2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

They should have kept Darnald. Dropped back for more picks and drafted some O line help or one of those top wide outs.

I have no horse in this race.
I have my own problems with Dan Jones and his greasy hands.
But Darnald wasn't the problem.
But you know with a new GM and new coach, they want “ their guy “
I liked Darnold. He wasn’t that good. Three too many , WTF throws, why did you throw that. I think Wilson has a higher ceiling. In College , Wilson never threw interceptions. In College, that was the knock on Darnold, and he never fixed it.

But you know with a new GM and new coach, they want “ their guy “
I liked Darnold. He wasn’t that good. Three too many , WTF throws, why did you throw that. I think Wilson has a higher ceiling. In College , Wilson never threw interceptions. In College, that was the knock on Darnold, and he never fixed it.
Plus Gase was a horrible coach. He never set the game plan to Darnold's strengths. I agree.. Too many WTF throws..

I agree. Gase was on the Kotite level, or the Ray Hanley level.
Gase was worse than either of them!

When Gase was the head coach of the Dolphins, he was interviewed after a win by Kim Bokamper, one of the Killer Bs of the late 70s/early 80s. Bokamper asked Gase if he was concerned about the amount of penalties the Dolphins committed in the game. Gase said he didn't care. Right then and there, Bokamper knew that Gase was not cut out to be a head coach, regardless of the previous success he had with Peyton Manning.

Gase was worse than either of them!

When Gase was the head coach of the Dolphins, he was interviewed after a win by Kim Bokamper, one of the Killer Bs of the late 70s/early 80s. Bokamper asked Gase if he was concerned about the amount of penalties the Dolphins committed in the game. Gase said he didn't care. Right then and there, Bokamper knew that Gase was not cut out to be a head coach, regardless of the previous success he had with Peyton Manning.
I don't know why people say Gase had success with Manning. Gase had nothing to do with Manning's success. He basically took attendance in the QB meeting room.

Manning loved him.
Ray Hanley fucking sucked but nobody was worse than Richie Kotite. Just ask his QB Boomer Esiason who kills him every chance he gets.
At least the Jets didn't keep Gase around that long.
If anything, Gase is directly responsible for the success the Dolphins are enjoying now because the entire stinking edifice had to be torn down after he left. I honestly believe that the Jets with enjoy the same type of success now that Saleh is the head coach--and this is coming from a Dolphins fan since 1974!

Manning loved him.
Ray Hanley fucking sucked but nobody was worse than Richie Kotite. Just ask his QB Boomer Esiason who kills him every chance he gets.
At least the Jets didn't keep Gase around that long.
Manning loving has nothing to do with success. Manning liked him cause he sat there and let manning do what he does best, run the show. He has failed everywhere, bears, dolphins, Jets. He couldn't even get a JV coaching job right now.

This O-Line is beat up already and it's only been 2 games. I just hope Wilson can hold up, I was shocked he was still in the game as late as he was against the Patriots. He took a couple of hits that had me thinking what if he got injured. I didn't get that. I understand from an experience perspective, but not down 20+ points with less than 5 minutes to go in the game.

Douglas' 2020 draft class isn't looking so hot right now. Why Mims has fallen so far so fast is a head scratcher. Douglas' talked this kid up right after he drafted him and now he is a healthy scratch. Let him play and see what he can do, could he be that bad?

Denver has a really solid DEF, going to be a rough one this week.

This O-Line is beat up already and it's only been 2 games. I just hope Wilson can hold up, I was shocked he was still in the game as late as he was against the Patriots. He took a couple of hits that had me thinking what if he got injured. I didn't get that. I understand from an experience perspective, but not down 20+ points with less than 5 minutes to go in the game.

Douglas' 2020 draft class isn't looking so hot right now. Why Mims has fallen so far so fast is a head scratcher. Douglas' talked this kid up right after he drafted him and now he is a healthy scratch. Let him play and see what he can do, could he be that bad?

I agree with every point you just made. Mims was a stud in College and has speed and big. It must have everything to do with practice.

I agree with every point you just made. Mims was a stud in College and has speed and big. It must have everything to do with practice.
That's the thing: a lot of fans have knee-jerk reactions to why a player isn't playing. They don't see the players practice (Practice? We're talking about practice?) day-in, day-out like the coaches do. For all we know, Mims may be freelancing too much or running the wrong routes. The coaches don't want to take chances like that in live game situations. Hopefully, he gets his head screwed on straight so he doesn't screw this opportunity up.

That's what I have read as well, that's he doesn't take to criticism well during practice. Might need an attitude adjustment. Who knows how true these reports are but he's def low on the totem pole right now. Hope he grows up or someone smacks some sense in him because there's no doubt he's talented.

I hope the ground game gets running, no pun intended. Think Michael Carter was a long bright spot last week. I need him to do well, not just as a Jets fan but because i have him on a couple of fantasy football teams lol, either on the bench or in the desperate ones, as a flex.

I hope the ground game gets running, no pun intended. Think Michael Carter was a long bright spot last week. I need him to do well, not just as a Jets fan but because i have him on a couple of fantasy football teams lol, either on the bench or in the desperate ones, as a flex.
Hard to trust their run game when the O-Line is so mediocre in pass protection and blocking.
Carter did look better last week for sure, would like to see if Perine is legit and potentially part of the future. Coleman knows the plays I get it why he's there, but let Carter, Johnson, Perine play majority of snaps and lets see what we got!!

I took Davis on my fantasy team, only Jet I liked. Berrios is intriguing me a bit in the slot with Crowder out. Berrios could be a sneaky pick up and roster stash.

Hard to trust their run game when the O-Line is so mediocre in pass protection and blocking.
Carter did look better last week for sure, would like to see if Perine is legit and potentially part of the future. Coleman knows the plays I get it why he's there, but let Carter, Johnson, Perine play majority of snaps and lets see what we got!!

I took Davis on my fantasy team, only Jet I liked. Berrios is intriguing me a bit in the slot with Crowder out. Berrios could be a sneaky pick up and roster stash.
I have Elijah Moore on a bench on one of my teams, again for fantasy and because I'm a long suffering Jets fan, hope his preseason moments translates to in-season magic. But yes, our continuing O-line issues are killing us. Why is it so difficult for us to get even decent O-line play?

I have Elijah Moore on a bench on one of my teams, again for fantasy and because I'm a long suffering Jets fan, hope his preseason moments translates to in-season magic. But yes, our continuing O-line issues are killing us. Why is it so difficult for us to get even decent O-line play?
Maccagnan was a nitemare in terms of talent evaluation, remember this is the guy who drafted Hockenberg with a 2nd rounder!!!
Douglas has legit had to start over, great OL are not easy to find. We were in on Thuney but he went to KC, can you blame him?

Have to hope that Becton and Vera-Tucker become solid bookends, overpay for a stud C or interior guy in free agency and its the start of something solid. A guy like Wilson or Carter have NO SHOT unless that O-Line gets straightened out. If you can't pass protect and give the QB time in todays NFL, you have almost no shot.