Teaching English in China

Wanted to get feedback about teaching English to Chinese in China. Any input is greatly appreciated
I knew someone who taught English to Japanese in Japan. Said it was fairly easy, and they treated him like a god. He had zero teaching experience. He said he'd hold up a ball and say "ball" over and over again till they remembered. He said another person was responsible for stringing it all together, he just taught words. Not sure if it's the same in China. He ended up marrying one of his students and lives there to this very day.
The end.

Wanted to get feedback about teaching English to Chinese in China. Any input is greatly appreciated
Are you chinese or a white guy? It matters. As a white guy, I lived in Hong Kong for 6 months and Shanghai for 8 months in my early 20s. I didn't teach english, but met many expats who did. Some of them hated it, were sent to really small farming villages with like no one there, no support, lived in a hovel and ate rice for every meal. Miserable. Others- were hired by wealthy party bosses or business leaders and had their own apartments, cars, housekeepers and expense accounts. Amazing.

@h50 is right, the program you choose and the place you'll teach are critical.

I

Generally, you need at least a Bachelor's degree and an ESL License.

China's sentiment towards America has greatly diminished especially since the Trump administration and even prior.

When we were assisting them in their unparalleled rise to power, we were considered the wonderful white pawns. Nowadays, Americans are unwanted guests and made to feel that way. They got what they wanted and the west is no longer useful and they enjoy flaunting their power and looking down on all other nations especially America that has become their recent enemy. Especially since Trump has exposed their thievery of intellectual property and patents.

I am sure I am biased but I would not feel so comfortable there. Scams are a way of life and almost considered "honorable." A far cry from their lofty Confucian-Taoist traditions. When an American is robbed, a half-assed investigation for the record is ensued and in reality the police applaud the Chinese perpetrator for their nationalistic heroism of garnering wealth for the motherland from those worthless foreigners.

There are other Asian nations that still very much respect American intellect and will welcome American English teachers. However, be aware that hoards of English teachers have come to Asian nations to enjoy the women, food, easy lifestyle. Also, some parents and students prefer learning proper English from native speakers from the UK.

However, to be quite honest with you, conversing with teachers from the UK with their rapid cadence and polite soft-spoken demeanor, oftentimes it was far easier to understand a native Asians' broken English compared to the proper haughty version. And, anyway, common English is truly the common language of the world.

I knew someone who taught English to Japanese in Japan. Said it was fairly easy, and they treated him like a god. He had zero teaching experience. He said he'd hold up a ball and say "ball" over and over again till they remembered. He said another person was responsible for stringing it all together, he just taught words. Not sure if it's the same in China. He ended up marrying one of his students and lives there to this very day.
The end.
Thanks for info.

Are you chinese or a white guy? It matters. As a white guy, I lived in Hong Kong for 6 months and Shanghai for 8 months in my early 20s. I didn't teach english, but met many expats who did. Some of them hated it, were sent to really small farming villages with like no one there, no support, lived in a hovel and ate rice for every meal. Miserable. Others- were hired by wealthy party bosses or business leaders and had their own apartments, cars, housekeepers and expense accounts. Amazing.

@h50 is right, the program you choose and the place you'll teach are critical.

I
Definitely large city close to Hongkongthanks

Generally, you need at least a Bachelor's degree and an ESL License.

China's sentiment towards America has greatly diminished especially since the Trump administration and even prior.

When we were assisting them in their unparalleled rise to power, we were considered the wonderful white pawns. Nowadays, Americans are unwanted guests and made to feel that way. They got what they wanted and the west is no longer useful and they enjoy flaunting their power and looking down on all other nations especially America that has become their recent enemy. Especially since Trump has exposed their thievery of intellectual property and patents.

I am sure I am biased but I would not feel so comfortable there. Scams are a way of life and almost considered "honorable." A far cry from their lofty Confucian-Taoist traditions. When an American is robbed, a half-assed investigation for the record is ensued and in reality the police applaud the Chinese perpetrator for their nationalistic heroism of garnering wealth for the motherland from those worthless foreigners.

There are other Asian nations that still very much respect American intellect and will welcome American English teachers. However, be aware that hoards of English teachers have come to Asian nations to enjoy the women, food, easy lifestyle. Also, some parents and students prefer learning proper English from native speakers from the UK.

However, to be quite honest with you, conversing with teachers from the UK with their rapid cadence and polite soft-spoken demeanor, oftentimes it was far easier to understand a native Asians' broken English compared to the proper haughty version. And, anyway, common English is truly the common language of the world.
Thanks for your insight brother.