A short life span

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Last night I got a call telling me that a girl who had worked for me at one point had passed away (overdose of sleeping pills). This makes the 6th such call I've gotten in the last year. Not an all time high, but a high for recent years. I haven't been able to bring myself to attend any of the funerals. I do find myself with a strange sense of jealousy, however.

I don't know you, but if you have any family or close friends, I hope that you'll consider -- really consider -- whether your "strange sense of jealousy" is warranted.

If you still think that it is, please seek help -- for your own sake, and for the sake of those close to you. My brother-in-law committed suicide about five years ago, and although his life had taken some hellish turns, his decision to end it prematurely has caused unrelenting torment to his family (which I'm sure was not his intent).

Slinky, why so glum? Perhaps it's time to move on out of this industry all together. Everyone has a second act in them. Just look at Ian Schrager -- he went from cocaine/dance club promoter to hotel impresario.

Take care of yourself, Slinky, maybe it is time for a second act. (well put, Monk). We all love sex, but it's not all there is to life by a long way.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I do find myself with a strange sense of jealousy, however.
Everyone made some decent points, slinky. Sadness, emptiness, lonelines all suck. But there are a bunch of people out there that do appreciate you. That has to count for something. Not everyone wants to bleed you dry.

Take care. It's been too long since we hit Roosevelt. Let's do it before Christmas...

Gavy

Slinky: you are not alone. Many of us have thoughts like that at this time of year. However, in my case at least, my family and friends really do make the holidays special. My daughter does everything she can to make us all feel good, and I thank God for her.

It is good that you feel you can express yourself here bec. you have lots of friends and admirers on the board.

Sleep tight,

Chels

Best of Luck Slinky. I know your anguish. It's never too late to take time to reflect, and dig down deep to bring out the happiness you have within. Only you can correct your path. Other friends around you will cheer you on while you do so.

Slinky,

The holiday season can dampen the spirits of even those who have people that care deeply for them.

But when one is faced with the repeated loss of friends and associates in a short span of time, it can take an accumulative toll. One thing you need to keep in mind is that this is entirely normal. Man was never created to die and losing someone, anyone, should impact us deeply. The more attuned you are to your thoughts and feelings, the worse one can end up feeling when there's a loss.

Your friends have passed on from this world. They've transcended to a different plane, gone on to a better place or merely accepted their eternal reward. Whatever one believes, one escapable fact remains: Their work is now done here, Slinky.

Yours isn't.

So, count me in as a member of your fans whom you can call on when you need help.

That's why we're all here. Yeah, we love women, we love snatch. But you know what else, Slinky? We care about each other. And that's why we've gone to great lengths to try to surreptitiously meet each other and hang out together.

You allowed those great things to happen.

Now, it's our turn to return the favor.

Slink......everyone that's responded has put together a nice list of advice and well wishes. I hope you find the strength to focus on and find what makes you happy in this life.

I my Self have had that "strange sense of jealousy" at one point in my life, but i had Family and friends around me to help me out. From the looks of the response's to this thread there are a lot of people here who care for you. you should take anyone up on there offer , because we'd be happy to help!

One other thing that helped me was i took a real look at my life and thought about the things in my life that where bringing me down. Then i started to look around me and see that there where people who are in a worse situation then i was ( not looking condescendingly on those people, i did have sympathy for them ) saying wow it could be worse for me. It helped me to get out of my rut and so did my family and friends.

I hope this helps you, if not and if you really want maybe me and some of the member's of this board can come over sing some Christmas carol's?

Worried about slinky-we should be worried about anyone that reads this? I'm prepared to leave my quite enjoyable life behind after cruising this section...it's really got me depressed. I went home last night and fucked my wife for god's sake.

Last night I got a call telling me that a girl who had worked for me at one point had passed away (overdose of sleeping pills). This makes the 6th such call I've gotten in the last year. Not an all time high, but a high for recent years. I haven't been able to bring myself to attend any of the funerals. I do find myself with a strange sense of jealousy, however.

Didn't realize that you were a pimp?

This is actually one of the first threads I read, and I can relate. I worry about others.
*hugs*
Take care of your health
Healthy livelihood comes first, don't stay up past 1am

And, uh m........................

Looks to be about it, I'm glad to see you're still around on this site ^^

~Z