Kidney Stones

Wasn't gonna start a thread but J need some help here guys.Any if you ever had a Kidney stone?I woke up Saturday in excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen,thought it was my appendix.I live close to a hospital so I went to the ER. Gave me morphine for the pain and took a cat scan.Shows a small stone the size of a grain of sand-iswhat Dr. Told me.The pain I felt us the stone moving from kidney to bladder.he said it is very close to pass.Gave me scripts for flomax and ibuprofen and told me to follow up with urologist.Yesterday was ok but today pain started again.maybe it's ready to be passed? I know this isn't a health board but just looking for advice on this.Thaks in advance!!

Wasn't gonna start a thread but J need some help here guys.Any if you ever had a Kidney stone?I woke up Saturday in excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen,thought it was my appendix.I live close to a hospital so I went to the ER. Gave me morphine for the pain and took a cat scan.Shows a small stone the size of a grain of sand-is what Dr. Told me.The pain I felt us the stone moving from kidney to bladder.he said it is very close to pass.Gave me scripts for flomax and ibuprofen and told me to follow up with urologist.Yesterday was ok but today pain started again.maybe it's ready to be passed? I know this isn't a health board but just looking for advice on this.Thaks in advance!!
Good luck with that — hopefully it passes soon.

Very important — try your best to obtain the stone when it passes. There are very different types of ks's with very different causes and you need to know which one you have in order to know what has to be done, especially diet changes unique to the type of stone, that you will want to make to prevent them in the future. Talk to your doc about this and do research online. If changes aren't made the probability of another one is high.

If you are up for some gallows humor there is an episode from Seinfeld where Kramer passes a ks.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C96121DA64BF57A2612CC96121DA64BF&&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...05B30BFC379BC1D6DE4C05B30BFC379BC1D&FORM=VIRE

Once again — Good Luck.

I had them twice. I was taking too much calcium in the form of oyster shell and not drinking enough water and they formed. I went to an herbalist friend of mine because I thought I had a backache. He immediately diagnosed it as kidney stones without any x-rays or internal device. He was very good at intuitive diagnosis. He gave me an isolated herb -- big bag of leaves and told me to boil it up in a huge pot and drink it as often as possible and the stone will pass within 24 hours.

I did as directed and at about 22 hours later, I felt the intense pain and knew she was on the move and here she comes. I grab a cup to catch the urine and the stone because I want to see her close up. Coming through the urethra was a painful journey and out through the head of the penis was excruciating -- "Yaoooo" ---- I got a chance to examine the culprit up close and feel it. It was like amber brown glass in appearance with shards in many directions. Not round like a stone. Very pointy. Good riddance.

But your Flowmax acting as a diuretic should do the same job as the herb. And painkillers are an added bonus.

I had them twice. I was taking too much calcium in the form of oyster shell and not drinking enough water and they formed. I went to an herbalist friend of mine because I thought I had a backache. He immediately diagnosed it as kidney stones without any x-rays or internal device. He was very good at intuitive diagnosis. He gave me an isolated herb -- big bag of leaves and told me to boil it up in a huge pot and drink it as often as possible and the stone will pass within 24 hours.

I did as directed and at about 22 hours later, I felt the intense pain and knew she was on the move and here she comes. I grab a cup to catch the urine and the stone because I want to see her close up. Coming through the urethra was a painful journey and out through the head of the penis was excruciating -- "Yaoooo" ---- I got a chance to examine the culprit up close and feel it. It was like amber brown glass in appearance with shards in many directions. Not round like a stone. Very pointy. Good riddance.

But your Flowmax acting as a diuretic should do the same job as the herb. And painkillers are an added bonus.
Actually even though the most common form of ks is calcium oxalate and it seems counterintuitive, low amounts of calcium in your diet will increase your chances of forming calcium oxalate kidney stones; the problem is oxalate and calcium binds with oxalates in the intestines preventing absorption by the body where they end up in the kidneys.

So if your ks is calcium oxalate you need to increase calcium and decrease oxalate (oxalate rich foods such as Spinach, Bran flakes, Rhubarb, Beets, Potato chips, French fries, Nuts and nut butters.) Best source of calcium is calcium rich foods and next best is calcium citrate supplements (which is highly absorbed, not calcium from oyster shells that are poorly absorbed - so by taking such you were actually not increasing absorbed calcium).

