Hobbies During The Corona Crunch

The gym, reading and nature
Eating right, sleeping right and thinking right and we’ll pussy. Pandemic don’t change the greatest addiction of all... smashing broads into headboards.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If you’re into real life mysteries, Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel on Netflix is awesome. So is Night Stalker, Hunt for a Serial Killer. LA is one fucked up town!!
I get the feeling a lot of the Cecil Hotel stuff is ginned up. For example many have made claims about links to the Black Dahlia case when there aren't actually any.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Hobbies??? hmmm

The one hobby I haven’t picked up is watching any TV or movies or shows or anything that black box produces...

When I do get to go home, I am going to hike the Appalachian Trail for 3-4 weeks. I’m so excited. During all this corona stuff, I started doing day hikes here and there and now it’s time for a real challenge. I’ve been ordering gear and food for the last two months and should be able to get on the trail soon.

When I get back, I guess I’ll need to enlist the help of gorilla glue tape for the bikini wax that will be long overdue o_O

Hobbies??? hmmm

The one hobby I haven’t picked up is watching any TV or movies or shows or anything that black box produces...

When I do get to go home, I am going to hike the Appalachian Trail for 3-4 weeks. I’m so excited. During all this corona stuff, I started doing day hikes here and there and now it’s time for a real challenge. I’ve been ordering gear and food for the last two months and should be able to get on the trail soon.

When I get back, I guess I’ll need to enlist the help of gorilla glue tape for the bikini wax that will be long overdue o_O
we only have two real elevated trails on the island. The cold spring harbor trail and the jaynes hill/mt. Misery which I recommend both if you haven’t already.

we only have two real elevated trails on the island. The cold spring harbor trail and the jaynes hill/mt. Misery which I recommend both if you haven’t already.
Note that the cold spring harbor trail can be very challenging especially if you're not in good shape. It's a good idea to have a trekking pole (or 2) of some sort especially on steep spots that can be slippery (either from leaves underfoot, or loose soil or wetness). And do not even think of wearing sneakers. If you take it do not overdress as you will quickly overheat. My recommendation, if you’ve never been there before, is to dress as if you were going for a long run on flat trails — except with hiking shoes/boots instead of running shoes. Think thin layers (that you can peel off) instead of a single heavier jacket or coat.

Although it's a State Park, there are no bathroom facilities although there is a path down to the CSH library that has facilities in the back or you can go around the front and go inside the library and there are facilities inside.

Especially during the winter with no leaves on the trees there or some spectacular views of the harbor when you get to some of the higher spots.

FWIW, I was in LIDL last fall and they sometimes have some odd specials (that quickly sell out) that you don't associate with a food market. I bought a pair if trekking poles for $20. Absolutely outstanding at any price, charts included on how to adjust length for your height and arm length.
Just got today's flier and they have them back in the weekly special section.

When you're done take a walk into town and stop at Sweetie Pies (maybe 1/2 mi from the park entrance) for excellent coffee and snacks. There are tables/chairs widely separated out back and away from the street.

Latest kick ass series I’ve spent many hours viewing is The Animal Planet.
Series 1 is so so but 2 & 3 are really good. Still have season 4 to go. Prime video.

Note that the cold spring harbor trail can be very challenging especially if you're not in good shape. It's a good idea to have a trekking pole (or 2) of some sort especially on steep spots that can be slippery (either from leaves underfoot, or loose soil or wetness). And do not even think of wearing sneakers. If you take it do not overdress as you will quickly overheat. My recommendation, if you’ve never been there before, is to dress as if you were going for a long run on flat trails — except with hiking shoes/boots instead of running shoes. Think thin layers (that you can peel off) instead of a single heavier jacket or coat.

Although it's a State Park, there are no bathroom facilities although there is a path down to the CSH library that has facilities in the back or you can go around the front and go inside the library and there are facilities inside.

Especially during the winter with no leaves on the trees there or some spectacular views of the harbor when you get to some of the higher spots.

FWIW, I was in LIDL last fall and they sometimes have some odd specials (that quickly sell out) that you don't associate with a food market. I bought a pair if trekking poles for $20. Absolutely outstanding at any price, charts included on how to adjust length for your height and arm length.
Just got today's flier and they have them back in the weekly special section.

When you're done take a walk into town and stop at Sweetie Pies (maybe 1/2 mi from the park entrance) for excellent coffee and snacks. There are tables/chairs widely separated out back and away from the street.
Did the CSH trail today with some buddies. Like you said pretty steep in spots and lots of roots and stones to avoid. Wasn't much of a challenge for me but my friends were huffing and puffing. The sun was hot so the shade felt good. Only negative was on a steep decline the pebbles under my shoes gave out and I ended up on my ass. Maybe I'll use an old pair of golf shoes I have with ceramic spikes the next time.

Did the CSH trail today with some buddies. Like you said pretty steep in spots and lots of roots and stones to avoid. Wasn't much of a challenge for me but my friends were huffing and puffing. The sun was hot so the shade felt good. Only negative was on a steep decline the pebbles under my shoes gave out and I ended up on my ass. Maybe I'll use an old pair of golf shoes I have with ceramic spikes the next time.
Get yourself a hiking pole. They come with various tips based on surface such as dirt, rocks, snow, etc. Very important when lots of slippery leaves on the ground. I use the pointed steel tip (comes with an attached rubber cover that snaps onto the tip for storage). Has a strap and rubber hand grip. Very important on steep declines as tripod (2 legs and the pole) is much more stable than bipod. Also less tiring on your legs on steep incline as I use my arm power to supplement my legs.
I got mine at Lidl for 20 bucks for the pair. Couldn't believe it when I saw them as German made, high quality pole. Collapses down to nothing that you can leave in your car and comes with instructions on how to set up (number markings on each section) based on your height and height of your arm pit to ground. They sold out immediately and every once in a while they get them in again. I only need 1 on the trail and it makes the inclines and declines much safer. I use hiking shoes with ankle support.

2nd best 20 bucks I ever spent (well there was this SW I picked up maybe 10 years ago and.......)

Ps. next time you are on the trail take a look at who has a hiking pole and who doesn't. Probably 19 out of 20 will be Asians for some reason.