2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Seems to me that a lot more base hits this year vs swinging for the fences previous years .
IKF and Trevino give the offense a different look. Rizzo has 20 homers and a low BA but that's deceptive because he is actually a good situational hitter. Same with DJ.
Sanchez and Voit leaving was addition by subtraction.
Torres has changed his approach back to his pre 38 homer year.

IKF and Trevino give the offense a different look. Rizzo has 20 homers and a low BA but that's deceptive because he is actually a good situational hitter. Same with DJ.
Sanchez and Voit leaving was addition by subtraction.
Torres has changed his approach back to his pre 38 homer year.
Rizzo also walks quite a bit which brings up his OBP by over .100 points.

pokler

Power Bottom
He said a few years ago he won't go to certain cities he doesn't like, Detroit was the first one on that list.
He also doesn't want to travel as much because of his radio show.
And they still gave him a huge contract. We'll deserved even with the contingencies as he's the true voice of the Yankees .

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think their priority at the deadline has to be a left-handed hitting outfielder.
I starting to rethink this.
Maybe a stud starter. I saw where Severino and Cortez both are already close to their innings limit.

Nestor is already showing signs of slowing down and being over exposed.
The difference between the two is Sevi has natural nasty stuff while Nestor relies on deception.

If we can get Montes or Castro we can use Sevi and Nestor as a piggyback start for a while.

I starting to rethink this.
Maybe a stud starter. I saw where Severino and Cortez both are already close to their innings limit.

Nestor is already showing signs of slowing down and being over exposed.
The difference between the two is Sevi has natural nasty stuff while Nestor relies on deception.

If we can get Montes or Castro we can use Sevi and Nestor as a piggyback start for a while.
Montas looked great at stadium, reports are they talking to Reds about Castillo.
They need at least 2 bats at this point. Donaldson is AWFUL! He is constantly 0-2, 1-2 - His at bat in 6th inning yesterday was atrocious. Swung at a ball 2 feet out of the zone. Carpenter is turning into the 36 year old pumpkin, his at bat in the 9th was even worse.

The offense as a whole has been terrible the last month, with the exception of a few big outburst. Not what you want to see, that is the kind of inconsistency that will get them bounced in playoffs against great pitching.

Lets face it, Houston owns them (and the Mets) they are formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.