much about the Ohio State WR, is he that guy?
He is deebo 2.0

The Ohio State TE they took from Lindenhurst is a good kid. I know him through a my friends son. Super good kid. Hopefully he will learn from the two TE's the jets picked up in the off season and be ready to go for year 2.

He is deebo 2.0

The Ohio State TE they took from Lindenhurst is a good kid. I know him through a my friends son. Super good kid. Hopefully he will learn from the two TE's the jets picked up in the off season and be ready to go for year 2.
Deebo 2.0 would be fantastic!

The Ruckert kid is suppose to be a great blocker, has excellent hands, and total team guy. They likened him to a Dawson Knox type. He only dropped like 4 passes in his entire career at "THE" OSU. Excited about him, could be one of those hybrid type of TE's.

Overall you have to be excited about the Jets draft. Solid, young core that hopefully gels into a powerhouse. I am still skeptical about Z.Wilson, no excuses with all these players around him.

I’m not as impressed as some of you in the 1st round of the draft.

1) “Sauce” is a good CB whose experience is man-press. The Jets are a zone defense. That’s going to require an adjustment. Development of skills. At best that’s not plug-and-play. He’s also apt to need bulk added if he wants to hit on an NFL level and that’s going to effect his 4.41 speed.

He’s not the A level prospect he’s being made out to be. Solid B out of the box with upside A level potential if he can put some muscle on and not lose speed, and adjust quickly to a zone scheme. He has good promise, but promise isn’t a sure thing.

2) This gets better. Wilson has very good 4.38 speed. He’ll add right out of the gate to improve the receiver corp, adding deep lanes threat. He is a bit size challenged at just under 6‘, and a tendency to drop balls. Still, opponent D’s are going to have to respect a legitimate threat which takes pressure off other things like an improved TE scenario playing underneath the coverage paying attention to the new long threat. B+

3) This could be the steal of the draft. It depends on whether Johnson is what he was for two years at Georgia or one year at Florida State. A solid Senior Bowl and NFL combine performance suggest the latter.

If that question mark about which Johnson is he and the lack of an explosive first step that caused him to fall down the list so he was still available at 26 overall goes the right way than then our Jets got a top ten pick for a two, five, and flip at third rounds. That would make Johnson a legitimate steal. Like Gardner a solid B with potential to be an A if the answers to those questions fall the right way.

The question that need answers cause me to give the first round a B overall rather than the A most other Jets fans are awarding. Upside potential for better though. I’m just not awarding it till it’s actually shown.

All the rest:

Round 2: RB Breece Hall. 4.39 speed who can make cuts, force misses and catch. Carter will have company in the backfield. Other Jets RB’s are going to be looking for that final 3rd spot or positions on practice squads and waiver pickups. Grade B.

Round 3: TE Jeremy Ruckert. This left me scratching my head. Our Jets are deep at TE. Where’s the need being filled? He has attributes that could give him special teams production promise. I don’t get it though. Grade C

Round 4: DE Michael Clemons. He has prototype traits but he’s old for a rookie (25) and has big red flags. Multiple arrests including a weapons possession charge. Too much problem child potential for my tastes. Grade D.

Overall the Second Round is a C.