Favorite Deli Sandwich

No, it was a spot on Merrick road, south of Sunrise. I think corner of Merrick rd and something. I got a nice WOC I see from Freeport and she wanted to go to this place, said she has gone before.
It was packed, and a big place.
It sounds like that place on Long Beach road and Merrick. The border of rvc and oceanside.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yes! It was Long Beach Road and a right into their parking lot. I just googled it, place is called The Pantry Diner.
Chopped Cheese was dope, my girl had something called the brakey? She devoured it. Two good spots in that general area with the Atlantic Deli.
Ah the Pantry. I used to go there before it burnt down. It took them forever to rebuild and reopen. I wasn't impressed the few times I went to the new one but now with your review I might have to go back.

If you want to go to a TRUE throwback deli, visit Ardito's in Mineola (160 Jericho Tpke) on Jericho between Willis and Mineola Blvd, northside of Jericho. Its like going back in time but the bread/food are always fresh! My go-to is a roastbeef hero with fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers with mayo salt/pepper. I have had Italian combos that are fabulous as well. Enjoy!

If you want to go to a TRUE throwback deli, visit Ardito's in Mineola (160 Jericho Tpke) on Jericho between Willis and Mineola Blvd, northside of Jericho. Its like going back in time but the bread/food are always fresh! My go-to is a roastbeef hero with fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers with mayo salt/pepper. I have had Italian combos that are fabulous as well. Enjoy!
That sounds great!

I like Jersey Mike's, closest thing to the old Manhattan version of Blimpies, but I tried their Philly cheese steak and I was disappointed.
Tried it at the Freeport place as I watched mongers going in and out of the AMP across the street.

Maybe because I'm picky about my philly cheese steaks but I thought the bread was stale.
Time for a run to Philly for the real thing.

This week had The Godfather at @billyS spot - Atlantic Deli in Freeport. I have a nice cold cut hero maybe once a month and since he told me about it this place has been my go to. There are not many straight forward good old school deli’s left this is one of them.
My other deli when im in the Farmingdale area is Petes Deli.
Ferring Deli in Baldwin is one like that. Very good sandwiches, soups and salads.
Beck’s and Otto’s in Wantagh are also really good.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ferring Deli in Baldwin is one like that. Very good sandwiches, soups and salads.
Beck’s and Otto’s in Wantagh are also really good.
I've been to Ferring Deli, actually had breakfast there about a month ago and it was very good. Was highly recommended to me by a friend. Right next door to Touch of Italy where I've been known to stop in for a slice and enjoy the parade of fine WOCs coming and going.

Otto's in Wantagh? Is that on Park Ave right over the bridge of the Wantagh Parkway? If it is I used to buy lunch there about 40 years ago when I worked in the area.

I've been to Ferring Deli, actually had breakfast there about a month ago and it was very good. Was highly recommended to me by a friend. Right next door to Touch of Italy where I've been known to stop in for a slice and enjoy the parade of fine WOCs coming and going.

There usually are quite a few WOC bopping in and out of Ferring.

Otto's in Wantagh? Is that on Park Ave right over the bridge of the Wantagh Parkway? If it is I used to buy lunch there about 40 years ago when I worked in the area.
Otto’s WAS on Park Ave, down by the tennis center, and it was there for years. About ten years ago, they moved into town, into a strip mall at the corner of Wantagh Ave and Park Ave.
Beck’s is on Wantagh Ave itself, and is across from the McDonald’s at the RR Station. Both are fantastic Delis with fresh homemade salads and soups. Not the “Tub-O-Salad” you find in many others.
One of the things I miss about Long Island.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Otto’s WAS on Park Ave, down by the tennis center, and it was there for years. About ten years ago, they moved into town, into a strip mall at the corner of Wantagh Ave and Park Ave.
Beck’s is on Wantagh Ave itself, and is across from the McDonald’s at the RR Station. Both are fantastic Delis with fresh homemade salads and soups. Not the “Tub-O-Salad” you find in many others.
One of the things I miss about Long Island.
I remember going into Becks also.
Thanks for info!

There is a deli in Williamsburg I like to go to when I am Brooklyn late night. Its called Hana Food on Metropolitan.
They even have ridiculous UG approved sandwich names like:
M.I.L.F Revenge, My GF is a Whore, Cheap Bastard, Douche Bag, Still a Virgin, Crazy Bitch, Drunkin’ Asshole, Munch on My Box and Sexy Teacher.
The M.I.L.F Revenge is my go to.

An old deli in Sayville/Bayport area made a "Black Forest"... roast beef, on Italian hero bread, with garlic butter, mozzarella cheese, BBQ sauce and bacon

Also love the Blimpie Best, with extra Oil and Vinegar... something no one else seems to recreate.

Crickets, in Sayville before they closed made a "Tex-Mex" sandwich, which was French Dip, with Jalapeños, and cheddar cheese.

I went to this sandwhich shop in Hauppauge called Capriottis last week. I got the American Wagyu Cheesesteak with Golden sauce. It was delicious! The large was also 18" hero, thing was massive. Thats there first LI location. Second LI location to open in Selden then they are headed out toward Nassau the gentleman behind the counter told me. Looked it up, they also have 2 locations in NYC. But keep an eye out for one. Definitely a sick sandwich shop!

An old deli in Sayville/Bayport area made a "Black Forest"... roast beef, on Italian hero bread, with garlic butter, mozzarella cheese, BBQ sauce and bacon

Also love the Blimpie Best, with extra Oil and Vinegar... something no one else seems to recreate.

Crickets, in Sayville before they closed made a "Tex-Mex" sandwich, which was French Dip, with Jalapeños, and cheddar cheese.
“Also love the Blimpie Best, with extra Oil and Vinegar... something no one else seems to recreate.”

Blimpies is a great nostalgic sub taste.