Childish Baseball Arguments

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yanks need a new manager and GM, and certainly a Number 1 pitcher. A real Ace.
Manger, definitely yes.
GM? I'm spit on that. Not all his moves worked out this year but his overall body of work is still above average.

Number 1 pitcher?
Why? I don't think so. Just look at Tampa, they won 100 games without anything close to an Ace.
There really aren't many guys out there that you can consider lock down Aces.
Scherzwer? Yes but he won't come to the east coast.
deGrom? How much did he pitch this year? Obviously the Mets were lying about his injury otherwise he would have pitched when they were in the mist of their epic collapse.
Milwaukee has some guys I had never heard of until I saw them pitch in the All-star game and they had filthy stuff but why would Milwaukee trade them?

I agree they need to add another starter, one who has to be at least a solid #2, but as far as Cole goes we don't really know how much his hamstring was affecting those last four starts.

To me the issue that needs to be resolved first is shortstop and then go from there.

Manger, definitely yes.
GM? I'm spit on that. Not all his moves worked out this year but his overall body of work is still above average.

Number 1 pitcher?
Why? I don't think so. Just look at Tampa, they won 100 games without anything close to an Ace.
There really aren't many guys out there that you can consider lock down Aces.
Scherzwer? Yes but he won't come to the east coast.
deGrom? How much did he pitch this year? Obviously the Mets were lying about his injury otherwise he would have pitched when they were in the mist of their epic collapse.
Milwaukee has some guys I had never heard of until I saw them pitch in the All-star game and they had filthy stuff but why would Milwaukee trade them?

I agree they need to add another starter, one who has to be at least a solid #2, but as far as Cole goes we don't really know how much his hamstring was affecting those last four starts.

To me the issue that needs to be resolved first is shortstop and then go from there.
I agree, manager, and SS , which I think we all know they will get a SS. GM? I agree, not sure. But they still need an Ace. I think its obvious, you cant count on Cole.

Everyone knows that? I will leave your post up, even though its a bogus post to start shit. Very Childish.
Delete it you want, IDC. It's a legit question.
Unlike your posts in the Yankee thread shitting on Cole. Don't play coy and be passive aggressive. Get at it if you want to talk some shit.

Your boy DeGrom's elbow is shredded. FACTS.
Noah and Stroman are soon to be ghosts. Who your ACE? Carrasco?

Don't come shitting on our ACE, when your's sunk your season and needs another TJS.

Yanks need a new manager and GM, and certainly a Number 1 pitcher. A real Ace.
Now you are showing your true colors. Cole will probably be voted #2 in the Cy Young award. How the hell is that not an ace. He had a bad start in the playoffs. It happens. At least he was able to take the ball which is far more than you can say for Delicate deGrom.

Looks like you are showing your baseball knowledge now LW!!!!!

Now you are showing your true colors. Cole will probably be voted #2 in the Cy Young award. How the hell is that not an ace. He had a bad start in the playoffs. It happens. At least he was able to take the ball which is far more than you can say for Delicate deGrom.

You took the bait. :)

Every big game he bombed. Thats not an ace. He is a good #2. But then again, He was good with Huston, but we all know why. Now he can cheat by using spider tac, whatever that cheating stuff is called. Yanks gave him a ton f money for the pitcher he really isn't. Thats it. I'm not saying he sucks. But everyone now knows , He cant be trusted in a playoff race, and of coarse not in the playoffs. And Steve, Stop being jealous of the mets. You always bring them up. I know you used to be a Mets fan when you were young and then jumped on the Yank bandwagon. I remember you posting that somewhere. Anyway, you are the Jerome of UG, just like the old Jerome of WFAN.

Delete it you want, IDC. It's a legit question.
Unlike your posts in the Yankee thread shitting on Cole. Don't play coy and be passive aggressive. Get at it if you want to talk some shit.

Your boy DeGrom's elbow is shredded. FACTS.
Noah and Stroman are soon to be ghosts. Who your ACE? Carrasco?

Don't come shitting on our ACE, when your's sunk your season and needs another TJS.
So, show me the Medical records if you say Fact.

I don't have the time to hate on anything or anyone. It was a legit question, the optics scream another TJS for DeGrom.
Nothing wrong with a little smack talk now that both teams took a dump on the season and their fans.
Of coarse. agree 100%. Some guys just cant take it. I know you never take me serious.
I am not a Yanks fan but said it many times, the respect I have for them. I have also said it before the Yanks signed him that i have always liked Cole, so because the Yanks signed him, doesnt change me mind. So obviously you get it, but some others take it personal. OK, enough lovin, now back to hating.....

I don't have the time to hate on anything or anyone. It was a legit question, the optics scream another TJS for DeGrom.
Nothing wrong with a little smack talk now that both teams took a dump on the season and their fans.
You arent a doctor . How do you know his arm is shot??

Help your 300million dollar man out petition the league ask them to allow sticky substances again. Degrom is like 1/2 the price and twice as good as Cole. Stop it ,you sound silly.

I really don't think this is a pitching issue for them. Outside of Judge and Stanton there lineup is mediocre.

Combined C - 200k and .200 average
SS - 100K
2b - 100k
CF - 100k and .222 average
3B - 100k
and the 2 guys above that carried the team for the end of the season combine for 320k

You want to blame Cashman for that, I can see your point. In current baseball the manager is a puppet/cheerleader. If you want to make a move just to say you did something, I get it.
But in reality the lineup isn't close to good enough.

You arent a doctor . How do you know his arm is shot??

Help your 300million dollar man out petition the league ask them to allow sticky substances again. Degrom is like 1/2 the price and twice as good as Cole. Stop it ,you sound silly.
DeGrom made 15 starts and pitched 92 innings. 3 trips to the DL / never pitched after July 18th.
That right there tells me his arm IS suspect.
Cole made 30 starts and pitched 181 innings. 1 COVID DL stint (11 days) Missed 2 starts.

DeGrom's list of 2021 ailments below:
  • Right lat tightness
  • Right side tightness
  • Right flexor tendinitis
  • Right shoulder soreness
  • Right forearm tightness (his current ailment)
Lets not forget the slight tear he has in his UCL, did you Mets fans suddenly forget about that? Must be that selective memory you all have to live with. Just living on those memories of '86 three and a half decades later.

I didn't once debate who was better, everyone with any baseball knowledge knows its DeGrom. 15 Starts and a slight tear in his UCL, how far is that going to get you in 2022? I don't need to be a dr to understand the obvious optics that are staring at all you Mets fans in the face.

The Mets almost signed Bauer for crying out loud! LMAO!! The woman beater, would fit in with their culture of years past.

7 out of 10 Mets fans would wash out Cole's sweaty jock to have him on their team in that ballpark.
300 million dollar man? AIn't my money!

And NONE of them stats is "silly" like you said.....