Cost of a cement sidewalk

Got an estimate of $200 per square (4ft by 4ft). Does this sound about right? A friend said he paid $125 three years ago. I figure with the way things cost today 200 is in the ballpark.

Got an estimate of $200 per square (4ft by 4ft). Does this sound about right? A friend said he paid $125 three years ago. I figure with the way things cost today 200 is in the ballpark.
More then reasonable.. I paid 125.00 per square at least 5 years ago. All building materials have gone up quite a bit in the past year or two

Holy crap. Watch a YouTube video on poring concrete & blocking, & diy w/ Home Depot materials. I haven't done it in a while, but no matter inflation, I can't imagine it would cost more than hundreds. Certainly not $3200 per 16' sq.

Holy crap. Watch a YouTube video on poring concrete & blocking, & diy w/ Home Depot materials. I haven't done it in a while, but no matter inflation, I can't imagine it would cost more than hundreds. Certainly not $3200 per 16' sq.
Doesn't work that way, i.e., DIY, , at least in most localities. The sidewalk is not your property but that strip of land belongs to the municipality.

Also, given all the time and physical work involved, such as getting the material, wood for forms, rounding up tools, the actual cement work (mixing, pouring, leveling, cleanup), — when all is said and done has to be 4 hours total or so. Plus you have to get shoes and clothes you don't mind getting cement on. I don't know about you but the last time I worked for $50/hr has to be several decades ago.

Well it’s more money by using the truck as he is probably paying for what they call a short load, and their very well be a fuel surcharge these days, I personally think it’s more efficant however that’s up to you

I will gladly pay whatever it cost as I posted this inquiry to insure that I'm not being fleeced. While it is not rocket science it is probably the most back breaking work one can do. There is no way I'm am going to break up concrete, haul it away, lug god knows how many 60lbs bags, mix it correctly and pour it. When I shook hands with the guy yesterday it was like shaking hands with a catcher's mitt, I don't need hands like that.

I will gladly pay whatever it cost as I posted this inquiry to insure that I'm not being fleeced. While it is not rocket science it is probably the most back breaking work one can do. There is no way I'm am going to break up concrete, haul it away, lug god knows how many 60lbs bags, mix it correctly and pour it. When I shook hands with the guy yesterday it was like shaking hands with a catcher's mitt, I don't need hands like that.
Always best to pay the professional, in cases like this—

When they pour the concrete, let us know and all UG’ers can write their name in the wet cement ..:)

Many years ago one of my buddies who was a DIY guy was limping at work. I said "whats going on" and he rolled up his pants leg and showed me some nasty looking concrete chemical burns that he got when he accidentally knelled in some wet concrete when he was finishing up a small job at his house and did't realize that it would have been best to change pants and rinse his skin where the wet concrete was in contact.

Many years ago one of my buddies who was a DIY guy was limping at work. I said "whats going on" and he rolled up his pants leg and showed me some nasty looking concrete chemical burns that he got when he accidentally knelled in some wet concrete when he was finishing up a small job at his house and did't realize that it would have been best to change pants and rinse his skin where the wet concrete was in contact.
I’ve got the reminder of those burns on both shins after 48 years in the game