2020 Yankees

He def has good stuff, but I think his problem is between his ears. If he gets that straightened out he could be a good, serviceable MLB reliever, plus he is a lefty. He will def be snatched up by another team.

Anyone else kinda disappointed the Yanks haven't made another big move or two?

Since I am bored and have the time, I never liked the "Core 4" I always felt it should have been the "Fab 5" with Bernie included.
Of the fab 5, list YOUR favorites as they pertained to you. Don't do it based on stats, or looks (for some of you closet queens :) ) just overall favorite of those 5.

#5 Posada
#4 Jeter
#3 Burn Baby Burn
#2 Mo
#1 Pettitte

Bernie could be #2 for me, he was a monster in the clutch from 96-2000, ask me who I want up in a huge spot, playoffs/WS between Posada, Jeter, Williams - It's Williams for me.

Pettitte always seemed to pitch in the clutch and do well (Sans 2001 game 6) - He always seemed to rise to the occasion, and was never viewed or considered as an ace. But I think he was clutch ace in BIG games.

Mo was Mo, I mean almost overlooked and forsaken he was that good.

Jeet, as a Yankee fan, I always felt maybe a little overrated, don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining. He was a stud, but was it the protection in the lineup around him? Either way 3400 hits is amazing.

Is he a unanimous HOF tomorrow? I have to think some writer will leave him out based on his perceived cockiness or that he never hit for much power. I think he is Unanimous based on the era he did this all in, his durability, his flair for the clutch, and 5 WS RINGS. BUT I could see some saying no because of that "Over-Rated" stigma.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Since I am bored and have the time, I never liked the "Core 4" I always felt it should have been the "Fab 5" with Bernie included.
Of the fab 5, list YOUR favorites as they pertained to you. Don't do it based on stats, or looks (for some of you closet queens :) ) just overall favorite of those 5.

#5 Posada
#4 Jeter
#3 Burn Baby Burn
#2 Mo
#1 Pettitte

Bernie could be #2 for me, he was a monster in the clutch from 96-2000, ask me who I want up in a huge spot, playoffs/WS between Posada, Jeter, Williams - It's Williams for me.

Pettitte always seemed to pitch in the clutch and do well (Sans 2001 game 6) - He always seemed to rise to the occasion, and was never viewed or considered as an ace. But I think he was clutch ace in BIG games.

Mo was Mo, I mean almost overlooked and forsaken he was that good.

Jeet, as a Yankee fan, I always felt maybe a little overrated, don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining. He was a stud, but was it the protection in the lineup around him? Either way 3400 hits is amazing.

Is he a unanimous HOF tomorrow? I have to think some writer will leave him out based on his perceived cockiness or that he never hit for much power. I think he is Unanimous based on the era he did this all in, his durability, his flair for the clutch, and 5 WS RINGS. BUT I could see some saying no because of that "Over-Rated" stigma.
#5 Posada
#4 Pettitte
#2 Jeter
#2 Bernie
#1 Mo

I have a tie for number 2.

#1 - O'neil (how is HE left off this list???)
#2 - Bernie
#3 - Mo
#4 - Jeter - OVERrated but still a stud in the playoffs. He is a HOFer and extremely good - but he is not in the Babe/Gehrig/Dimag/Mantle/Yogi group.
#5 - Pettitte - Underrated. I could have gone with him at 4
#6 - Posada - I like him but he was not very good in the playoffs.

#2 - Bernie
#3 - Mo
#4 - Jeter - OVERrated but still a stud in the playoffs. He is a HOFer and extremely good - but he is not in the Babe/Gehrig/Dimag/Mantle/Yogi group.
O'Neil was traded for, I just did the home grown guys. But maybe you can do a list of 1990's Yankee favorites?

#2 - Bernie
#3 - Mo
Steve,
Thats a great post.

Not even liking the Yankees, myself, and all other non Yank Fans, how could you NOT like Mo and Bernie.
so for me, I will only vote 1 and 2, its, Mo then Bernie.
Forget Yankee fans for a second.
Just say Met fans for a second. I have never heard a bad word about then from anybody. Not did I ever hear a Met fan say they do not like Mo or Bernie. It just such a complement to them.

I always liked Posada a lot. Big fan of his. I actually thought he was a bit under rated through out Baseball. It was only at the end of his career, that I dont think he was a good team mate, as he wouldnt help the young guys, when he wasnt in the line up he would complain, and he fought with the manager...But, that happens when a border line great player is nearing the end I guess. Must be hard.

Thinking about Kobe Bryant I have to think that many of you Yankee fans today thought about Thurman Munson.
I know I did. I learned today that Mercer would never go into Munsons plane because he thought it was just too much plane for him to handle. I remember when I heard of Munson death. I was shocked and very sad. I think because of his toughness, He would have been one of the last guys I thought that would happen to. I was in Middle School. I dont even think that, at that time, Munson flew planes. I assume, most you older fans, knew that Munson flew? Was it really out there that he did fly?