2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see Cashman trading Gallo. That would be saying he fucked up by trading for him.

They do need to sign Rizzo. He’s been what we’ve been missing since Tex.

Forget about trout. That’s not going to happen.

Trout,Perez, Castellanos...these guys aren't going anywhere lol. Why would their teams trade any one if them to the Yankees for their bums?
Castellanos is presumed to be a free agent. He has a two year 34 million player option which he will for sure opt out of. He has been playing right field but has played limited left field in the past.

For the Yankees to fix this mess, they will need to spend. This luxury tax bullshit has to go. The Dodgers payroll is 280 million and they won 106 games and go deep in the post season year after year.

Problem with the Yankees is that they overvalue their players and are left with worthless commodities.

For the Yankees to fix this mess, they will need to spend. This luxury tax bullshit has to go. The Dodgers payroll is 280 million and they won 106 games and go deep in the post season year after year.

Problem with the Yankees is that they overvalue their players and are left with worthless commodities.
You nailed it EB!

Cashman overvalues all his prospects, holds onto them for too long, and smooshes their value. It's time to start moving some of them to pick up some LEGIT players. No more trying to be cute and finding the next Gio or Voit. Or patchwork with guys like Kluber, Odor, and Gallo.

I still can't believe Kluber got 12 million a year! Too think we let Tanaka go, who probably would have taken that amount is insane. These fliers on guys like Kluber who are always hurt are such penny pinching ways. Can't be status quo for the Yankees.

If Hal ran the Yankees as well as he does his other business ventures we would be perennial World Series favorites!

All of the teams overvalue the guys

Yanks need a new manager and GM, and certainly a Number 1 pitcher. A real Ace.
Cole might not be a true #1, more like a 1a type. He strikes me as the type that needs another alpha male to push him, kind of like how he and Verlander went at it in Houston in 2019.

I agree they need a new GM and Manager, but doubt that is happening. Until ticket sales, and more importantly, Corporate Ticket sales decline, it will be status quo in the Bronx. With major corporations buying up all those expensive seats, filled or not, Hal makes his money. Until he feels that hit in his bottom line it will continue to be a patchwork of penny pinching fixes and excuses.

I’m not convinced they will give a long term contract to one of the stars available at SS. Call me crazy, I can live with Velasquez if they sign Freeman or Rizzo AND make a deal for an electric outfielder like Marte or Castellanos. I’m hoping that Volpe or Peraza could be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.