Only Commit One Crime at a Time

Article in today's ND has describes several acts of stupidity:

LE saw a 2015 Nissan fail to stop at stop sign and attempted to pull it over. The car was stolen (violation of one crime at a time rule).

The cop gave chase. Note that from the article it appears that at this point the cop didn't know it was stolen as the original plates were switched. So cop was chasing an obviously high level, high risk to the public criminal, i.e., someone who ran a stop sign.

Cop noticed that car was erratically which indicated to the cop that the driven may have been under the influence — yet the cop still found it wise to continue a high speed chase of someone apparently under the influence.

Note to LE: radio can be used to set up road blocks etc, instead of chasing someone apparently under the influence involved in a high speed chase thru a populated area like Long Island.

Car crashes into a couple returning home from dinner, ages 74 and 71, married 50 years. Also a passage in Nissan also killed.
Too bad for the people killed but at least the cop can now arrest guy driving the Nissan.

In today's ND editorial page (large bold font added by me) :

"A USA Today Network analysis of such deaths between 1995 and 2015 showed Suffolk County leading the state in fatalities stemming from high-speed accidents related to police pursuit of crime suspects"

In past 12 months "fatalities related to police pursuits by Suffolk County officers to eight.."
1. "On Valentines Day 2018, a Bellport man fleeing police in a stolen Camaro topped 150 mph before killing four people in that vehicle" How did LE know it was stolen you may ask. "The car had an OnStar navigation system that notified LE. "
"The tracking system would have allowed officers to safely locate the car, and possibly the driver, at any time."
So the cops presumably would know where the vehicle was
without a pursuit.

2."Such pursuits also cost the public money. Last year, Suffolk County paid $1.5 million to the family of a Mastic teen killed after a crash involving officers pursuing a driver who allegedly ran a stop sign."

3. "Saturday night around 11:45, a Suffolk County police officer saw a 2015 Nissan Rogue fail to stop at a stop sign at Yaphank Avenue and Main Street in Yaphank. According to Police Commissioner Geraldine Hart, it was only a few minutes later and about four miles away on Route 25 in Middle Island that the Rogue, driven by Nahriek Belford, 17, struck a car trying to turn left, killing driver Jerome Weingarten, 74, his wife, Randee, 71, and Belford’s half-brother, Angelo, 19."

The National Institute of Justice, part of the U.S. Department of Justice, says that because high-speed chases are so dangerous, “For anyone other than a violent felon, the balance weighs against a high-speed chase.”

Statement From SC Police:
"Suffolk police said Sunday that an internal investigation found the officers who pursued Turner had not violated procedures and no changes had been made to the department’s pursuit protocol as a result of the crash. "

Note from Genius to SCPD: "Thank you all very much for your enthusiastic and agressive protection of me, my family and residents of Suffolk County from those committing violations such as running stop signs and stealing property. However perhaps you may want to rethink 'no changes had been made to the department’s pursuit protocol as a result of the crash.' Thank you. "

Ok guys little help here: i got pulled over last nite. I saw the officer behind me so i was doing the speed limit had belt on etc.When he walked up to the window i asked"did i do something wrong" He said My rear plate looked a little dirty(yes you heard right). So I gave him my Lic and reg and he goes back to his car.I get out and go to the rear of my vehicle and he gets out and says my plate looked like it had some kind of film on it.Like the kind that wont show up on red light cameras etc. I told him that when i turned in my old white plates and got these NEW from dmv yrs ago i just put them on.Supposedly they have some sort of film on them-whiched i NEVER noticed in yrs.I told him that i didnt put anything on the plate and he says"well i know that it didnt come like that.(but it did!).So he goes back to his car.I go in my cargo part(it is a small van) and get out a spray bottle and a rag and i have the film or whatever it is off before he even finishes the ticket.HE STILL gave me one!! As he is giving it to me I am like "I took it off can't you give me a break" and he tells me "they are on our case to make them money" so I tell them so this is a money grab and he says Yeah. I was pissed and says what B S that was but i didnt wanna get in trouble by being wise etc. so i just took it and left.Any Idea how much this garbage is gonna cost? should i plead not guilty and fight it? any help is appreciated!!

