DMing another user?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Is it possible to DM another user instead of replying to a thread/forum. If so how do I do that?
No you are confusing UG with an inferior amp board.

We do not allow PM or DM here because it kills the spirit of sharing.

Also it makes for less honest reviews. Guys will give a good review then PM their buddies with the truth.

So if you have something to say, say it out loud so we can all hear it.

The fact that you want to hide what your saying from the other members and people who advertise tells me it might be something dishonest.

Prove me wrong and post it

billyS

Reign of Terror
Also is it just me or are all post awaiting approval now?
Just you and everyone else in moderation.

You were placed in moderation for a comment you made about a girls age in one of the AMP threads where you were getting overly chatty and taking the thread off topic.

If you read the rules you will know certain subjects are strictly forbidden.

If you feel you need to answer this be very careful how you word your question.

No you are confusing UG with an inferior amp board.

We do not allow PM or DM here because it kills the spirit of sharing.

Also it makes for less honest reviews. Guys will give a good review then PM their buddies with the truth.

So if you have something to say, say it out loud so we can all hear it.

The fact that you want to hide what your saying from the other members and people who advertise tells me it might be something dishonest.

Prove me wrong and post it
Sometimes people ask questions and I want to chime in but I know it's going to go off topic. Thought I saw somewhere that said to pm instead.

Just you and everyone else in moderation.

You were placed in moderation for a comment you made about a girls age in one of the AMP threads where you were getting overly chatty and taking the thread off topic.

If you read the rules you will know certain subjects are strictly forbidden.

If you feel you need to answer this be very careful how you word your question.
Sorry skimmed through the rules, might have read it but don't have the rules committed to memory.

What about dm a mod on why a review not approved. I wrote a detail and honest( it wasn't a shill cuz the report was neutral and not all that positive) review yesterday and it didn't get approved with no reason.

billyS

Reign of Terror
What about dm a mod on why a review not approved. I wrote a detail and honest( it wasn't a shill cuz the report was neutral and not all that positive) review yesterday and it didn't get approved with no reason.
Why would you need to DM the mod?

There is a "Why was....." Section dedicated to guess what? Questions that ask "why was".
Did you think to put it there's?

Now back to your question.
Why the fuck would you start a completely new thread about a place that advertises, has an existing review thread, and put your review there with a link to it's already existing thread?

Did you think your review was so fucking special that you had to make it stand out with its own thread?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Obviously jimsonpaisuper is special. As in rides the short bus special. I know some lurkers will think we are too tough on new posters. Sorry but it's a lot of work moderating this website and if people can't follow the written rules then moderators don't have to coddle them and apologize for enforcing written rules.

I think it is more than just following the rules. Posters need to realize that any post that requires corrections is creating work for someone else.

Incorrect phone number format, links to certain websites, posting photos, creating duplicate threads that require merging, no paragraph breaks, etc. All this makes work for someone who is not getting paid. Even contacting the OP with a list of required corrections takes work and time.

Much easier to not approve the post and let the OP figure out their mistakes. If the OP is not going to take the time to make sure that their post meets UG standards, why should a MOD take the time to make / suggestion corrections?