R. I. P.

Mort Drucker,91
For those of you of a certain age you will remember the caricatures in MAD magazine drawn by Mort. No king, prince, president movie star, sports figures or whoever was safe from his clever caricatures. Many of his panels over the years were of movies (The Odd Father" comes to mind but there were so many) and I recall wanting for my issue to come in the mail to see who he skewered.

RIP Mort

Mort Drucker,91
For those of you of a certain age you will remember the caricatures in MAD magazine drawn by Mort. No king, prince, president movie star, sports figures or whoever was safe from his clever caricatures. Many of his panels over the years were of movies (The Odd Father" comes to mind but there were so many) and I recall wanting for my issue to come in the mail to see who he skewered.

RIP Mort
Loved the image of Alfred E. Neuman. Spy vs. Spy was great and The Fold-In by Jaffee. They called the satirical wit "Baby Boomer Humor." I also read Cracked Magazine but it never really had the same spark as MAD. For a while, I never missed an issue. It was just such a cool piece of comical satirical literature for a youngster to capture the current trends and climate. It is a blast-from-the-past. I really forgot that it was such a part of my childhood along with sports, rock-and-roll and trying to get ahold of a Playboy Magazine. Thanks for bringing it up. RIP.