2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that you're hearing about Boone returning. Anything regarding players?
Reading that Boone is back, Hal "likes" him. I just listened to a podcast with ex Marlins President, Samson, he went off on Cashman, thinks the entire front house and Boone should be canned. Same reasons we all discuss in here. That Cashman keeps building the same team over and over again with the same results. That his approach still hasn't changed, and as the Yankees they should be signing top free agent talent, not guys like Kluber, or trading for guys like Taillon.

Player wise, you's guesses are as good as mine. Read they were going to be in on a stud SS, then I read, no they weren't, were looking into trades for a guy like Simmons on the Twins. They tried for him at deadline, and may again in off season.

Reading that Boone is back, Hal "likes" him. I just listened to a podcast with ex Marlins President, Samson, he went off on Cashman, thinks the entire front house and Boone should be canned. Same reasons we all discuss in here. That Cashman keeps building the same team over and over again with the same results. That his approach still hasn't changed, and as the Yankees they should be signing top free agent talent, not guys like Kluber, or trading for guys like Taillon.

Player wise, you's guesses are as good as mine. Read they were going to be in on a stud SS, then I read, no they weren't, were looking into trades for a guy like Simmons on the Twins. They tried for him at deadline, and may again in off season.
I read the same thing about Hal. What a dumb ass.
Also read that Gio says he would play short or third.
It only goes to show what he thinks of his current ss

Man, I hope this isn’t true. They are the fourth best team in their division. They’ll probably sign Kluber again to a one year deal.
You're right, 4th best team in that division. Scary too think what Toronto will do if they add more pitching and say another bat or two. They have a juggernaut offense right now. Toronto scares me most in 2022.

All I know is that the Yankees need to address minimum 4 positions and add a stud starter.

C
1B
CF
SS

billyS

Reign of Terror
Man, I hope this isn’t true. They are the fourth best team in their division. They’ll probably sign Kluber again to a one year deal.
Don't get to caught up in "what you read".
Right now Yankees beat writers really have nothing to write about but they need to come up with columns.
So they just spit ball shit no different from what we do here on UG except they are getting paid for it.

The fact they haven't officially brought back Boone gives me hope he'll be gone.

It's crazy to think a team that won 92 games has so many holes.

You only have so many resources to fill them that's why I thinks it's ridiculous to think they will change five of the nine starting positions.

If I was the GM, this is the way I'd look at it
SS - Biggest and most important hole to fill.
Because you need a reliable glove there and what you do here will impact how you fill 1B.

Where does DJ play next year?

Do you trade Torres and/or Urshela ?

I can't believe they are counting on Hicks coming back. It took Texeria two years to heal from the same injury and Hicks is a lot more fragile. If he didn't have that contract he'd be looking at fighting for the 5th outfielder spot.

Right now Yankees beat writers really have nothing to write about but they need to come up with columns.
So they just spit ball shit no different from what we do here on UG except they are getting paid for it.

The fact they haven't officially brought back Boone gives me hope he'll be gone.

You only have so many resources to fill them that's why I thinks it's ridiculous to think they will change five of the nine starting positions.

Because you need a reliable glove there and what you do here will impact how you fill 1B.

I can't believe they are counting on Hicks coming back. It took Texeria two years to heal from the same injury and Hicks is a lot more fragile. If he didn't have that contract he'd be looking at fighting for the 5th outfielder spot.
I would keep Gio. He’s too valuable. Maybe put him at short. Dj to first if Rizzo doesn’t resign. Move Torres back to second ( I don’t see them trading him) and find a third baseman and center fielder.
Who would trade for our crap.

whatever we get would have to be done through free agency.

You're right, 4th best team in that division. Scary too think what Toronto will do if they add more pitching and say another bat or two. They have a juggernaut offense right now. Toronto scares me most in 2022.

All I know is that the Yankees need to address minimum 4 positions and add a stud starter.

C
1B
CF
SS
3 of the most important positions. thats a lot to fill in one off season, isnt it? But maybe one or 2 trades, the a few free agent's I would think.

