Best Italian Restaurant in NYC (inspired by the "Italian Deli" thread)

Also while not in NYC, can’t leave King Umberto in Elmont. Has to be one of the better offerings in the the area. No other Italian restaurant on the island can even hold a flame IMO.
If you want more American casual Italian and a good deal in Suffolk I suggest Mamas in Copiague. Monday’s are pasta night and Thursday’s Chicken night.

When I worked in the Bronx years ago, the union bigs would go up to Arthur Ave. I’d tag along since I was part of the union in crowd (and I ate and drank for free..) Enzo’s , Dominicks, Patricia’s of Morris Park or tremont . All excellent places to eat.

When I worked in the Bronx years ago, the union bigs would go up to Arthur Ave. I’d tag along since I was part of the union in crowd (and I ate and drank for free..) Enzo’s , Dominicks, Patricia’s of Morris Park or tremont . All excellent places to eat.
Never been to AA…
Would one compare the ‘ambiance’ to Little Italy?

Zero Otto Nove on Arthur Ave deserves a shout out. Same owner as Robertos around the corner...where Joe Torre used to go after Yankee Home games. New kid on the block as far as Arthur is concerned, but excellent food.

Here's my list of favorites:
Buon Amici in White Plains
Dominicks, Bronx
Pine Tavern, Bronx
Carmines, Manhattan
Parkside, Corona
King Umberto's, Elmont
Umberto's, New Hyde Park
Filomena's, Franklin Square
Mio Posto, Long Beach
Matteo's, Bellmore
Gino's, Rockville Centre - OK, it's a pizzeria but they have some pasta dishes that I really like and the pizza is good too.

Although not the best, just finished a great meal at Parkside in Corona. There is something to be said about the ambiance, history and of course, the homemade wine.
Nice to revisit the place after a years downtime — Love to people watch here as well… Nothing beats looking at a made up queens or brooklyn eye candy too :)
Don’t let Tony hear you say it’s not the best.

When I was a kid we lived off of Morris Park and my father would take us to AA for pizza at the Half Moon Pizzeria. Now it looks like there is only a Full Moon Pizzeria there.