Apple Crumb Pie Rankings

Solid list and I am with you in rankings. Now what vanilla bean ice cream is your favorite to top it with? mine is Häagen-Dazs
I rarely have it with ice cream. I only keep coffee ice cream in the house as that is my favorite. My next two favorite ice creams are pistachio without the nuts and Krisch's peach.

White Post Farms apple crumb is fantastic! When the kids were small I looked forward to going there just for the pies! They would be HOT in the box stacked up by the registers as you left!

White Post Farms apple crumb is fantastic! When the kids were small I looked forward to going there just for the pies! They would be HOT in the box stacked up by the registers as you left!
Us locals call white post the Melville mint, ..... They print money in that place during the fall. You can't even drive down old country road from late September thru Halloween

The used to be a hole in the wall place called FOUR & TWENTY BLACKBIRDS PIE SHOP in Orient Village Business District (Business district consisted of a grand total of the pie shop, a tiny general store that doubled as the post office — you had to go down Village Lane off of Main Rd (Rt 25)just before you got to the Ferry). Girl with lots of tats and piercings ran the place. I think it had 2 tables inside and a picnic table outside. I would always stop in to/from ferry for pie and coffee. If you didn't know it was there you would never know about it. Alas, closed this year:(

Anyway they got the pies from FOUR & TWENTY BLACKBIRDS PIE SHOP 439 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11216. So evidently they trucked the pies 110 mile from Brooklyn to this place — very, very strange business model. If you are in the Brooklyn area (I'm never) stop in

Best pies I ever had. Coffee was always made fresh by the cup.

I always thought they had both locations and baked at both locations.
Place was kinda small (didn't even have a bathroom for customers — they told you that the Ferry building was just down the road and to use that) and I didn't see any facilities for baking pies, and in the many times I was there never smelled pies being baked or saw hot pies so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that baking wasn't done in Orient.
been a long time since I was there but I didn't know about the Brooklyn place and faintly remember them saying that was where pies were made ( I thought it odd).

Anyway, what made you think pies were produced in Orient?

Kinda moot as Orient Place is no more.

Place was kinda small (didn't even have a bathroom for customers — they told you that the Ferry building was just down the road and to use that) and I didn't see any facilities for baking pies, and in the many times I was there never smelled pies being baked or saw hot pies so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that baking wasn't done in Orient.
been a long time since I was there but I didn't know about the Brooklyn place and faintly remember them saying that was where pies were made ( I thought it odd).

Anyway, what made you think pies were produced in Orient?

Kinda moot as Orient Place is no more.
I just figured that transpo of pies could not be profitable. It definitely was small. Now thinking back I never smelled fresh baked pie either. Maybe baked off site out there? I just can't wrap my head around transpo from Brooklyn to orient being profitable in any way. But that could just be my own issue. Hahaha

......I just can't wrap my head around transport from Brooklyn to orient being profitable in any way. ......
I can't either.
I did post that they closed. go figure.

Was nice while it lasted. Taking the ferry was a little more pleasant when you brought a piece of their pie for the trip instead of the stuff that the ferry sold.