Burner Phones

Gonna go out tomorrow and look into one of these? Wheres the best place to go and whats the cheapest deal usually? Is going to walmart and getting a minutes plan a good idea?

Will I have to give out any kind of info? Can I use cash to pay for phone and to add mins?

Thanks for help!

Gonna go out tomorrow and look into one of these? Wheres the best place to go and whats the cheapest deal usually? Is going to walmart and getting a minutes plan a good idea?

Will I have to give out any kind of info? Can I use cash to pay for phone and to add mins?

Thanks for help!
Many places sell them, Target, WalMart, Best Buy, to name a few. I didn't have to supply anything other than the cash for the price charged. Minutes are like any other product and you can buy using cash. Minutes are sold almost everywhere, e.g., you can even buy minutes where phones aren't sold such as home depot, supermarkets, etc.

If your using the burner just for mongering, minutes plan is the way to go. Even before COVID, when I mongered 3X a week, 90/$20 every 3 months was more than enough.

Note that some stores have cameras everywhere including at the checkout, but I don't know how long they keep the recordings and not a problem when wearing a mask and sunglasses.

I doubt if that is even technologically possible with the model burner I have.
W/O compromising your cousin can you give some details such as phone model and why they wanted to remotely turn on his phone?
How did authorities know who manufactured your cousin's phone?
I don't see how, even with a subpoena, it can be accessed as the manufacturers don't have back door in w/o a pin, and you can not be required to tell them the pin (5th amendment: self-incrimination). Of course they physically get the phone and try to crack the pin but after a couple of tries I thought the phone locks up.

Also
I'm sure you Jitterbug flip phone is safe.

It was a newer, non apple smart phone. He was trying to "disappear" but the government / authorities wanted to find him. I know that my carrier knows what model phone I have. So, if the authorities have search warrants for your phone, clouds, and anything else you can get from a search warrant or subpoena to a phone company.
Just like on a new car you can start it remotely, you can turn on his non apple smart phone remotely. Not sure how but it happened.

The government has numerous programs that can hack a pin on ANY smart phone as long as it is kept turned on. That is why now when you get arrested and they want your phone info, they will turn phone on to airplane mode so you cannot remotely wipe it.

I'm sure you Jitterbug flip phone is safe.

It was a newer, non apple smart phone. He was trying to "disappear" but the government / authorities wanted to find him. I know that my carrier knows what model phone I have. So, if the authorities have search warrants for your phone, clouds, and anything else you can get from a search warrant or subpoena to a phone company.
Just like on a new car you can start it remotely, you can turn on his non apple smart phone remotely. Not sure how but it happened.

The government has numerous programs that can hack a pin on ANY smart phone as long as it is kept turned on. That is why now when you get arrested and they want your phone info, they will turn phone on to airplane mode so you cannot remotely wipe it.
You may want to read :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute

With newer iphones (>5's) 10 tries and you're out with the pin.

Also, to unlock a phone remotely someone has to know where the phone is. That is accomplished by the phone pinging the tower. I don't know enough about the design of smartphones to know if when the phone is "off" that it still periodically pings to the nearby tower. Since "find my phone" doesn't find the phone when the phone is off, I doubt there is any pinging going on.

The car remote start is a completely different process. There is a receiver in the car that is powered by the car's battery (uses a tiny bit of energy) and is always on as long as the battery has a charge. Thus you can unlock the doors or remote start the car from a fob.

You may want to read :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute

With newer iphones (>5's) 10 tries and you're out with the pin.

Also, to unlock a phone remotely someone has to know where the phone is. That is accomplished by the phone pinging the tower. I don't know enough about the design of smartphones to know if when the phone is "off" that it still periodically pings to the nearby tower. Since "find my phone" doesn't find the phone when the phone is off, I doubt there is any pinging going on.

The car remote start is a completely different process. There is a receiver in the car that is powered by the car's battery (uses a tiny bit of energy) and is always on as long as the battery has a charge. Thus you can unlock the doors or remote start the car from a fob.
You are the genius, you know everything. I don't understand why you even ask questions.