Well, I hope you mentioned to him that your were getting out to look before you did. As to what to do, what is written on the ticket? What violation code number and words description did he put down? Did you take any photos? Also, I know for some violations you have like 24 hours to rectify them. This might be one of those where you need to go to a precinct and get it ok'd (yeah I know he was right there).

plus no way was whatever he saw"blocking the plate numbers" from the cameras because i have gotten 2 red light camera tickets in the past.The code was 402.1 No Distinctive plate/insecure/dirty ...he said something was covering the plate and he"couldnt see the numbers etc" no way is that true it is VERY clear and you can see no problem

Ok guys little help here: i got pulled over last nite. I saw the officer behind me so i was doing the speed limit had belt on etc.When he walked up to the window i asked"did i do something wrong" He said My rear plate looked a little dirty(yes you heard right). So I gave him my Lic and reg and he goes back to his car.I get out and go to the rear of my vehicle and he gets out and says my plate looked like it had some kind of film on it.Like the kind that wont show up on red light cameras etc. I told him that when i turned in my old white plates and got these NEW from dmv yrs ago i just put them on.Supposedly they have some sort of film on them-whiched i NEVER noticed in yrs.I told him that i didnt put anything on the plate and he says"well i know that it didnt come like that.(but it did!).So he goes back to his car.I go in my cargo part(it is a small van) and get out a spray bottle and a rag and i have the film or whatever it is off before he even finishes the ticket.HE STILL gave me one!! As he is giving it to me I am like "I took it off can't you give me a break" and he tells me "they are on our case to make them money" so I tell them so this is a money grab and he says Yeah. I was pissed and says what B S that was but i didnt wanna get in trouble by being wise etc. so i just took it and left.Any Idea how much this garbage is gonna cost? should i plead not guilty and fight it? any help is appreciated!!
Article 14 - NY Vehicle and Traffic Law
§
402. Distinctive number; form of number plates; trailers
(b) Number plates shall be kept clean and in a condition so as to be easily readable and shall not be covered by glass or any plastic material, and shall not be knowingly covered or coated with any artificial or synthetic material or substance that conceals or obscures such number plates or that distorts a recorded or photographic image of such number plates

Assuming this is Suffolk . They're out to write tickets ,kinda goes w/o saying but I don't ever recall hearing about how many people that are being cited . Leary about going to the pub for a couple. Recent one : incomplete stop at a stop sign, $480.00 with their generous offer of no points ! I fucking stop now ! They're so cash strapped ,don't ya love politicians

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Assuming this is Suffolk . They're out to write tickets ,kinda goes w/o saying but I don't ever recall hearing about how many people that are being cited . Leary about going to the pub for a couple. Recent one : incomplete stop at a stop sign, $480.00 with their generous offer of no points ! I fucking stop now ! They're so cash strapped ,don't ya love politicians
Then when you stop and look the dildo behind you hits the horn!!!

plus no way was whatever he saw"blocking the plate numbers" from the cameras because i have gotten 2 red light camera tickets in the past.The code was 402.1 No Distinctive plate/insecure/dirty ...he said something was covering the plate and he"couldnt see the numbers etc" no way is that true it is VERY clear and you can see no problem
Either way it sure sounds like a "fix-it ticket" scenario. Bring it to a station and see if they'll sign off on it.

it was on Commack Rd. wow that is expensive
I’ve been pulled over a handful of times over the past 3 years for “made up reasons”...harassed, questioned, car searched, some light physical activity on their part, with no regard to any of my rights. I played the yes sir, no sir card each time and with the help of a few PBA cards, I didn’t receive an unnnecessary ticket. As pissed as I was about the treatment & disrespect from LE, I knew to keep my cool because they will collar anyone for disorderly conduct (which means lock you up for whatever made up reason they decide). In this case, your best bet would have to record, but my gut feeling is officers like this prick would have arrested you for disorderly conduct (or worse) and claim they felt threatened that you were going to attack them(him) with your phone that “they perceived you pointing a weapon at them”.

