STD issues and discussion

This forum is so educational. I just contacted them and here's what they said in the event you test positive...
----
For your convenience, our clinicians offer consultation for positive STD test results through our service(Please note HSV2 recommends confirmation testing before consultation). If you are receiving medication as well, there is a $95 treatment fee for the issuance of the prescription. You will choose a time slot for the clinician to call when you submit our consultation form (which can be found in your secure online account). On the day of your appointment, you will receive a call from the clinician, who can call a prescription into the pharmacy of your choice.
-------

Any thoughts on where to get an STD/STI screening without it going through insurance in Nassau/Suffolk? What is the process?

How private is the process? If I end up showing as positive for something, will it be reported to my insurance?
Just go to a clinic in the city on Madison. I use them with my insurance and the doctor will give you a prescription if you test positive. No issue with the insurance company. I actually tested negative and the issue was a fungus infection which a prescription of cream took care of the issue in a couple of days. I back in action again. im not sure why people are concerned with using insurance. Do you know that I had my annual physical last year and the doctor did blood test for everything including std. So I’m at least getting tested once a year without asking as that is part of the annual checkup these days.

Just go to a clinic in the city on Madison. I use them with my insurance and the doctor will give you a prescription if you test positive. No issue with the insurance company. I actually tested negative and the issue was a fungus infection which a prescription of cream took care of the issue in a couple of days. I back in action again. im not sure why people are concerned with using insurance. Do you know that I had my annual physical last year and the doctor did blood test for everything including std. So I’m at least getting tested once a year without asking as that is part of the annual checkup these days.
The insurance can accidentally notify your spouse.

In college, I went to get tested and the insurance claim of services came back with the obscure code of "female pelvic exam", my mom was the head of department in a hospital so yeah, having to explain why I had a female pelvic exam, was a coding typo that had to be corrected [I am a male], and the reasons why I needed an exam...

I was exposed to clamidis once, went to Planned Parenthood. Took a pee test and walked out with a prophylactic pill pack. 100 buck cash. Called in a few days later to a negative test result. Super cool people there too.

I have insurance and do the same as you annually. Haven't ever tested positive yet! I am trying to establish how one would test and get treated more covertly.

@Monty_monty that must've been rough!!
Covertly then use the website labs, it will be quest or lab something . You put in your address and will give which locations are available by you. Pay with credit card and go to lab. Test sample taken and results are on the portal a few days later. If positive you will be given a doctor to chat online and he will sent prescription to your pharmacy. I used this in the past when I didn’t have insurance

.... im not sure why people are concerned with using insurance. Do you know that I had my annual physical last year and the doctor did blood test for everything including std.
Couple things;
Monthly insurance summaries come to my house for SO and me.

My SO is health proxy for me (as I amfor her) She gets a summary sheet of everything I'm on, test results, etc, while I am waking up from my colonoscopies.
I am mid 70's. Not sure if my MD thinks I need an STD test.

Couple things;
Monthly insurance summaries come to my house for SO and me.

My SO is health proxy for me (as I amfor her) She gets a summary sheet of everything I'm on, test results, etc, while I am waking up from my colonoscopies.
I am mid 70's. Not sure if my MD thinks I need an STD test.
The "2nd" [some studies indicate it might be the most the at risk age group for being infected and transmission], highest risk group for STD positive rates are the over 70 cohorts... 2 reasons they tend to not discuss sex with their doctor [which means doctors assume it isn't occuring], or hiding from the spouse who has no/ low libido and their adult children which again prevents testing and treatment; and anyways there is in all likelihood not going to be the m medical issue that it is in your youth [not many worried about being sterilized over 70 year olds, etc]

On your std tests: they don't test for herpes unless you specifically tell them to.
I just went for my yearly physical and all I told my doctor is that I also want to get checked for STD’s. When they gave me my prescription for blood and urine testing I looked on the tests ordered section and it had Herpes Simplex 1&2 IGM along with Chlamydia GC Combo Amplification, HIV-1&2 antibodies and RPR(Syphilis).

I just went for my yearly physical and all I told my doctor is that I also want to get checked for STD’s. When they gave me my prescription for blood and urine testing I looked on the tests ordered section and it had Herpes Simplex 1&2 IGM along with Chlamydia GC Combo Amplification, HIV-1&2 antibodies and RPR(Syphilis).
I could never understand why they would test for something that just over half the population has been infected and where there is no curative treatment. Treatments are only for relieving symptoms; if you have symptoms of herpes you know you have herpes.

I am very cautious about disease. I had a possible Chlamydia scare a few months ago from facefucking a Filipina cutie raw. I did not originally plan on doing that but in the heat of the moment it was the best idea in the world - I made her gobble like a fucking turkey.

My dick hurt a little for a week, then it became more pronounced such that I could not ignore it. I took some azithromycin per NHS guidelines and I was better in a couple of days.

Aside from my SO, I will not be facefucking or anything else raw again!

Genius good point, that's exactly why they don't test for HSV. But you can have it and never once have symptoms. If you both went into married life without it, and she wakes up one day with her slot on fire... she might be stepping out on you, but the hobbyist in the couple is the more likely suspect. Personally I've given away houses to enough women already.

I'd at least want some lead time to GTFO before I woke up covered in gasoline. My 2 cents Bro!

Genius good point, that's exactly why they don't test for HSV. But you can have it and never once have symptoms. If you both went into married life without it, and she wakes up one day with her slot on fire... she might be stepping out on you, but the hobbyist in the couple is the more likely suspect. Personally I've given away houses to enough women already.

I'd at least want some lead time to GTFO before I woke up covered in gasoline. My 2 cents Bro!
FWIW, HPV is similar. I was exposed years ago. Never presented with me. None of my girlfriends after I was exposed got it or had to get treatment for it. My wife never got it. I've mentioned it every time I give blood, they wave it off. But what I know is a condom broke with a girl I was dating. Afterward, she told me that she had it, and had been treated for it, though she wasn't 'showing' it now. About 5 months later a gf told me she had gone to the doctor and had precancerous cells and had to have them removed. She never said they were HPV, but I tend to wonder if it was from me and my exposure. The only thing that leads me to say it wasn't is that a) I always warned whoever I was dating before we got down to business, and b) none of them ever got it (or at least none ever told me) and it's not like I was running around like a jackrabbit and ignoring them. It was way, way before I started mongering.

HPV, at least, has a vaccine now. That's to anyone's benefit to get, and I'd recommend it. I'll make a personal comment and say that when my children turned 13 the doctor recommended they get the HPV vaccine. I told him no. I would explain to my kids, and when they were of an age when they could make a reasonable decision, they could get it on their own. Naturally, at 13, they said "ew, no, that's so stupid". I do not like the pressure medical professional put on people for this kind of thing. And I come from a family of doctors (who agree).

That said, I do recommend for THIS forum that it's a worthwhile thing with or without condom.

One last point. I forget where I read it, not sure if it was this forum or one of the myriad others I frequent, but someone almost made a mocking joke about "who hasn't had an exposure to HPV?" Yup. It's pretty common. I remember having a conversation with a good friend and I casually mentioned my situation and she said "geez...hasn't everyone run into that?" Nope. They haven't. So it's always good to share information.

HPV, at least, has a vaccine now. That's to anyone's benefit to get, and I'd recommend it.
I would've wanted to get the vaccine when I was younger, but the approved age limit for it was 27. I was just a few years older back then. Well, looks like they've recently upped the age limit to 45, so I can _again_ not get it. I guess I'll check back again when I turn 70.