Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

billyS

Reign of Terror
I’d say in these ruff times that eating healthy, vitamin supplements and fitness may be more beneficial. Good luck.
Totally agree. Working from home gives me more time to cook and one thing the stores all have are plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Also have doing a lot of bodyweight type exercises and running.
A lot of ab work in case summer isn't cancelled :)

Does anyone have further insight into the money we are going receive from Uncle Sam..
Taxable?
Need to pay back?

And, on a side note- without getting to deep into economics, — all this money—- the government does have bottomless pockets, but at what cost..
Inflation?
Massive deficits?
Sky high taxes?

Who knows...

billyS

Reign of Terror
Does anyone have further insight into the money we are going receive from Uncle Sam..
Taxable?
Need to pay back?

And, on a side note- without getting to deep into economics, — all this money—- the government does have bottomless pockets, but at what cost..
Inflation?
Massive deficits?
Sky high taxes?

Who knows...
The checks are only for people who make $75,000 and less

The checks are only for people who make $75,000 and less
From what I have read: Single 75K, joint 150K with incomes above that phasing out at 99K and 198K, respectively, based on 2018 AGI if you haven't filed yet and 2019 if you have. I assume phase out will be linear.

If IRS has direct deposit info on file the plan is to deposit money in less than 3 weeks with paper checks coming later (takes long time to print and mail all those checks - don't know why anyone wouldn't have direct deposit).

No and No according to today's WSJ.
Well here's some information that all these idiots at decide to shut down the government didn't think of. All the businesses that have leg payments from people 30 60 90 days in the hundreds of thousands of dollars who was going to pay for that? Does anybody think people are going to go out and buy a Mercedes or boat or a plane or a pool or hot tub when this is done? What about all those people in those huge high-rise buildings at nobody's paying the rent? Is the city going to get all that tax money back from the landlord was bleeding millions of dollars per day? This is hundreds of trillions of dollars worth of damage from maybe one half of 1% of the population of the world we're all old and sickly anyway. Are they going to do the same thing with covid-19 next year? It's the stupidest scam I've ever seen the history of the planet! There are some things worse worse than death like Mass poverty

Well here's some information that all these idiots at decide to shut down the government didn't think of. All the businesses that have leg payments from people 30 60 90 days in the hundreds of thousands of dollars who was going to pay for that? Does anybody think people are going to go out and buy a Mercedes or boat or a plane or a pool or hot tub when this is done? What about all those people in those huge high-rise buildings at nobody's paying the rent? Is the city going to get all that tax money back from the landlord was bleeding millions of dollars per day? This is hundreds of trillions of dollars worth of damage from maybe one half of 1% of the population of the world we're all old and sickly anyway. Are they going to do the same thing with covid-19 next year? It's the stupidest scam I've ever seen the history of the planet! There are some things worse worse than death like Mass poverty
Not to mention all those asshole people who refused to pay child support before now have an excuse. So naturally those vulnerable single moms now get nothing. Most of them barmauds waitresses etc. Courts are closed. This is irreparable damage to families mostly children. For a pandemic covid 2020. Same coronavirus on the lysol can 10 yrs ago. We are all getting fucked bigly

Look on lysol can. Says coronavirus from before this. This is just a strain
It is my understanding that all their products don't apply and that even those that do have that label are unknown about this strain. Has that changed? And if so exactly which Lysol products? I know some got entered into EPA list I'll have to look.

It is my understanding that all their products don't apply and that even those that do have that label are unknown about this strain. Has that changed? And if so exactly which Lysol products? I know some got entered into EPA list I'll have to look.
They changed the name to covid 19 from caronavirus. Caronavirus is a strain. They are just specifying whuch one this time. Check statistics of worldwide deaths per type. Thus death rate falls way behind6 regular flu. I know. More people get it blah blah. Point is bottom line less death rate. While im at it....you know when someone dies from overprescribed opiate pills they call it death from sleep apnea. I know fursthand 2 seperate people drgs but listed on death cert. So.. they can ratiomalize this stupidity and call any death covid 19 at this point. Even regular flu. Sheesh.. now they are saying that heart attack MAY be from covid complications. You all read it. Where will be the reporters coming and watching traffic at jvits center? Wont be. Because without public eyes they can claim whatever the fuck they want. Hey cost tens of trillions, but we "stopped" the pandemic. Bull shit. It will stop on its own and next year will happen again. Like EVERY FUCKIN YEAR SINCE MAN BEGAN! But keep believing these idiots in govt know. They never have, and never will.

They changed the name to covid 19 from caronavirus. Caronavirus is a strain. They are just specifying whuch one this time. Check statistics of worldwide deaths per type. Thus death rate falls way behind6 regular flu. I know. More people get it blah blah. Point is bottom line less death rate. While im at it....you know when someone dies from overprescribed opiate pills they call it death from sleep apnea. I know fursthand 2 seperate people drgs but listed on death cert. So.. they can ratiomalize this stupidity and call any death covid 19 at this point. Even regular flu. Sheesh.. now they are saying that heart attack MAY be from covid complications. You all read it. Where will be the reporters coming and watching traffic at jvits center? Wont be. Because without public eyes they can claim whatever the fuck they want. Hey cost tens of trillions, but we "stopped" the pandemic. Bull shit. It will stop on its own and next year will happen again. Like EVERY FUCKIN YEAR SINCE MAN BEGAN! But keep believing these idiots in govt know. They never have, and never will.
I share some of your frustration. I would really like to know the end that we are working towards. Wiping out COVID-19 will not happen. Measles, SARS, and HIV are still around. Are we waiting for a vaccine? That could take 6 months to a year. There is no way we can continue like this that long. Flatten the curve sounds nice in principal. But when the isolation ends and we begin gathering in groups again, the virus will surge. The same thing happened with the Spanish flu in 1918. It slowed down when people practiced social distancing, but re-emerged when people came out of isolation. Maybe we are waiting for enough hospital beds and ventilators to be available to handle the influx when we do come out of isolation. It would be nice to hear what the plan and goal is.

I share some of your frustration. I would really like to know the end that we are working towards. Wiping out COVID-19 will not happen. Measles, SARS, and HIV are still around. Are we waiting for a vaccine? That could take 6 months to a year. There is no way we can continue like this that long. Flatten the curve sounds nice in principal. But when the isolation ends and we begin gathering in groups again, the virus will surge. The same thing happened with the Spanish flu in 1918. It slowed down when people practiced social distancing, but re-emerged when people came out of isolation. Maybe we are waiting for enough hospital beds and ventilators to be available to handle the influx when we do come out of isolation. It would be nice to hear what the plan and goal is.
The principle is that the rate of new infections (not necessarily the eventual net total #) will decrease as more people have been infected and they contain antibodies to the virus. This decreased rate will enable the hospitals handle the load of critically ill infected people (and also the run of the mill heart attacks, cancer, traffic accidents etc) without requiring triage where the sickest are just allowed to die — as is happening in Italy.