Slow Loading Times?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I barely contribute to this forum mainly because I can rarely load the forum. Seems other people have addressed this issue with no response within threads, but I don't see a thread dedicated to it. I've tried numerous different internet browsers and they all have the same issue. When I'm LOGGED IN, the site takes forever to load, if it loads at all. If I'm not logged in, it runs perfectly smoothly. Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting that I have on/off that's hindering the load times?

I find the same thing but tends to be sensitive to time of day and time of year. Since it is a problem for me only when school starts I suspect it is related to Optimum setup and when all the kids get home and tie up the local networks. Never a problem early morning until about 4pm then turns to crap. When it doesn't load it also screws up loading anything on the browser even google.com. I use IE only for UG and ahem, other sites that I don't want a history trail left or autofill in the address bar, not my default browser which is firefox — with IE I have options set to clear everything on exit.

I find that closing IE, opening another browser and opening google, closing the other browser and opening IE gets me the internet back and UG loads fine after that.

Ps. never had this problem with Verizon - I have Optimum right now which I keep until promotion pricing ends and they won't repeat it. I switch back and forth.

I've been on this site for hours at all times of day (tho typically late PM to 4AM). Mostly a reader vs poster.
Never ever had a performance issue whatsoever with any combo of Android, Win 7 or 10, Firefox, Opera, Brave, Chromium browsers (never Chrome!), various ISPs and VPNs etc. I am pretty meticulous keeping my gear clean. IMHO reported issues are likely your ISP / broadband cellular / browser / OS related. There are so many variables a tech forum is a better place for guidance. UG is a clean machine.

It doesn't matter the time, whether I use my VPN or not, which browser I use ... as far as ISP, if I use my iPhone thru Verizon's data or home with Optimum, doesn't matter, same issue. Weird. I'm on a brand new PC (couple months old) and my phone is less than a year old. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Not sure if you guys are even looking into this. Maybe a mod can comment. But, I'm having the same problem as the OP for the past few weeks.

The site works perfect UNTIL I try to log in. When I'm logged in, the page loading times are extremely slow.

Not sure if you guys are even looking into this. Maybe a mod can comment. But, I'm having the same problem as the OP for the past few weeks.

The site works perfect UNTIL I try to log in. When I'm logged in, the page loading times are extremely slow.
Yeah it’s fine until you try to log in & even when you are in things time out or go to a blank white screen. I’m sure we’re loosing out in solid reviews because of it but so be it I guess - bandwidth issue? Or something else? Mods seem to know but we’ve gotten no answer. Hope it gets resolved at some point.

Trying again. Hopefully a mod/Slinky can comment. You guys looking into this issue at all?? It's been almost two months now. It literally took me a hour to post two messages today. Most days I can't be bothered to try that long.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Trying again. Hopefully a mod/Slinky can comment. You guys looking into this issue at all?? It's been almost two months now. It literally took me a hour to post two messages today. Most days I can't be bothered to try that long.
I'm not having a problem. Don't know what you are talking about

Have you noticed only a select few of you are bitching about this.
Now try to figure it out.
Ooooh ooooooh can I take a stab at this?
I have seen tjis thread and someone back tipped off.
could the slow loading tomes have to do at all with moderated users???

me thinks me is getting a chicken dinner lol