Another excellent form of calcium (that I take) is canned fish such as sardines, mackerel or salmon that have bones. The bones are soft, rich in calcium and easily absorbed. An added benefit is you get a lot of Omega-3's

Your doc may be able to do blood test to determine what is causing the stones. Try and get the stone when it passes. Talk to your doc. Do your research from legit sites.
If the stones are not the common calcium oxalate type then the diet info above is not relevant as far as calcium oxalate stones.

disclaimer: genius is not a medical type. Talk to your doc. Do your research from legit sites.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just a quick note on Flowmax, it also keeps the urethra open for urine at all times and shut to the prostate. This causes your ejaculation to back up.

I was warned about this by my PA after I was put on Flowmax after getting the radioactive seeds. She told me bluntly, you might not cum after you have an orgasm but don't worry Flowmax does that sometimes.

I could have used it to my advantage when I had a girl who gave bbbj said "don't cum in my mouth", but other side effects of the seeds and biopsy's
made me not want to take the chance of some ejaculate slipping out.

Just a quick note on Flowmax, it also keeps the urethra open for urine at all times and shut to the prostate. This causes your ejaculation to back up.

I was warned about this by my PA after I was put on Flowmax after getting the radioactive seeds. She told me bluntly, you might not cum after you have an orgasm but don't worry Flowmax does that sometimes.

I could have used it to my advantage when I had a girl who gave bbbj said "don't cum in my mouth", but other side effects of the seeds and biopsy's
Nah, if the girl got a mouthful you would just blame it on your PA.

Wow didn't know that...they only gave me a 2 week script but I guess it stays in your system a long time? Taking 1 a day.

I had them at a very young age, probably pretty rare. I had them at 25 years old. Ended up in the hospital a week. So much pain. finally pissed them out. Felt like a knife was going through me.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Wow didn't know that...they only gave me a 2 week script but I guess it stays in your system a long time? Taking 1 a day.
I was only on it for a short time too as peeing was really an issue.

Edit- I meant not an issue

Last edited:
Actually even though the most common form of ks is calcium oxalate and it seems counterintuitive, low amounts of calcium in your diet will increase your chances of forming calcium oxalate kidney stones; the problem is oxalate and calcium binds with oxalates in the intestines preventing absorption by the body where they end up in the kidneys.

So if your ks is calcium oxalate you need to increase calcium and decrease oxalate (oxalate rich foods such as Spinach, Bran flakes, Rhubarb, Beets, Potato chips, French fries, Nuts and nut butters.) Best source of calcium is calcium rich foods and next best is calcium citrate supplements (which is highly absorbed, not calcium from oyster shells that are poorly absorbed - so by taking such you were actually not increasing absorbed calcium).

Another excellent form of calcium (that I take) is canned fish such as sardines, mackerel or salmon that have bones. The bones are soft, rich in calcium and easily absorbed. An added benefit is you get a lot of Omega-3's

Your doc may be able to do blood test to determine what is causing the stones. Try and get the stone when it passes. Talk to your doc. Do your research from legit sites.
If the stones are not the common calcium oxalate type then the diet info above is not relevant as far as calcium oxalate stones.

disclaimer: genius is not a medical type. Talk to your doc. Do your research from legit sites.
Thank you, Genius. That was very helpful. Definitely, I have learned from experience that oyster shell is not the best form of calcium. At one time it was a very common source in OsCal, an over the counter very common calcium supplement in every drug store. I believe the formula has been changed.

Some body builders have been known to throw the eggshells in their smoothies for free added calcium. Interesting to note, though, that oyster shell powder was traditionally added to the chicken feed because chicken-farmers found that there was less egg-breakage and a sturdier shell and less loss of profit when the hens ate calcium rich oyster shell.

Most of us don't get enough green vegetables like broccoli and dandelions which our ancestors ate in abundance and never had calcium problems and deficiencies.

Sardines are a powerhouse of nutrition and calcium (considered an aphrodisiac) but you should be aware that the one drawback of sardines is the natural presence of a high amount of purines which are quite conducive to kidney stones of the uric acid variety and are ill-advised if you are prone to gout.

Also, be careful in the quality of the can housing your delicious sardines (I am now salivating for some of those oily, salty delicacies now) as some contain a toxic chemical, biosphenol A, known as BPA. But you can search out more conscious companies that advertise the avoidance of that chemical.

