2020 Yankees

I think they're similar in that they're big dudes. I feel Judge makes more/better contact, swings and misses less, is a better defender, and has a CANNON for an arm. I never viewed Stanton as an Allstar type defender.

Lets face it, we are stuck with Stanton, like we were with A-Rod, for the next 8-9 seasons. If we can get his 2018 production with more walks and less strikeouts for the next 5 years I would be OK with that. Because after his age 35 you know he is going off a cliff health wise.

If Judge doesn't shake his Elsbury durability woes. He will be gone before he gets his big contract.
Unfortunately I believe Stanton will be a Yankee alot longer than Judge.

Problem is he will still be owed at least $60 mill NEXT decade. I have never been a fan of ten year contracts. This is a 12 year contract. I was not enamored with Stanton's contract - he still has like 9 years left on his ..... OUCH!

Problem is he will still be owed at least $60 mill NEXT decade. I have never been a fan of ten year contracts. This is a 12 year contract. I was not enamored with Stanton's contract - he still has like 9 years left on his ..... OUCH!
I think you really dont mean that they will regret it in 3 years, really? But Like the Yanks, they dont worry about years 6 through 10 .... win now attitude. They can always trade him later, like Stanton... And the Dodgers can handle big money like the Yanks...
I know its not the same money, but that Elsbury contract was crazy ridiculous at the time... that never handcuffed them going forward. A handful of teams can take chances on some of those contracts, and if they win one or 2 Championships, they wont care about the second half of the contract...