Signal Blockers

Guy form online site mentioned use of a signal blocker
The smallest one has no built in battery but is plugged in the cig lighter deep inside the center console or the glove compt. The range is only within the radius of the car. Blocks GPS and cell phone networks.

There are others with a bit more range, e.g. maybe the size of a hotel room.

Sounds like a good thing to have when mongering.

The obvious use is to maintain your privacy.

Another use that comes to mind is to prevent interruptions where your provider wants to answer a customer call in the middle of your session.

anyone here use such a device?

If so do tell: model, range, performance, cost.

Guy form online site mentioned use of a signal blocker
The smallest one has no built in battery but is plugged in the cig lighter deep inside the center console or the glove compt. The range is only within the radius of the car. Blocks GPS and cell phone networks.

There are others with a bit more range, e.g. maybe the size of a hotel room.

Sounds like a good thing to have when mongering.

The obvious use is to maintain your privacy.

Another use that comes to mind is to prevent interruptions where your provider wants to answer a customer call in the middle of your session.

anyone here use such a device?

If so do tell: model, range, performance, cost.
I've used it on the LIRR when dealing with the loud obnoxious callers... they work well enough in close limited range areas. Once the call drops enough they give up.

They've never caught on it was a fellow commuter messing up their call, they just assume it's a network issue

The blockers I have seen mentioned were to block 'black boxes' in automobiles that track the driver's location, route and speed.
Those are intended to block GPS reception within a short range; not sure about blocking cel service or WiFi. Further reading shows there are blockers for GSM 2G and 3G cell phones, GPS L1/Glonass L1, Bluetooth, and VHF Lojack.

I can understand wanting to block your worker's phone or block yourself from being tracked during the paid hour of monger service,
but I wouldn't want to get in the habit of blocking the mamasan's phone as collateral damage.

blackbox beater.jpeg

I've heard of homes with security cameras being robbed with no video being taken as the wifi signal was blocked.
Yup, and thats why my system is old school with copper. And even if you defeat the window/door magnets somehow you still have to get past the motion detectors. If you cut the cable there is still a loud siren that will alert my neighbors.

Was at big theatre recently for a musical & it was apparent they had nuked the building. Before showtime signal was fine up until the curtains dropped and the no video or photo policy kicked in. No signal for anyone then at intermission back and act ii nuked us all again.
Some big artists use them to during concerts to nuke audience to focus on the show. All for it.

Was at big theatre recently for a musical & it was apparent they had nuked the building. Before showtime signal was fine up until the curtains dropped and the no video or photo policy kicked in. No signal for anyone then at intermission back and act ii nuked us all again.
Some big artists use them to during concerts to nuke audience to focus on the show. All for it.
It's illegal for starters (FCC law).
Also, there are most likely people in the audience, who will put their phones on vibrate only, who must remain in contact, for example MD's, emergency workers, etc.

Did they nuke your wifi/ cell signals?

Technology wise it can be done, however legally no one can, jam signals, even on your own private property or events. Doing so would attract the attention of the various alphabet agencies. As it is entirely illegal to even have the equipment, let alone run (without a very specific grant from the FCC itself, even federal law enforcement agencies need this approval (and they get it, in a case by case basis))

Apple long ago in 2011 built in a "concert" preventer that a particular series of infrared signals disables all cameras.
https://thesparkreport.com/apple-to-block-iphone-photography-video-recording-at-concerts/

There was quite an uproar in the libertarian communities with police getting ahold of this code sequence and using it to deter people from collecting evidence of police misconduct and crimes.

And much like the issue of the NYPD's misuse of backscatter x-ray vans and their and the various alphabet agencies useage of the "man in the middle" surveillance that they use to "fabricate" evidence aka parallel construction to get warrants falsely issued... it disappeared out of the news quickly, though it is still is ongoing.