13th floor in Midtown

I am nooob for AMP's and and other related HE spots, but I did get a chance to go to Lou's spot twice before it got shut down...I am wondering how similar is this 13th floor spot to Lou's???
I am actually heading to a spot like Lou's next week with some of my boys...I am interested to see if it is going to end up being the 13th floor spot you guys are talking about...I will report back, I need to start contributing with the little knowledge that I do have

Question: Purps raised two huge red flags in his initial post that no one seems to have picked up on: lax security and strong smell of reefer in the hallway outside the event. No one care?

Please forgive me for asking, but what is it that troubles you? Please explain unless doing so would worsen your concerns. Perhaps I have missed something in the thread that would prompt your reactions. Thank you.
The person that runs this spot has been VERY clear that he doesn't want ANY talk about it ANYWHERE.

That's the issue. As long as people don't say anything that can identify the place those who aren't talking aren't in danger. Still, those who do could be excluded from future venues.

He takes security very seriously.

That's why people are concerned.

The person that runs this spot has been VERY clear that he doesn't want ANY talk about it ANYWHERE.

That's the issue. As long as people don't say anything that can identify the place those who aren't talking aren't in danger. Still, those who do could be excluded from future venues.

Now this is getting closer to providing some sort of understanding of why people don't want discussion to continue. But it does not explain why the thread should be closed. If those who talk will be denied, that is their problem. If, as you say, those who don't talk are not in danger, then those who want the thread closed should just not talk. No?

Thank you and I sgree to your statement.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
While I have not spoken to him directly about this thread, I know he is aware that there are somewhat lengthy discussions going on elswhere and he doesn't seem to be doing anything about those or being bothered by them (and I did have a conversation with him about that).

While I have not spoken to him directly about this thread, I know he is aware that there are somewhat lengthy discussions going on elswhere and he doesn't seem to be doing anything about those or being bothered by them (and I did have a conversation with him about that).
Maybe he's a bit chill about it nowadays. Go back a couple of years and it was a big no-no to mention "it", or "him"...

Now this is getting closer to providing some sort of understanding of why people don't want discussion to continue. But it does not explain why the thread should be closed. If those who talk will be denied, that is their problem. If, as you say, those who don't talk are not in danger, then those who want the thread closed should just not talk. No?
Actually what I meant was that there are some people that end up giving out too much information, so that it'll be easier to find the spot.

It doesn't have to be about fear of LE showing up after having read a thread here on UG, it's also about some people showing up at the spot who don't know how to keep their mouths shut. I know some promoters having gotten into trouble because someone showed up with a guest who had a big mouth, and through him LE got wind of the scope of things, and well, you get the picture.

So it's not about me personally getting banned from a venue, of course as long as I shut up that's not a problem, it's about others talking too much to too many people and word finally ending up at the wrong ear and then we all loose something....

know what I mean?

But if he's cool with it I'm cool with it. I'm not trying to moderate or anything, just relaying what I was told by him personally a while ago.

Actually what I meant was that there are some people that end up giving out too much information, so that it'll be easier to find the spot.

It doesn't have to be about fear of LE showing up after having read a thread here on UG, it's also about some people showing up at the spot who don't know how to keep their mouths shut. I know some promoters having gotten into trouble because someone showed up with a guest who had a big mouth, and through him LE got wind of the scope of things, and well, you get the picture.

So it's not about me personally getting banned from a venue, of course as long as I shut up that's not a problem, it's about others talking too much to too many people and word finally ending up at the wrong ear and then we all loose something....

know what I mean?

But if he's cool with it I'm cool with it. I'm not trying to moderate or anything, just relaying what I was told by him personally a while ago.
I know exacly what you mean. But why this spot is different in that regard from the many others (underground or not) that are discussed here is what I don't get.

Wow, didn't know I would start such a whle thing with what I thought was a VERY vague post, correct me if I'm wrong, but other then the floor, was there anymore location info given out? If anyone can find it withthe info I gave, that'd be a damn miracle. Bowing to what you guys have said. I will no longer post about this place, I just wanted to see if any UG'ers have been there, I thought it'd be harmless with the lack of location details. Notice to the all mighty moderator, just shut the thread if it is causing so much trouble.... So much for trying to provide for the community...

purps: I think it is a legit issue since the proprietor makes it clear that he doesn't want ANY discussion on internet boards, even "private" one's. but you have to know the history of what he knows about some supposedly "private boards", and what he really cares about, etc. And i might have thought the same way a while back, except that a) we have had some pretty specific discussions with him in the past, and b) there are current;y discussions going on other places like this one. I think he has changed his views somewhat, but not made that public because he doesn't want a bunch of idiots to take it as license to post the type of stuff he DOESN'T want posted.

He definitely reads UG, and definitely has a bunch of our phone numbers and other ways to contact us (and has in the past) if he sees anything (plus there are always the same type of boneheads who have to run to girls and point out things which they shouldn't/doesn't do them any good to see because the guys think they will get some sort of "special treatment" as a result who tell him things are posted here, usually WAY overstating what was actually posted, which only makes them look like bigger boneheads to everyone. there are a number of guys who "fell off" the UG party list as a result.)

Whatever guys - moderators should have all our emails and maybe do more to get to know the unverified. I know I'm not proposing how to do that one but my friends who work at silver cup in LIC used to go to HLDC. I know they can keep their mouths shut and would also be interested in this. I think there has to be a strategy for outreaching to folks (like me) who have taken time to put themselves out there, post about an experience or two (or more) and connect. Sorry I don't have an answer on how but I just want to throw that out there. I like the board. I like clubs. And I like to party afterwards.