I wouldn't trade Urshela. Stick him at 3rd and you are good. What he gives you defensively, more than makes up for not being star offensively.

3 of the most important positions. thats a lot to fill in one off season, isnt it? But maybe one or 2 trades, the a few free agent's I would think.
Yes, and we have been pretty deficient there for a few years now.

I have no idea what they do at Catcher - I mentioned trading for Perez, but we would be buying super high off a career year. Not many other options at the position in free agency. I have also mentioned a few times my fondness for Merrifield.

I like Semien at SS for 3 years.

The guy too me that is a must is Starling Marte, play him in CF next 3 years.

1B maybe Rizzo, but he going to get paid. I like Belt and think his swing would play well in Yankee Stadium. Otherwise I could live with DJ at 1B. I prefer DJ at 2B.

Gio is fine if you address the 3-4 other holes in the lineup. I consider 2B a big hole, LF is another big hole in my opinion. Hands down Catcher, Short Stop, Centerfield MUST be addressed. Hicks CAN NOT be trusted ANYMORE. They have been without him the better part of the last 3 seasons. I read a stat on him the other day, he has played in less games then Jacoby Elsbury - I didn't think that was possible. If you're Cashman, the optics are face fucking you hard. Can't be ignored anymore, or given the Bubba Crosby treatment.

Or maybe his agent thought he could do better.
Wouldn't be the first time a player over played his hand.
That’s exactly what happened. He was looking for twice that amount.

My guess is that is that he will get 80 million for 4 or 5 years. Somewhere around 16-20 million annually. If the Yankees sign him both DJ and Rizzo will be around 36 at the end of their contracts. That makes me wonder if they will be interested.

Does it make sense to package Torres and prospects for Matt Olson? Is that a good deal for Oakland? Then play DJ at second and focus on a real shortstop. Is Corey Seager that good? That left handed bat is enticing.

billyS

Reign of Terror

My guess is that is that he will get 80 million for 4 or 5 years. Somewhere around 16-20 million annually. If the Yankees sign him both DJ and Rizzo will be around 36 at the end of their contracts. That makes me wonder if they will be interested.

Does it make sense to package Torres and prospects for Matt Olson? Is that a good deal for Oakland? Then play DJ at second and focus on a real shortstop. Is Corey Seager that good? That left handed bat is enticing.
Seager is interesting. Red flag for me he has had injuries and his power has dropped off since his two All Star years of 2O16, 2017.
But he is a career .297 hitter.

I've never seen him play so I have no idea how his defense is, and I'm hoping they get a real plus defender.

But he is a big guy 6'4" 215 and there has always been talk that he would move off short to third. So if they really think one of these SS's will be ready in a few years then that would be the move since Seager is a much better hitter than Urshela.

I would move Torres and others for Olsen in a snap.
I prefer DJ at 2B compared to any other position.

BillyS, brings up some good points about Seager and the injuries/dip in power. For me, it's Semien for 3 years to bring along Volpe/Oswaldo.

Can't sign Rizzo for more than 4 years IMO, 4 years/80 million minimum for him on this market. Not sure Yankees can have 2 guys at 36 years old making 36 million combined a year in their infield at end of those contract for DJ and Rizzo. If Belt cost less, I would consider him. But 1B too me isn't the pressing issue. It's C, SS, CF, (LF/3B), #2 Starter

I would move Torres and others for Olsen in a snap.
I prefer DJ at 2B compared to any other position.

BillyS, brings up some good points about Seager and the injuries/dip in power. For me, it's Semien for 3 years to bring along Volpe/Oswaldo.

Can't sign Rizzo for more than 4 years IMO, 4 years/80 million minimum for him on this market. Not sure Yankees can have 2 guys at 36 years old making 36 million combined a year in their infield at end of those contract for DJ and Rizzo. If Belt cost less, I would consider him. But 1B too me isn't the pressing issue. It's C, SS, CF, (LF/3B), #2 Starter
First Base would be an issue if we were stuck with Voit at first/ IL next season

Status
Not open for further replies.