Great find @TheRicker.
Fascinating site.
Possibly this is how FBI got into the Vegas shooters phone. If their products are what they say they are — all the more reason to get a cheap physically small (mine is small enough to flush) burner that can be disposed of or rendered inoperable at short notice.

From the site:
"Cellebrite Premium is the only on-site solution in the market today that enables you to recover the passcode, unlock and
perform a full file-system extraction on Apple devices running the latest iOS versions. But it doesn’t stop there. With
Cellebrite Premium you can bypass locks and perform a physical extraction on many high-running Android devices.
By performing full-file system and physical extractions, you can get much more data than what is possible through a
logical extraction, and access highly protected areas such as the iOS Keychain or the Secure Folder."

"Bypass or determine locks and perform a full file system extraction on any iOS device, or a physical extraction or full file system (File-Based Encryption) extraction on many high-end Android devices, to get much more data than what is possible through logical extractions and other conventional means.
Gain access to 3rd party app data, chat conversations, downloaded emails and email attachments, deleted content and more, increase your chances of finding the incriminating evidence and bringing your case to a resolution."

Great find @TheRicker.
Fascinating site.
Possibly this is how FBI got into the Vegas shooters phone. If their products are what they say they are — all the more reason to get a cheap physically small (mine is small enough to flush) burner that can be disposed of or rendered inoperable at short notice.

From the site:
"Cellebrite Premium is the only on-site solution in the market today that enables you to recover the passcode, unlock and
perform a full file-system extraction on Apple devices running the latest iOS versions. But it doesn’t stop there. With
Cellebrite Premium you can bypass locks and perform a physical extraction on many high-running Android devices.
By performing full-file system and physical extractions, you can get much more data than what is possible through a
logical extraction, and access highly protected areas such as the iOS Keychain or the Secure Folder."

"Bypass or determine locks and perform a full file system extraction on any iOS device, or a physical extraction or full file system (File-Based Encryption) extraction on many high-end Android devices, to get much more data than what is possible through logical extractions and other conventional means.
Gain access to 3rd party app data, chat conversations, downloaded emails and email attachments, deleted content and more, increase your chances of finding the incriminating evidence and bringing your case to a resolution."
This is the system they used on my cousin, it was named in the search warrant. So if they let us know about this company and their software, imagine the stuff they don't tell us about.

This is the system they used on my cousin, it was named in the search warrant. So if they let us know about this company and their software, imagine the stuff they don't tell us about.
Fascinating stuff...

Many moons ago before I phones, flip phones etc, I came across a fellow on a plane who was using a device ( the size of a pen) that appeared to scan, translate and store dozens and dozens of pages in the course of a couple of minutes... Needless to say I was intrigued and fascinated...
Asking him about this technology and where I can buy one of these devices, I’ll never forget his response suggesting us “Americans” will see some wonderful things to hit the market in future years...
From one of our few friends in the Mid East

I just got a notification from TracFone that have to upgrade to a VoLTE compatible model.
I can easily pick up a new phone locally but their site says that I have to call them and they will send me a new SIM card.
My concern is that this will defeat my anonymity.
Has anyone dealt with this yet ?
I am also wondering if the service can still be extended with the same airtime cards as used presently.
I will post an update if I find any more info

For the new TracFone, I did some more research and found that I can transfer the phone by activating online. I just want a simple flip phone.
Apparently the new phones have GPS so I will have to make sure that I disable it.
Also, I still should be able to extend service using Airtime cards.

For the new TracFone, I did some more research and found that I can transfer the phone by activating online. I just want a simple flip phone.
Apparently the new phones have GPS so I will have to make sure that I disable it.
Also, I still should be able to extend service using Airtime cards.
Mine, that I had forever, bought cash and airtime cash, isn't even a flip phone. Does the job I need it for and should the need ever arise I have no problem throwing it in the bay. $80/yr in airtime.

I just had a rare interesting thought.

When my burner phone is on, it is in the totally silent mode.
What happens if a severe weather alert comes up ?
Will it come up with the loud alert tone like my regular phone ?

Just being paranoid .....