Side Note-
So he goes back to his car.I go in my cargo part(it is a small van) and get out a spray bottle and a rag and i have the film or whatever it is off before he even finishes the ticket.
Logical yes. But very Dangerous. Once a cop goes back to his patrol vehicle to run your ID, getting out of your car (no matter the reason), the cop can assume you are “fleeing” or they felt threatened which will also lead to felony arrest or worse.

On the flip side, it turned out that at least 3 of those times I was pulled over & harassed was because I was leaving a motel that was later to be found as part of a big drug ring (a few years ago in the Mass/Amity area), so even though I wish colon cancer on those fucks. I respect the pull over.. but the harassment... NO. Other stops were “driving White in Wyandanch.(waiting for years but I still haven’t received my WP Card”)

Question is were you pulling out of a Commack Establiment?

Lastly, since this is the “Only commit one crime at a time” and my constant reminder of WWGD.. I’m basically fucked because of my tints :(

Either way it sure sounds like a "fix-it ticket" scenario. Bring it to a station and see if they'll sign off on it.
I would think this type of BS ticket should be “fix-it-ticket” (like tints could/should), but I doubt it. They just want your $$

I’ve been pulled over a handful of times over the past 3 years for “made up reasons”...harassed, questioned, car searched, some light physical activity on their part, with no regard to any of my rights. I played the yes sir, no sir card each time and with the help of a few PBA cards, I didn’t receive an unnnecessary ticket. As pissed as I was about the treatment & disrespect from LE, I knew to keep my cool because they will collar anyone for disorderly conduct (which means lock you up for whatever made up reason they decide). In this case, your best bet would have to record, but my gut feeling is officers like this prick would have arrested you for disorderly conduct (or worse) and claim they felt threatened that you were going to attack them(him) with your phone that “they perceived you pointing a weapon at them”.

Side Note-

Logical yes. But very Dangerous. Once a cop goes back to his patrol vehicle to run your ID, getting out of your car (no matter the reason), the cop can assume you are “fleeing” or they felt threatened which will also lead to felony arrest or worse.

On the flip side, it turned out that at least 3 of those times I was pulled over & harassed was because I was leaving a motel that was later to be found as part of a big drug ring (a few years ago in the Mass/Amity area), so even though I wish colon cancer on those fucks. I respect the pull over.. but the harassment... NO. Other stops were “driving White in Wyandanch.(waiting for years but I still haven’t received my WP Card”)

Lastly, since this is the “Only commit one crime at a time” and my constant reminder of WWGD.. I’m basically fucked because of my tints :(

I would think this type of BS ticket should be “fix-it-ticket” (like tints could/should), but I doubt it. They just want your $$

You're absolutely right, it makes no difference and it's a sadly a wide known fact that cops exists solely to violate rights of innocent citizens and generate revenue, if they can do both at once even better....

Just a few stories that prove they aren't out there to help anyone but themselves.

Break no laws, and actually follow the law, and that "creates" colloquially called fabricated evidence the reason to escalate and pull your pants down to taser your balls.

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/02/13/tasered-11-times-over-turn-signal/

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/02/17/glendale-sadist-yucks-up-his-tazer-torture-session/

Or lie to get a warrant and murder innocent people.
https://www.ericpetersautos.com/201...rder-couple-on-the-basis-of-untruths-or-lies/

And probably coming to amerika soon enough... field sobriety tests hours later after you've not been drinking but have a few after getting home.

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/02/08/from-canada-with-love/

Side Note-

But he actually told me that they need to make the county money!lol when i told him so basically this is a money grab he said yes it is.This is what gives cops a bad name.Doing Bs pull overs like this

But he actually told me that they need to make the county money!lol when i told him so basically this is a money grab he said yes it is.This is what gives cops a bad name.Doing Bs pull overs like this
blame the politicians who approve of these contracts. Sucking the life out of Long Island teachers contracts as well

Oh I forgot to mention that he said that "I could put the back plate in the front and front in the back"I told him ok gimme 5 minutes and i will do it right now in front of you .he said"sorry it's too late now" he was a dick