2019 Yankees

AL East is finally ours. Feels like it's been forever. Good performance tonight.

I would have to think there's a serious DV incident or at least photo/video evidence for the German "suspension" to go longer than 7 games.

German has now been ruled out by MLB for the rest of the season inclusive of the playoffs. What's the starting rotation look like for the playoffs?

Severino, Tanaka and Paxton will all get starts. Who goes in for Game 4? Happ? He does pitch a bit better on the road, but I can't stomach the thought of him starting for us in a playoff game. Green if he's rested?

Has anyone seen Mikey swinging away at the outside pitches and striking out, or am I watching repeats of last years ALDS. Guy looks awful just flailing away at that sweeping pitch away.

Stanton has 3 more games to show why he should be playing over Maybin. If Tauchman was healthy I would be going with him in LF. Stanton swings at shit so FAR out of the strike zone.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Stanton has 3 more games to show why he should be playing over Maybin. If Tauchman was healthy I would be going with him in LF. Stanton swings at shit so FAR out of the strike zone.
If he's going to play, and of course he is, I'd like to see him dropped in the order.
DJ 5
Judge 9
Gleyber 5
Encarnarcion 3
Voit Dh
Didi 6
Sanchez 2
Stanton 7
Gardner 8

Then bring in Urshela for Defense and move DJ to first.

Edit, just saw a flaw in that, switch EE and Voit so you don't lose EE's bat on the defensive switch.

If Didi doesn't start hitting then Gleyber to SS, DJ to second and Gio to third.

In his defense, Morton was his usual filthiness and the Yankees were one hitted last night.
Yes, but its a consistent thing with Stanton, thats all he does is swing wildly at terrible pitches, He is ZERO clutch. Guy should not be SNIFFING a lineup spot come the playoffs. Bad time for the lineup to be struggling. Even Judge is swinging at bad pitches.

If he's going to play, and of course he is, I'd like to see him dropped in the order.
DJ 5
Judge 9
Gleyber 5
Encarnarcion 3
Voit Dh
Didi 6
Sanchez 2
Stanton 7
Gardner 8

Then bring in Urshela for Defense and move DJ to first.

Edit, just saw a flaw in that, switch EE and Voit so you don't lose EE's bat on the defensive switch.

If Didi doesn't start hitting then Gleyber to SS, DJ to second and Gio to third.

I would go with this .. but ... Voit is better at 1B. Encarnacion can DH. If Stanton starts sucking ass really bad ... put Maybin out in LF. If Voit doesn't hit - move DJ to first and put Gio at 3B.

Yes, but its a consistent thing with Stanton, thats all he does is swing wildly at terrible pitches, He is ZERO clutch. Guy should not be SNIFFING a lineup spot come the playoffs. Bad time for the lineup to be struggling. Even Judge is swinging at bad pitches.
That's a testament to good pitching. Think how foolish Betances makes batters look.