2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

We are Jet fans. We can suffer the torture of watching them year after year, and keep coming back for more.

I have to admit, I was giddy for a few days after the Mike White 400 yard etc. game.

Sobered up now for sure.

One bright spot is Mike Carter the rookie RB. Seems to get 4-5 yards every time he has ball, and catches some passes too. He hasn't fumbled(that I can remember), and gets a lot of usage.
I like Carter a lot. I loved him in College.

If you look at the good and bad of the Jets, they have been to two back-2-back AFC championship games in the last 15 years. A lot of teams can't say that. But when the jets are bad they are REALLY bad. But I know every year it's going to bad. Would I rather be told we are playoff team and watch them shit the bed year after year like the cowboys? Probably not

Jets will be OK. I think Wilson is going to be really good. Youngest team in Football. Lawson will come back next yr hopefully healthy. We have real good draft capital for next yrs draft, if we draft well, we can be good soon. The pick for Jamal Adams is looking good, as long as Seahawks keep losing and our own which will also be a high pick. Stay positive.

The decision to start Flacco this Sunday is maybe the stupidest move, Jets have made in a long time. What good does this do. They first, wasted a 5th round pick on him, and now he is going to start, when we can see what What really has? Makes no sense at all.
To me, it makes sense because this is a "we just gotta get through this week" kind of move. Wilson and White are the future. Why jeopardize the long-term future and risk them getting injured some more by playing them when they're not 100%?

I question why the Jets didn't have two QBs on their roster behind Wilson to begin with, or at least one stashed on the practice squad. And why Flacco? Was Matt Robinson not taking calls last week?

To me, it makes sense because this is a "we just gotta get through this week" kind of move. Wilson and White are the future. Why jeopardize the long-term future and risk them getting injured some more by playing them when they're not 100%?

I question why the Jets didn't have two QBs on their roster behind Wilson to begin with, or at least one stashed on the practice squad. And why Flacco? Was Matt Robinson not taking calls last week?
Makes no sense to start Flacco, none. Here's why: White isn't hurt, you need to see if the Cincy game was a fluke and the Buffalo game is more true to the kind of player he is. Why start a 38 year old backup journeyman (past 5 years or so) over a guy that you NEED to evaluate at in game speed. Who cares how many dimes he's dropping to the WR's in practice, need to see that in real time with a D Line in your face. Can't wrap these guys in bubble tape, they only grow with real reps and experience. Flacco should be holding White's clip board Sunday.

One of the most head scratching decision I have ever seen made by Jets. Couple that with giving away a 6th rounder for Flacco, and its scary to know that those decisions are being made by the GM and coach. Where is the talent evaluation in your OWN quarterback room?! It's a reoccurring theme it seems with Douglas, his inability to scout talent. He has not hit on many of his picks for a guy with a ton of early round selections.

Makes no sense to start Flacco, none. Here's why: White isn't hurt, you need to see if the Cincy game was a fluke and the Buffalo game is more true to the kind of player he is. Why start a 38 year old backup journeyman (past 5 years or so) over a guy that you NEED to evaluate at in game speed. Who cares how many dimes he's dropping to the WR's in practice, need to see that in real time with a D Line in your face. Can't wrap these guys in bubble tape, they only grow with real reps and experience. Flacco should be holding White's clip board Sunday.

One of the most head scratching decision I have ever seen made by Jets. Couple that with giving away a 6th rounder for Flacco, and its scary to know that those decisions are being made by the GM and coach. Where is the talent evaluation in your OWN quarterback room?! It's a reoccurring theme it seems with Douglas, his inability to scout talent. He has not hit on many of his picks for a guy with a ton of early round selections.
Wasnt it a 5th rounder? Hope I am wrong.

60 million in cap space
9 picks, 4 in the top 38

What are the Jets and Douglas going to do?
Here is the shopping list I came up with.

2 Wr's
1 Stud TE
2 Offensive Lineman
2 Linebackers
1 Edge Rusher
2 Safties
2 DB's

Maybe a new qb and gm in '23?

Anyone else intrigued by Schultz as a possible free agent signing? I think he would fit well in current scheme and he could be a great security blanket/check down for Wilson.

It’s so weird that the Jets just haven’t risen consistently in more than 50 years. So difficult to change how the team is perceived, the team’s culture, the stigma attached to the Jets as an organization.

Because they have had many players and coaches that thrived before and after being with the Jets. And, the Jets have had some glimmers of great possibilities and even dominance. But, always a flash in the pan, a flicker of hope.

Watched the great Joe Namath, Emerson Boozer, Matt Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer, Randy Rasmussen, Rich Castor, Jerome Barkum, John Riggins. (beast with speed)

I have been a Jets fan since the 60’s and as a kid, bought cheap seats and enjoyed them in Shea Stadium. Always went to their preseason finale against the Giants at the Yale Bowl in New Haven, Connecticut. Saw Joe Namath flabbergast the entire Bowl by running for a touchdown, gimpy, and dilapidated— stunning the defense, because late in his career he was so fragile. But, back then, the Jets were contenders.

But, have to admit, the Rex Ryan years were a lot of fun.

I've been a lifelong Jets fan and sadly wasn't surprised to hear the following fact - with the #6 pick in the 2022 draft, the Jets will have had a top 6 pick in 6 of the last 8 years.
They've gone through QBs, HCs and GMs. The only common denominator left is Woody. He is beyond useless

I've been a lifelong Jets fan and sadly wasn't surprised to hear the following fact - with the #6 pick in the 2022 draft, the Jets will have had a top 6 pick in 6 of the last 8 years.
They've gone through QBs, HCs and GMs. The only common denominator left is Woody. He is beyond useless
I raise you one Woody Johnson and give you one Stephen Ross.

NFL Draft is this week, picks 4 and 10, who we taking?
Are we trading for Deebo?
Are we trading back???

This is it for Douglas, if he shits the bed in this draft its a new regime and restart.

billyS

Reign of Terror
NFL Draft is this week, picks 4 and 10, who we taking?
Are we trading for Deebo?
Are we trading back???

This is it for Douglas, if he shits the bed in this draft its a new regime and restart.
An edge rusher would be nice.

I know this is the Jets thread, but both the Jets and Giants have been picking in the top of the draft for a few years now with not much to show for it.

Either they are not picking the right players or they are not developing them.