The Koreans eat tons of sardines but not in the canned, heavily salted and packed in oil variety. (and far less tasty) Their markets have traditionally been filled with all sizes and all varieties of dried sardines and they reconstituted them with water for soups and side dishes.

But those bony structures of those little fish pack a powerful calcium boost. One of my Asian girl acquaintances, her father in his eighties, eating dried sardines all his life had perfect teeth and used to remove the metallic bottle cap off of beer bottles with his teeth after he had a few too many and could not locate the bottle opener.

That is a pretty impressive set of calcium rich teeth for a person of any age. But I am sure he ate lots of greens for calcium, too. You can often see Koreans foraging for dandelions and wild scallions in open fields, free organic vegetation.

I was only on it for a short time too as peeing was really an issue.
Billy,
Get some ground flaxseed (Trader Joes has convenient package and inexpensive) and take 2 heaping tablespoons per day. I have mine in my cereal with lots of fresh blueberries but some people put it in yogurt or in a smoothie. Not talking about flaxseed oil and flaxseed supplements (only supplements I take are b12, 1/2 mult Vit/day) — just real food flaxseed sold inexpensively by the pound.

Major controlled studies, many of them double blind with sizable # of participants, show effects on prostate equal to current drugs w/o any negative side effects. Can be used as an effective complementary treatment.
Simply no down side plus you get some fiber in your diet as a freebie benefit.

Trust me on this — do some research on reputable medical sites. Also Michael Greger MD. Get book "How Not To Die" from library (I ended up buying the book and also his cookbook) — everything is backed up with scientific studies (and not the BS ones you read about with 6 people in it or anecdotal "studies"). He also has podcast. Makes zero $ from books and lectures — all profits donated. He is not a nut case or hack.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Billy,
Get some ground flaxseed (Trader Joes has convenient package and inexpensive) and take 2 heaping tablespoons per day. I have mine in my cereal with lots of fresh blueberries but some people put it in yogurt or in a smoothie. Not talking about flaxseed oil and flaxseed supplements (only supplements I take are b12, 1/2 mult Vit/day) — just real food flaxseed sold inexpensively by the pound.

Major controlled studies, many of them double blind with sizable # of participants, show effects on prostate equal to current drugs w/o any negative side effects. Can be used as an effective complementary treatment.

Trust me on this — do some research on reputable medical sites. Also Michael Greger MD. Get book "How Not To Die" from library (I ended up buying the book and also his cookbook) — everything is backed up with scientific studies (and not the BS ones you read about with 6 people in it or anecdotal "studies"). He also has podcast. Makes zero $ from books and lectures — all profits donated. He is not a nut case or hack.
Lol, I was at Trader Joe's a few hours ago, wish I had seen this then.
Are you talking about the flaxseed that is like a powder and needs to be refrigerated? Because raw flaxseed goes rancid very quickly.
I was thinking about adding it to my fruit in the morning.
On that note Trader Joe's used to sell an almond butter with flaxseed. It was like crack for people doing Paleo.
Unfortunately it's been discontinued.
I settle for the raw, crunchy.

While we are on the health topic here, i had a question as well? I’m a younger guy in my thirties and recently had some major surgery where I had become septic with appendicitis, and diverticulitis. I’ve had a colostomy bag since the beginning of April, and I’m lucky enough to be having it reversed in February. My question is I’ve really been wanting to visit some amps but I feel unsure do to the bag. Do I go and just leave my shirt on? Or just wait it out until I’m fully recovered?

Billy,

But if the issue is over-urination, the flaxseed remedy would only apply if the cause of the over-urination is enlarged prostate. There are many other reasons for over-urination not directly related to prostate hypertrophy.

I was overdosing on green drinks with spirulina and then one day thought I was going to die. I can take a lot of pain. Walked into the ER the girl at the desk knew kidney stones within 5 seconds of talking to her. Was a painful night. Small one passed quickly.

billyS

Reign of Terror
But if the issue is over-urination, the flaxseed remedy would only apply if the cause of the over-urination is enlarged prostate. There are many other reasons for over-urination not directly related to prostate hypertrophy.
There was a mistype in my post. There is/was never any urination problem.

I had one about 15 years ago. Long story short, it had to be surgically removed due to its size. A horrible ordeal to say the least. I hope that you are able to pass it naturally.