2022-23 NY Knicks

Watching tonight's game. Don't see all the " hype" that they are good. Maybe the 2nd half?
They played lousy defense for 3 quarters. There are 30 teams in the NBA, we are use to the Knickerbockers having the worse or second worse record in the league, they now have the tenth best record in the league. That gives me hope that they are finally on the right path so I'll get on the bandwagon now and enjoy the ride up instead of waiting till they get there.

They played lousy defense for 3 quarters. There are 30 teams in the NBA, we are use to the Knickerbockers having the worse or second worse record in the league, they now have the tenth best record in the league. That gives me hope that they are finally on the right path so I'll get on the bandwagon now and enjoy the ride up instead of waiting till they get there.
If you are a fan, that’s all you can do.

They lost to one of the best team's in the Western Conference with two future HOFs. Both teams shot extremely well, except Barrett, who's poor performance is the blame for the loss. It still took a desperado three at the buzzer by the Clippers to send the game to OT. The Knicks came back from 15 down in the fourth quarter. They seem to be a better team when they are down as opposed to having a lead.

The Knicks are a very good team and will continue to improve barring further injuries. They will be either the sixth or seventh seed when the regular season concludes.

Good luck the rest of the way,never said I didn't want them to win, just said I didn't think they were that good...an opinion. Watched a few games ,that's enough for me.Hope they lock up that 7 seed!

Basketball isn't fun for me to watch anymore. Was a huge Patrick Ewing fan from his days at Georgetown and in NY. Don't like the way the game is now. Liked the big man in the middle,the true center,teams playing defense,not taking threes so much. Don't like the way the game is today.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Basketball isn't fun for me to watch anymore. Was a huge Patrick Ewing fan from his days at Georgetown and in NY. Don't like the way the game is now. Liked the big man in the middle,the true center,teams playing defense,not taking threes so much. Don't like the way the game is today.
There is a lot that is wrong with the game today, for me starting with the players, the elite players anyway, having too much say in where they play and what coach they want to play for.

Wait. You put Ewing as a true center?
Ewing was a power forward in a centers body and played more like a small forward. He played out the rim. He could never win a big game. He wasn’t a good team mate on the Knicks. He was a “ ME “ player not a team player. I remember one year, first game of the season we won and he was interviewed saying he needs to get the ball more. They won the fucking game.
Then, the part I will never forget is when he sued the Knicks to try to get out of his contract. His contract stated that he had to be one of the top five highest paid players in the league. Larry Bird had bonuses that leapfrogged Ewing in salary and Ewing took the Knicks to court to try to nullify his contract. Well he lost.
One other thing. At that time I was friends with a few of the Knicks and one of the Knicks players asked Ewing for an autograph for his nephew and Ewing responded that he does not give out autographs. Now my friend was a rookie on the Knicks and this guy said Ewing was just not a good guy. And those teams you were either a Mason guy or a Ewing guy. Because those two hated each other and they even had a fight on the plane.

Wait. You put Ewing as a true center?
Ewing was a power forward in a centers body and played more like a small forward. He played out the rim. He could never win a big game. He wasn’t a good team mate on the Knicks. He was a “ ME “ player not a team player. I remember one year, first game of the season we won and he was interviewed saying he needs to get the ball more. They won the fucking game.
Then, the part I will never forget is when he sued the Knicks to try to get out of his contract. His contract stated that he had to be one of the top five highest paid players in the league. Larry Bird had bonuses that leapfrogged Ewing in salary and Ewing took the Knicks to court to try to nullify his contract. Well he lost.
One other thing. At that time I was friends with a few of the Knicks and one of the Knicks players asked Ewing for an autograph for his nephew and Ewing responded that he does not give out autographs. Now my friend was a rookie on the Knicks and this guy said Ewing was just not a good guy. And those teams you were either a Mason guy or a Ewing guy. Because those two hated each other and they even had a fight on the plane.
Yeah your right...he sucked. But Randle is an all star lol

There is a lot that is wrong with the game today, for me starting with the players, the elite players anyway, having too much say in where they play and what coach they want to play for.
True billyS players getting coaches fired and wanting to form "superteams" never happened back then. Those guys disliked each other!