Ironies

Agreed.

For kicks pop in to Walmart and take a look at the people shopping to see the results of not "blinking". I'd like to have the contract for maintaining the fleet of motorized shopping carts they have there.

Just to give you an idea on what it takes to burn off a 2000 calorie meal: if you are a 180 lb guy and do a modest speed run (10 min mile) you will burn around 125-150 cal/mile. Use 150.
So a happy meal w/burger will require just over 13 miles. That's 1/2 a marathon.
For a 2800 cal steak that's almost 19 miles (or 28 sessions of sex ). Maybe you have a side and a beverage.

So the steak meal is pretty much a full days calories for a reasonably active guy, i.e., a guy who doesn't sit at a desk job.
After that the calorie surplus from breakfast, lunch and maybe a snack goes directly into fat stores in this example, i.e., you get fatter.

So do as the Japanese do (non-sumo wresters anyway) and use a couple of thin slices to enjoy the flavor.
Somewhat misleading here. Not disputing your facts, BUT that same 180lb. man who performs "moderate" activity throughout a normal day will burn over 2,000 calories JUST performing living functions like digesting, chewing, breathing, etc.

There is absolutely something to be said about moderating what you eat, but an occasional steak like the one pictured along with eating smart throughout the rest of that day is not always detrimental to diet or your weight. Saturated fat content, way it is prepared, and "empty calories" are all side factors not considered in your statement when comparing this to greasy/fried fast food.

Somewhat misleading here. Not disputing your facts, BUT that same 180lb. man who performs "moderate" activity throughout a normal day will burn over 2,000 calories JUST performing living functions like digesting, chewing, breathing, etc......
Yup.
So why would you want to consume all your daily calories needs with a single Happy Meal w/burger even if you are going to eat smart the rest of the day. Even worse consume a 16oz steak (an 800 calorie surplus over daily needs ).
That's all that is being addressed.