2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
What do you guys think happens when Severino cones back? They won't go to a 6- man rotation. Who is the odd man out? Unfortunately these things work themselves out...by then someone else would probably be hurt.
All things being equal probably German goes to the bullpen and they piggy back him when Severino starts.
The others have never pitched out of the company.

Who says Severino is going to be good right off the bat. If you use Montgomery as an example he won't return to form until next year. German is pitching good right now as are all the Yankee pitchers. It's the only reason they are winning. I heard Michael Kay last night say that the Yanks batting average with runners in scoring position is .200, worse than the 81 Mets .207 which is the all time worse.

Hicks going for an MRI on a sore wrist
Torres out minimum 10 days with the positive test
You have Andujar and Ford at the corners tonight.....yikes

I have to think by the All Star Break this team will look different. Just a total mish mosh of parts not working and parts they don't know what to do with.

Tuned into the Yankees game during the 4th inning. Saw the score was 4 nothing and knew the game was over. And that's with the other team throwing a 41 yr old pitcher with a 5.17 ERA. He pitches 6and 2/3rds and only gives up 3 hit with 9 Ks. Pathetic!!! Never have I counted out a Yankee team before the 9th inning.

Tuned into the Yankees game during the 4th inning. Saw the score was 4 nothing and knew the game was over. And that's with the other team throwing a 41 yr old pitcher with a 5.17 ERA. He pitches 6and 2/3rds and only gives up 3 hit with 9 Ks. Pathetic!!! Never have I counted out a Yankee team before the 9th inning.
They always do this it’s such an embarrassment. You can’t hit a 41 year old and this Jameson project isn’t working thus far. Reminds of Nathan evoldi nothing seems to be coming together all at once for him.

Hicks going for an MRI on a sore wrist
Torres out minimum 10 days with the positive test
You have Andujar and Ford at the corners tonight.....yikes

I have to think by the All Star Break this team will look different. Just a total mish mosh of parts not working and parts they don't know what to do with.
Torres might comeback sooner since some weird shit with him having both the anti bodies (he has it before) and being fully vaccinated.

After King gave up the three run blast to go down 7-0, I switched back to the Knicks who were down 16 in the third quarter. Spurs hit their first 12 shots to begin the third. I turned the TV off and called it a night only to find out that the Knicks came back and won the game clinching a playoff spot.

If Severino were to come back today I think Taillon would be sent packing. German is pitching WAAAAAY better than Taillon. And LIke someone else said --- It usually takes a year after coming back from TJ to get back to form. Right now Cole is the best, then Kluber, Monty, German then Taillon. It will be at least a month maybe two before Severino is ready to come back. Let's see where everybody is when the time comes.

If Severino were to come back today I think Taillon would be sent packing. German is pitching WAAAAAY better than Taillon. And LIke someone else said --- It usually takes a year after coming back from TJ to get back to form. Right now Cole is the best, then Kluber, Monty, German then Taillon. It will be at least a month maybe two before Severino is ready to come back. Let's see where everybody is when the time comes.
Let’s cut Taillon some slack. He is a longer term project due to his two TJ surgeries and cancer survival. He was not sharp last night but he did strike out nine batters in less than five innings. His progress will be a slow one and the Yankees are committed to him.

I know you were around during the Horace Clarke/Ruben Amaro years!

I think the Stump Merrill/Bucky Dent Yankees were the worst teams in Yankee history - at least in my lifetime. I was a bit young during the Horace Clark years.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think the Stump Merrill/Bucky Dent Yankees were the worst teams in Yankee history - at least in my lifetime. I was a bit young during the Horace Clark years.
I started following them in the Horace Clarke years so I saw both.
The HC teams had better pitching led by a true ace in Mel Stottlemeyer.
I refer to the Stump years as the Mel Hall years because I thought it was a disgrace he was batting clean up with 18 homers.
The pitching was horrible too.
But that team rebounded quicker, by the mid 90's they were great.
From 1968 it took until 1976 to win a division.

In the early 70's I was a big Bobby Murcer fan. Then they traded him and I was forced to see my first Yankee game at Shea while they were rebuilding Yankee Stadium. Dark days indeed!

billyS

Reign of Terror
In the early 70's I was a big Bobby Murcer fan. Then they traded him and I was forced to see my first Yankee game at Shea while they were rebuilding Yankee Stadium. Dark days indeed!
I went to Shea quite a lot to see the Yankees those two years. 1974-75.
Some memorable games.

Murcer was one of my favorites too but look at it his way;
We traded him even up for Bobby Bonds
One year later we flipped Bonds for Mickey Rivers and Ed Figueroa. Both had just had breakout years with the Angels and we got the best three years of their careers and both were key players on the Championship teams.

Torn tendon sheath for Hicks, surgery possible if meds don't help. WOULD be out awhile.
Florial promoted to AAA

Ohh and Stanton has a sore/tight quad, must be all those outfield reps he takes pregame.

Great game last night. Listen we all know Stanton and Hicks will miss time during the year. Hicks has NEVER ... I REPEAT ... NEVER played a full season. There is no reason to think that he will. Stanton has played a full season. The fact that he has leg issues as a DH is just crazy. Yankees have to rethink their lineup. You can't keep trotting out 150 hitting players everyday. Voit and Andujar can get a little more time. Especially Voit - he's too good not to come around. However - If this keeps up with Frazier, Hicks and Gardner - time to try Florial, Andujar - anybody else in the OF.

Status
Not open for further replies.